The Rise and Fall of Empires RULES & General Discussion

Moderator: Goatkiller666

Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Erkirithi-Sha wrote:Is it? I thought the governor bonus was just a +1 to the planet's CCs.

I think it would be good if the governor also had some other impact on game mechanics, to make it different from simply another kind of colony upgrade.
If it's +1, then it will be 5. As for the second question - I'll think about it.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Turns will now take a week to process. From now on, I will write up each advisor's report as a word document instead of sending emails out one at a time. This prevents some players becoming aware of things before another empire should do (like invasions or space conflicts). It also helps me spend more time writing them up. Instead of my weekend being taken up with turn processing, I plan to write up a report once a night. When they are all done I will send out the emails as a group instead.

Last turn I was very fatigued by the end and made some financial errors. As this is unsuitable, and that I was not too keen on writing a decent GDN article, I felt that I need to spend more time processing the turns.

Therefore, the turn deadline for turn 11 is friday, but it will the friday after when everyone will receive their turn results. I know this is frustrating for you players, but trust me that it will mean a better game.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

I'm all for it. It'll give me some extra time to plan as well.
Avatar wrote:But then, the answers provided by your imagination are not only sometimes best, but have the added advantage of being unable to be wrong.
T'lesir Core
Stonedownor

Post by T'lesir Core »

We, the T'lesir Core, would like to ask - does it mean that, if empires turn their orders earlier than the deadline, they will still be processed as they come (not being sent to them until all turns are done, but shortening perhaps the time span between deadline and issuing of turn results)?
Dorian
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dorian »

Just so you know, I donthave word, so if you could send mine in normal email format that would bet great. its only a case of cut and paste
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

That's completely understandable. As it's only a game, you shouldn't allow turn processing to be taking up so much of your spare time. I know I had similiar problems with Last Men in Hell.

I entered my written entry to the competition. It's somewhere between political tract and short story. I hope others enjoy it. It ended slightly longer than I had intended :?
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

T'lesir Core wrote:We, the T'lesir Core, would like to ask - does it mean that, if empires turn their orders earlier than the deadline, they will still be processed as they come (not being sent to them until all turns are done, but shortening perhaps the time span between deadline and issuing of turn results)?
Yes.
Just so you know, I donthave word, so if you could send mine in normal email format that would bet great. its only a case of cut and paste
I was going to cut and paste into emails, anyway.
Iblis
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Iblis »

Damn, I just haven't had time to take part in this competition. Sorry. If I can squeeze something out today I will, but don't count on it.
Now because You have led me astray, I shall surely sit in ambush for them on Your straight path.

Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

I had intended to post an avatar for the GDN part of the comp too . . . alas, I haven't had time for that either. A shame, I had a good idea I think (at least conceptually :? ).
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Free Traders wrote:Damn, I just haven't had time to take part in this competition. Sorry. If I can squeeze something out today I will, but don't count on it.
I'll extend the deadline until the end of next week.
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Awesome, that should give me a chance. :D Thanks.

--A
Atrus
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Atrus »

Turn sent, and thanks for the extension. Almost done with my story, but I have work for the next few days, so I'll be able to finish it now. :D
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

I've stated processing turn 11. The system I have adopted is much better, for I can really focus on telling everyone more about their empire and events. It's more fun for me, too. I expect that turn results will be sent out by friday.
Dorian
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dorian »

Im liking your new avatar pic there Lore, its pretty killer
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

Loremaster wrote: Build Defensive Facilities (165) – Defensive structures (ground to air missiles, orbital defences, fields protecting cities and industrial regions) are built on a designated planet.
Wow

Those defensive facilities must be pretty impressive if they cost that much ;)

Don't mean to be a smart-arse, but I thought I'd bring that to the GM's attention.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Ahhh, fixed.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

The turn results will be emailed out within twelve hours.
Erkirithi-Sha
Ramen

Post by Erkirithi-Sha »

The Empire of the Erkirithi-Sha waits with impatience for news of the implementation of the policies of the representatives of the Great Assisted-Divinity of the Emperor . . .
"To promote the Empire of the Erkirithi-Sha, through science, and through the Assisted-Divinity of the Everlasting Emperor; to advance and to evolve always forward, throwing off the mawkish sentimentality of lesser beings; to suffer no imposition; and to accept no destiny but that which we make. These were the aims of The Servants of The Emperor, and these are the aims of all true Erkirithi. Long shall prevail the will of the Emperor" - the last words of Ukule-Thaid, convicted of the assassination of Chairman Kleth, 432nd cycle.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Turn eleven results sent!
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

Just so everyone knows, I shall be travelling interstate next week, and will probably be without regular net access. Therefore, if I don't reply to PMs, that'll be why. I shall endeavour to hand my turn orders in early. A nice little turn for a nice little game :D

Return to “Empires”