Pantheon - Rules Feedback Thread

Moderator: Xar

balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

I was thinking....

can I claim "Worship" as a domain? :P :biggrin:
Avatar wrote:But then, the answers provided by your imagination are not only sometimes best, but have the added advantage of being unable to be wrong.
stonemaybe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by stonemaybe »

only if I can claim 'everyone else's worshippers' as mine!
Aglithophile and conniptionist and spectacular moonbow beholder 16Jul11

(:/>
Vadhaka
Giantfriend

Post by Vadhaka »

As a serious suggestion, how about lowering the likelihood of global events?

Especially lately, I feel like I'm spending all my time working on external things like the rifts and the world breaker and whatever rather than gameplay that revolves around the character.

I know it's to try and give a structure to the game, but a bit more actual play would be nice too.
Death To All Fanatics!
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Extremely good idea! Sure, big things will happen. But after the first few turns, does it have to be a constant threat from one source or another? Most players don't want to build, they want to destroy. Or at least dominate. Can't they be the main problem?
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Vadhaka
Giantfriend

Post by Vadhaka »

It's not the destruction by players that bothers me...it's the "random but continuous" threats," whether "natural" like the rifts in reality (So many rifts?) or NPC like Veria and her minions. I'm fine with threats from other players...in fact, I far prefer them.
Death To All Fanatics!
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

True dat, I totaly prefer getting my ass kicked by another player.
Avatar wrote:But then, the answers provided by your imagination are not only sometimes best, but have the added advantage of being unable to be wrong.
Astavyastataa Kadna
Bloodguard

Post by Astavyastataa Kadna »

Glad to oblige!! :biggrin: ;)
Argothoth
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Argothoth »

Vadhaka wrote:It's not the destruction by players that bothers me...it's the "random but continuous" threats," whether "natural" like the rifts in reality (So many rifts?) or NPC like Veria and her minions. I'm fine with threats from other players...in fact, I far prefer them.
I agree with you Vadhaka, as many times before i said.
I think the fate of Eiran should be in the hands of the players.
I think the allfather events should arrive only if the game is "quite".
Death is the threshold through which life eternal is reached.
Saving Eiran is the main reason for existing.
Embrace Death as the best means towards this goal.

The most powerful god in Eiran Pantheon 2.0
Divine Rank: 11
Total Worshipers and Prevalent Race: 2.411.443 (undead humans)
stonemaybe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by stonemaybe »

what really bugged me was the events that you didn't know if they were random or started by another player. Every other turn I seemed to be getting a false preacher event....from now on false preachers will be thrown to the sharks - no trial nothing! (not that i ever gave them a trial :biggrin: )

I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

...Crap. I totally forgot to do anything with the false prophet I had arrested. Detaining for a year without trial isn't exactly, uh, Just.
stonemaybe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by stonemaybe »

I think I've got about seven secreted about the place....

Xar
Lord

Post by Xar »

I'm willing to scale down the likelihood of random events, but only if I see conflict between deities. Until the appearance of Asta, and actually until a few turns later, the only conflict of note, overt or not, was the one between every god and Nor (with the exception of the short-lived Adomorn/Maeror conflict). Hopefully, the rules should provide for plenty of conflict, as you will see when I post them.
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

I'd certainly prefer that to a round of unending "disasters."

--A
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Xar wrote:I'm willing to scale down the likelihood of random events, but only if I see conflict between deities. Until the appearance of Asta, and actually until a few turns later, the only conflict of note, overt or not, was the one between every god and Nor (with the exception of the short-lived Adomorn/Maeror conflict). Hopefully, the rules should provide for plenty of conflict, as you will see when I post them.
Ugh...

You will leave the option of peaceful resolution between deities open? Please???

...yeah...yeah...yeah...stretch as a character...pheh...
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Just thinking, the random events may prevent inter-deity conflict, because everybody has too much other stuff to deal with.

--A
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

*thinking back over my Turns, as there has only been eight so far*

Xar...is it lack of conflict between dieties, or lack of publicly posting in the Game thread the negotiations and interactions between them that you're looking for? I know I had a few minor (compared to others) events thrown my way in my Turn results involving other deities. But they were resolved via PM or other methods, and the resulting actions were submitted directly to you instead of hashed out on the board.
stonemaybe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by stonemaybe »

Xar wrote:I'm willing to scale down the likelihood of random events, but only if I see conflict between deities. Until the appearance of Asta, and actually until a few turns later, the only conflict of note, overt or not, was the one between every god and Nor (with the exception of the short-lived Adomorn/Maeror conflict). Hopefully, the rules should provide for plenty of conflict, as you will see when I post them.
I think the 'problem' is that most of the players (including me) don't see Pantheon as a game to be won, we see it as a game to be enjoyed. And if you're playing for enjoyment, why risk bringing the game to an end and spoiling your enjoyment, by entering conflict?

It is also difficult and possibly counter-productive to justify conflict for those gods who have honorable domains.

If Pantheon 3 is to be a game where we are all out to 'win' to the detriment of the other players, I don't think it will be nearly as enjoyable as P2.

Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Stonemaybe wrote:
I think the 'problem' is that most of the players (including me) don't see Pantheon as a game to be won, we see it as a game to be enjoyed. And if you're playing for enjoyment, why risk bringing the game to an end and spoiling your enjoyment, by entering conflict?

It is also difficult and possibly counter-productive to justify conflict for those gods who have honorable domains.

If Pantheon 3 is to be a game where we are all out to 'win' to the detriment of the other players, I don't think it will be nearly as enjoyable as P2.
No kidding. Things were going just fine in the peaceful times, as far as I was concerned. That's the way I wanted things to go, and worked hard to keep it that way. (You were a part of that Adomorn/Maeror conflict, so you know I put a LOT of time into helping end it.)

But we have to consider that Xar puts waaaaaaaaaay more time into this than any of us, and more than most of us combined. If the game is not enjoyable for him, why should he run it? So just know that the nasty stuff is going to be a part of it. Hence, my non-Bhakti god in P3. :twisted:
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Hedra Iren
Stonedownor

Post by Hedra Iren »

"It is also difficult and possibly counter-productive to justify conflict for those gods who have honorable domains."

Very true. Evil gets too much clout as it is. Of course it's to their advantage to cause conflict. Doing good, even offensively, is extremely difficult to gain traction with.
O, brothers! let us leave the shame and sin Of taking vainly in a plaintive mood, The holy name of Grief--holy herein, That, by the grief of One, came all our good.
-Elizabeth Barrett Browning
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Well, I'm looking forward to causing conflict. I think I've made an interesting character, and roleplaying him is where my enjoyment will come from. He will want to control the entire world--but of course, that's not possible in this game, really. So the conflict will just be something to fuel our playing.
And I hope that the way I intend to go about it will avoid the problem of playing to the detriment of other players, which I wouldn't want to find myself doing.

Return to “Pantheon”