Yes!
64%
No!
36%

Total votes: 14

Immanentizing The Eschaton

Pantheon 2.0 - The End Of The World

Post by Avatar »

Well, I sure didn't expect that the question of whether or not to end the world would be up to me.

If the end of the world had happened as a result of my action, I woulda been fine with that. However, we're not talking about the end of the world here, but the end of the game. The world would putter along (or enter stasis) but our game would be over.

Now, I could live with that if a new game was close on the horizon. (And I mean close. )

But I really don't want to be the person who spoils it for everybody else either. Not fair that my brief and possibly temporary disaffection should spoil the fun for everybody. Especially now that things are again looking more interesting than they were when I conceived this plan.

So, I'd sorta like to know where everybody stands before I make my call, which is gonna happen in a day or so, so get voting. :D

Points in favour of interdiction:
  • Interest in P3.0 seems pretty strong. And I'm interested as well. I'm quite keen on the idea of a new game.

Nobody loses.

New game, new chances, new players.
Points against interdiction:
  • Nobody wins, nothing is resolved. Like P1.0 but worse. :D

Things are getting interesting again.

Interdiction appears to mean Nephirthos could be back at any time.

Delay before new game.
Uh, that's all I can think of right now. What do y'all think? IF you just wanna vote with no explanation, go ahead. But I think I'm gonna have to answer Xar within the next 24 hours or so...so don't delay.

--A
Xar
Lord

Re: Pantheon 2.0 - The End Of The World

Post by Xar »

Yes, a prompt answer would be best - not to put pressure on you, but because if you decide for interdiction, before starting the new game I'll have to go through the finalized Pantheon 2.0 files in order to extract all that could be relevant to the game later ;)
Bhakti
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Bhakti »

Everybody who is NOT in P2 but wants to join P3 will vote Yes. :lol:
I am the self-fulfilling prophecy. Give love, and you WILL receive love. Let your every answer, your every action and reaction, your every desire, be rooted in love.
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Hmmm, so you're saying P3.0 would be close?

--A
Vadhaka
Giantfriend

Post by Vadhaka »

Bhakti wrote:Everybody who is NOT in P2 but wants to join P3 will vote Yes. :lol:
Hmmm...OK, everybody has to post what they voted. Sorry P3.0 hopefuls, current players get preference. :D
Death To All Fanatics!
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

I've calmed down since friday, and now I'm not as concerned over which is chosen. I'll have to think about it.
Bhakti
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Bhakti »

No Interdict!

(Also, it's spelled E-i-r-a-n. :mrgreen:)
I am the self-fulfilling prophecy. Give love, and you WILL receive love. Let your every answer, your every action and reaction, your every desire, be rooted in love.
Vadhaka
Giantfriend

Post by Vadhaka »

Murrin wrote:I've calmed down since friday, and now I'm not as concerned over which is chosen. I'll have to think about it.
Think quick brother. :D

Folks, chances are I'll choose what the majority want.
Death To All Fanatics!
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Friday I was interested in what was going on in the current game. Today I've been thinking about the new game stuff. I'm inclined at the minute to vote for the game ending, just because it's what's on my mind more this morning. But I don't want to risk being the one who ends the game, just on a whim.
O-gon-cho
The Gap Into Spam
Location: And closing of the eyes - true vision, The Light within became...Within the Light

Post by O-gon-cho »

No Interdiction!

Let's play it out. I really want to see what Xar has in mind with Nephirthos, if the Axis doesn't destroy us all first. I would prefer the issue of Nephirthos be resolved somehow before 3.0 launches.

...and I am curious if OGC would survive to make it back to 3.0 without an interdiction...
Vadhaka
Giantfriend

Post by Vadhaka »

Murrin wrote:But I don't want to risk being the one who ends the game, just on a whim.
No, you'll leave me to bear the burden instead huh? :lol:
Death To All Fanatics!
Astavyastataa Kadna
Bloodguard

Post by Astavyastataa Kadna »

I vote Interdict. Unless it is DESTROYED (AK would like that :biggrin: ), there should be no "end".

We have achieved "balance". The forces of GOOD and their opposite seem to have a balanced chance to win. (tho the balace is achieved primarily thru NPC's - WB vs Melirelle & Worm :lol: )

While I don't mind fighting until the world is gone, a new world offers interesting opportunities and let's a number of new players in.
Vadhaka
Giantfriend

Post by Vadhaka »

Yeah...but I don't really want it to let Neph in again either.
Death To All Fanatics!
O-gon-cho
The Gap Into Spam
Location: And closing of the eyes - true vision, The Light within became...Within the Light

Post by O-gon-cho »

Vadhaka wrote:Yeah...but I don't really want it to let Neph in again either.
*soft smile*

Thank you for considering that aspect, brother. Although I admit even if we play it out, there is no guarantee we will find a solution to Nephirthos. But I think our chances of doing so are greater than if we go only with Interdiction. Having reread what the AllFather actually proposed, I believe if we go with Interdiction we are pretty much guaranteed Nephirthos would return sooner or later.
Astavyastataa Kadna
Bloodguard

Post by Astavyastataa Kadna »

Even IF you win Nephy can come back!! :lol:

No god is dead beyond the AllFather's 'event' generator reach!
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

If enough players tell Xar they don't want Neph to come back, we might get our way.
O-gon-cho
The Gap Into Spam

Post by O-gon-cho »

Astavyastataa Kadna wrote:Even IF you win Nephy can come back!! :lol:

No god is dead beyond the AllFather's 'event' generator reach!
True 'nuff.

But, if we play on, there is a chance we can again somehow exile or bind him. Interdiction does nothing to him that would prevent him from returning at any point once 3.0 launches..
Murrin wrote:If enough players tell Xar they don't want Neph to come back, we might get our way.
8O

Do you really believe that, Sister/Brother?

...no offense meant, AllFather... ;)
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Well, if the response to Nephirthos' returning is going to be a collective groan, I think he might take that into consideration.

Please Xar, let us make our own enemies. Don't make things so contrived.
Xar
Lord

Post by Xar »

Murrin wrote:Well, if the response to Nephirthos' returning is going to be a collective groan, I think he might take that into consideration.

Please Xar, let us make our own enemies. Don't make things so contrived.
If you people had managed to get some inter-deity conflict going apart from that aborted Nor Yekith-Argothoth coup, I wouldn't have needed to bring back Nephirthos (although he HAD been foreshadowed since Turn 2...) :P
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

You still didn't need to--the Astavyastataa and Argothoth stuff was already starting up when you did.

Return to “Pantheon”