Borderlands - Rules Thread

Moderator: Goatkiller666

Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

It's a couple hours off Friday. You can submit them within 24 hrs, but if I have most tomorrow, I may get them finished and out by Sunday. Otherwise it'll likely be next Friday.
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

Montressor wrote:Received and it looks all good.

I've had a few enquiries about element sizes, so I thought I'd point something out - 1 element always has more than one person in it (the only exceptions are Commander Units and spies). So, if a player has 3 Cannibal Raiders, this does not mean there are only 3 men/women in that group. Most likely, there are between 15 and 30. Military units generally have around 5, scouts usually have about 3, workers can have up to ten people in an element etc etc.

1 unit of PEOPLE is roughly equivalent to 5-20 people (counting the infirm or the too young). So, if someone has a dozen elements and 30 PEOPLE their faction probably has about 400 people in it. Though players should not concern themselves too much with just how many people are in this or that unit - in all likelihood, the same kinds of squads would have different numbers.

Also, a reminder - orders are due tomorrow...sooner means I can process the turn this week.
Whoa. Didn't realise THAT. Thanks for the clarification.
Avatar wrote:But then, the answers provided by your imagination are not only sometimes best, but have the added advantage of being unable to be wrong.
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

Hey, folks - just in case you hadn't guessed...the turns weren't able to be processed this weekend.

Everything will be done by this Friday (maybe sooner). I'm using the extra time to create some book-keeping tools for myself, to make processing even faster.
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

Btw, anyone who can suggest to me a free and easy to use grid generator which I can overlay in photoshop etc will get a small resource bonus next turn. That's not a joke.
Shadow Strike
Stonedownor

Post by Shadow Strike »

Montressor wrote:Btw, anyone who can suggest to me a free and easy to use grid generator which I can overlay in photoshop etc will get a small resource bonus next turn. That's not a joke.

oo goody

Using photoshop:

Create a new stamp pattern: New square document (make sure its an even division of your map size), select all, then border the selection via the menu by x pixels. then fill selection with black (or whatever). Make sure its now proportionally how you want your line thickness to be (bear in mind it will double when stamped). Select all, then go edit -> define pattern. Name it, then use the pattern stamp tool in your map image on a new layer, with your awesome new pattern, and it will reveal your single squares you made, set the blending mode to multiply, and the white is gone. If your squares are too big you'll have to go back to the stamp image, just resize it down and create a new pattern. Then try again on the map image.

Below is what it turns out like, I was just playing so the lines are far too thick and the stamp wasn't a even division of the "map" image, but you get the idea.

Last edited by Shadow Strike on Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dorian
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dorian »

how am I ment to compete verse a geek like him
Shadow Strike
Stonedownor

Post by Shadow Strike »

Dorian wrote:how am I ment to compete verse a geek like him
So much for fascists being superior eh
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

Haha - and I should have known to simply ask Shadow what was done straight away. Cheers.

I will still have a look at what Dorian linked to me, and see which I find the easiest to use.

Also - we now have another player. There will be no more admissions without eliminations now, however :wink:
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

I only have the Waste Nomad player turns to calculate now. This should be done tomorrow night. It's looking to be a very interesting turn for some. Almost half the factions saw some kind of action . . .
Halal_Kebab
Servant of the Land

Grid System

Post by Halal_Kebab »

I was going to suggest looking through your potato masher. An excellent grid system if you ask me. But, I guess Shadow's system may work as well. Your choice really Montressor.
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

All turns processed and sent out. Turn Three orders are due Tuesday the 18th (to allow the chance to get it done before Xmas).

Bonuses for Shadow and Dorian will be given next turn (for the grid pattern). Halal earns a nod for the masher idea . . . and that's it.
The Sisters of Solace
Servant of the Land

Post by The Sisters of Solace »

Thank you, Montressor. My first report is awesome.

...now to figure out what it all means...
Dorian
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dorian »

My advice is dont double,triple and quaddrouble read into everything like you do everything else. take it as it is. otherwise you will get stressed and make myself and monty ppull our hair out trying to sort out your made up problems for you
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

:|

So far I've been good...

Honest

...haven't started working on my next moves yet though...
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

Sorry for the lateness. Got hit by a car, and couldn't submit. :?
Avatar wrote:But then, the answers provided by your imagination are not only sometimes best, but have the added advantage of being unable to be wrong.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Balon wrote:Sorry for the lateness. Got hit by a car, and couldn't submit. :?
8O
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

Balon wrote:Sorry for the lateness. Got hit by a car, and couldn't submit. :?
Really? That's determination . . .

You've submitted ahead of the current deadline, anyway - and you're the first to do so, so no sweat.
Dorian
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dorian »

you got hit by a car and still managed to post?

Shit i knew i should have reversed back over ya
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

:haha:

Wow. I was early!? AND the first? HAHAHA. Frickin' sweet.

Anyway, I mentioned it in the Gen thread, but I've only been out of the hit for 24 hours, so I haven't really been able to notify the whole Watch yet.

I was merging through both lanes on my bike (from left to right) and I misjudged the distance in the second lane. Got hit from behind, and went flying. The bike took the brunt, and my leather jacket and helmet protected the rest. The only real damage I got was some roadrash on my left thigh. Other than that, considering I got in a fight with a sedan, I cam out REALLY well.

AND I submitted on time. SO awsome.
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

Turn 3 Orders due tomorrow.

Return to “Borderlands”