Kent State University

For discussion about Stephen R. Donaldson's other works, Reed Stephens, group meetings, elohimfests, SRD sightings, and more.

Moderator: Seareach

kastenessen
Giantfriend

Kent State University

Post by kastenessen »

Anybody been to Kent and read anything of TCTC. For instance the 900pgs or something of TIW. I'd love to go there but it's kind of far away...
Lorien
Servant of the Land

Post by Lorien »

This will be rather embarassing, but I live in Ohio and have never been to Kent State! And I live right in the middle of the state so nothing is more than about 2.5 hours away.

I did read that Kent State has a special collection of SRD works there - including some manuscripts and rough drafts. I think I saw it on their website.

Kastenessen - I promise to try to go there before the year is out, then I'll tell you all about it! I have also promised my fiancee that we would go to the Neil Armstrong museum in Wapakoneta, Ohio, so I might have to fulfill that promise first, but I would love to go to Kent State and check it out.
Out flew the web and floated wide;
The mirror crack'd from side to side;
"The curse is come upon me," cried
The Lady of Shalott.
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

I didn't understand kastenessen's post. I gather SRD went there, and the copy of TIW they have in their archives is the huge original that he had to edit so much? That would be amazingly cool to read!!!
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

definately!! and i believe SRD is still a member of the English School board there or some such thing ..

he may even attend the campus sometimes!!

i dunno about this .. i read something about his honourary or literal membership some time ago ..
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Romeo
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Romeo »

Here's the web site at Kent State:

speccoll.library.kent.edu/literature/prose/donald.html

I believe SRD got his masters degree there, and he's originally from Ohio. If you click on the Lord Foul's Bane link, for example, you'll see that they have a couple versions of the manuscript on file. I've been planning to go up for years to read these over, but have never had the time.

Return to “General SRD Discussion and Other Works”