Hegemony

The Gap Into Online Internet Conversation

Moderators: Cord Hurn, Cagliostro

Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

ItisWritten wrote:
Sorus wrote:Not a lie, but certainly sneaky. And yet, they somehow maintain a reputation for being fair dealers.
That's our admiration for those who operate successfully in the gray, or even the dark.

How else do you explain our obsession with mobsters?
A good post.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

drew wrote:Perhaps over their past, they've had battles with themselves (I know it's a streatch to think of a race of creature to war with themselves)
I don't see a problem with that idea. After all, we fight amongst ourselves constantly.
drew wrote:Getting back on track...SRD's claims on being an efficiant writter, lead me to beleive, that if there were no other races mentioned in the GAP; he had no other races in mind.
A fair point, but the fact that he didn't conceive any other races doesn't mean he intended the rest of the galaxy/universe to be empty of life. I suspect he would mention/create other races only if they're to be used in the story.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

Indeed
Cord Hurn
Servant of the Band

Post by Cord Hurn »

It may be that the Amnion gave their ships names because they couldn't identify them by scents through the vacuum of space (unlike how they can identify each other by scent when they are together in the same ship). The ship names, like Tranquil and Calm may have been meant to deceive humans or to represent their own "feelings" about these ships.
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Well, they didn't want war...just victory. :D

--A
Cord Hurn
Servant of the Band

Post by Cord Hurn »

Avatar wrote:Well, they didn't want war...just victory. :D

--A
True enough! :mrgreen:

Return to “The Gap Series”