Where's the One Rock?

A place to discuss the books in the FC and SC. *Please Note* No LC spoilers allowed in this forum. Do so in the forum below.

Moderators: kevinswatch, Orlion

jacob Raver, sinTempter
The Gap Into Spam

Where's the One Rock?

Post by jacob Raver, sinTempter »

Where'd it go? I can't find it? And neither, it seems, can SRD?

K. All jokes aside.

If there's a good rock that the orecrest are from and a bad rock that the illcrest are from, and a good tree that the staff of law is from, then naturally...

And really, though, I haven't read RotE or FR, is it in there? It's kind of important, don't you think?
Sunshine Music
Deep Music
"I'm gonna eat your brains and gain your knowledge." - Tony Block, Planet Terror
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Hasn't shown up yet, jacob.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
Ur Dead
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Ur Dead »

Seems there might be opposites or counter objects/things for all the good stuff.
Could be some of these were the banes that Foul placed.
What's this silver looking ring doing on my finger?
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

Take the One Road, turn right at the One Fork, and you'll see the One Rock on your left. If you get to Old Man Sowder's One Barn, you've gone too far.
Brother Charn
Giantfriend

Post by Brother Charn »

I just assumed it was 29 units away from 30 Rock.

:roll:
BCakaDWakaD!

- Brother Charn
"Shadows beware! The Light of Day shall find you, no matter where you lurk." - Archbeacon Davos
jacob Raver, sinTempter
The Gap Into Spam

dlbpharmd wrote:Take the One Road, turn right at the One Fork, and you'll see the One Rock on your left. If you get to Old Man Sowder's One Barn, you've gone too far.
I definately will, thanx for the help, I need that One Fork to eat the Flying Spaghetti Monster...I'm really hungry.
Sunshine Music
Deep Music
"I'm gonna eat your brains and gain your knowledge." - Tony Block, Planet Terror
AjK
The Gap Into Spam
Location: Standing in the dark. Watching you glow. Lifting a receiver ...

Post by AjK »

dlbpharmd wrote:Take the One Road, turn right at the One Fork, and you'll see the One Rock on your left. If you get to Old Man Sowder's One Barn, you've gone too far.
Yeah, I was there one time.
... nobody I know.
Rocksister
Giantfriend

Re: Where's the One Rock?

Post by Rocksister »

jacob Raver, sinTempter wrote:Where'd it go? I can't find it? And neither, it seems, can SRD?

K. All jokes aside.

If there's a good rock that the orecrest are from and a bad rock that the illcrest are from, and a good tree that the staff of law is from, then naturally...
Naturally there's a bad tree? Hmm, interesting. The Staff of Chaos? The Staff of Evil? The Staff of Foulness? The Staff of Ill? Its roots were "nourished" by the banes and vile waters under Mount Thunder. Very interesting concept.
Heard my ears aright? Did not the gaddhi grant me this glaive?

One must have strength to judge the weakness of others. I am not so mighty. Lord Mhoram in TIW
High Lord Tolkien
Excommunicated Member of THOOLAH

Post by High Lord Tolkien »

AjK wrote:
Yeah, I was there one time.
Did you forgot to turn left at Old Johnson's barn that burned down ten years ago?
:D

Hey!
AjK, what game is your avatar from?
I remember playing that but can't for the life of me remember where.
https://thoolah.blogspot.com/

[Defeated by a gizmo from Batman's utility belt]
Joker: I swear by all that's funny never to be taken in by that unconstitutional device again!

Image Image Image Image
AjK
The Gap Into Spam
Location: Standing in the dark. Watching you glow. Lifting a receiver ...

Post by AjK »

High Lord Tolkien wrote:Did you forgot to turn left at Old Johnson's barn that burned down ten years ago?
:lol:
High Lord Tolkien wrote:AjK, what game is your avatar from?
Rastan Saga, an arcade game from back in the 80's. Still available for MAME, btw!
... nobody I know.
High Lord Tolkien
Excommunicated Member of THOOLAH

Post by High Lord Tolkien »

AjK wrote:
High Lord Tolkien wrote:AjK, what game is your avatar from?
Rastan Saga, an arcade game from back in the 80's. Still available for MAME, btw!
Oh yeah!
I used to play that all the time! :D
https://thoolah.blogspot.com/

[Defeated by a gizmo from Batman's utility belt]
Joker: I swear by all that's funny never to be taken in by that unconstitutional device again!

Image Image Image Image
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Thanks, HLT. That was bugging me, too. Knew it wasn't Cadash, but couldn't place it.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
spoonchicken
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by spoonchicken »

At the risk of offering a real answer to a rhetorical question.......Orcrest is like hurtloam. If you know what it is, and where to look, you might get lucky & find some. In the same manner that the Illearth Stone was buried deep in the Earth, orcrest is the same way. The Earth (and the Land)are full of mysteries.
"Who enters here, do not lose hope / Who leaves; do not rejoice / Who has not been, shall be here yet / Who has been here, shall never forget" Anonymous / discovered scratched into the wall of a cell in the KGB's Lefortovo Prison in Moscow/originally quoted in the book "Alexander Dolguns Story" (by A.Dolgun),describing the ordeals of an American citizen falsely imprisoned by the Soviet Union from 1948 to 1957.
jacob Raver, sinTempter
The Gap Into Spam

I would think that the Illearth Stone was planted by Foul, one of those Banes that were planted within the Creators', err, creation.

And I think that the "rot in the earth" mentioned by the Elohim might be the One Stone...we'll see.
Sunshine Music
Deep Music
spoonchicken
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by spoonchicken »

The One Rock is located inside the bowl of The One Glass Pipe, about 15 miles due south of Two Rock, California (yes, a real city !!)
"Who enters here, do not lose hope / Who leaves; do not rejoice / Who has not been, shall be here yet / Who has been here, shall never forget" Anonymous / discovered scratched into the wall of a cell in the KGB's Lefortovo Prison in Moscow/originally quoted in the book "Alexander Dolguns Story" (by A.Dolgun),describing the ordeals of an American citizen falsely imprisoned by the Soviet Union from 1948 to 1957.
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

I've never looked as the One Rock as a bane, nope, sorry, can't picture it...
fall far and well Pilots!
jacob Raver, sinTempter
The Gap Into Spam

danlo wrote:I've never looked as the One Rock as a bane, nope, sorry, can't picture it...
Me neither...but maybe Foul will corrupt it or something interesting...
Sunshine Music
Deep Music
Warmark
Lord

Post by Warmark »

Brother Charn wrote:I just assumed it was 29 units away from 30 Rock.

:roll:
Awesome.
But if you're all about the destination, then take a fucking flight.
We're going nowhere slowly, but we're seeing all the sights.
And we're definitely going to hell, but we'll have all the best stories to tell.

Full of the heavens and time.
iQuestor
The Gap Into Spam

Re: Where's the One Rock?

Post by iQuestor »

jacob Raver, sinTempter wrote:Where'd it go? I can't find it? And neither, it seems, can SRD?

K. All jokes aside.

And really, though, I haven't read RotE or FR, is it in there? It's kind of important, don't you think?

whats illcrest? never heard of that.
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

I think he means fragments of the Illearth Stone...(I know,duh me/but...)
fall far and well Pilots!

Return to “The First and Second Chronicles of Thomas Covenant”