Which do you think is the WORST Star Wars Film?

Talk about both the movies and the books.

Moderator: aTOMiC

Poll ended at Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:27 am

Phantom Menace
64%
Attack of the Clones
27%
Revenge of the Sith
No votes
Return of the Jedi
No votes
Clone Wars (before you pick this, consider who the film was made for and what it was setting up)
No votes
I hate Star Wars. All you nerds can go play with your light sabers!
9%

Total votes: 11

jacob Raver, sinTempter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by jacob Raver, sinTempter »

This ought to be good...

I'm only including those five films, cause if one of the other two is your pick, well your basically saying the last option. Oh, too...if you do pick that option, well...

...your just not Geek enough... :twisted:
Last edited by jacob Raver, sinTempter on Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sunshine Music
Deep Music
"I'm gonna eat your brains and gain your knowledge." - Tony Block, Planet Terror
matrixman
The Gap Into Spam

Post by matrixman »

I vote Attack of the Clones. I shudder every time I think of the scenes between Anakin and Padme. Which is really unfortunate because I liked Padme on her own - she was a smart, sexy woman who kicked ass in both Phantom and Clones.

The last exciting half hour or so almost redeemed AotC, but it was simply too little, too late at that point.
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

Phantom, by a mile. In that film, we discover that our magical Force is, in fact, a virus.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
caamora
The Purifier

Post by caamora »

Phantom Menace.
The King has one more move.
matrixman
The Gap Into Spam

Post by matrixman »

Phantom and Clones remain the only Star Wars movies I haven't bought. I just can't bring myself to: whenever I'm in the video store and entertain the thought of getting them for the sake of completing the "saga," their suckitude repulses me every time. :lol:
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

AOTC is the worst. TPM has issues, but is redeemed by the absolute awesomeness of Darth Maul and the lightsaber confrontation at the end.
Vader
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vader »

Basically all 3 new ones.

The Phantom Menace was already horrible (a felt a bit like watching Beverly Hill 90210 in Space). Forcing myself to watch Attack of the Clones I fell asleep halfway in between (or maybe my instinct of self-preservation let me drift into a coma). I didn't bother to rent Revenge of The Sith. I watched the important part when Anakin falls into the lava pit and becomes Vader on YouTube. Call it heresy, but I am actually kind of glad Lucas is too old to screw it up even more with a third trilogy.
Functionless art is vandalism. I am the vandal.
jacob Raver, sinTempter
The Gap Into Spam

Vader wrote:Basically all 3 new ones.

The Phantom Menace was already horrible (a felt a bit like watching Beverly Hill 90210 in Space). Forcing myself to watch Attack of the Clones I fell asleep halfway in between (or maybe my instinct of self-preservation let me drift into a coma). I didn't bother to rent Revenge of The Sith. I watched the important part when Anakin falls into the lava pit and becomes Vader on YouTube. Call it heresy, but I am actually kind of glad Lucas is too old to screw it up even more with a third trilogy.
I'll bump that...
Sunshine Music
Deep Music
"I'm gonna eat your brains and gain your knowledge." - Tony Block, Planet Terror
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

I voted 'all'. I grew up loving Star Wars, but the hype and the prequels killed the love.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
jacob Raver, sinTempter
The Gap Into Spam

Loremaster wrote:I voted 'all'. I grew up loving Star Wars, but the hype and the prequels killed the love.
Jedi too? I mean, yah the Ewoks sucked, and the whole "that issue with the vent from before, lets make it wayyy bigger this time, and have many of them, okay?", yah that sucked. But the Emperor? The beginning Act w/ Luke finely kicking some tail...the awe of seeing the new Death Star soooo freaking huge, and incomplete? Vader's Command Ship...Admiral Akbar..."sister"...the divided Luke?
Sunshine Music
Deep Music
Percipience
Servant of the Land

Post by Percipience »

I guess I'll vote Phantom Menace. I liked the desert race, I liked the Obi Wan scenes, but everything else sucked.

Attack of the Clones was better. Mr. Fett was awesome. The stadium fight was cool. Anakin was tolerable. C3PO absolutely wasn't.

But Revenge of the Sith totally absolutely 100% rocked. And the other three films were wonderful too.

(Clone Wars was so horrific in previews I refused to see it and can't judge.)
Demondime-a-dozen-spawn
Giantfriend

Post by Demondime-a-dozen-spawn »

Phantom Menace, if Phantom Menace = Episode I

In 1977 I saw STAR WARS (I refuse to refer to it as Episode IV) in the theater 25 times (at least).

I was in the theater for Phantom Menace: The lights went down, the STAR WARS logo flashed on the screen, Johhny Williams's music kicked in, a thrill went up my spine, I was in HEAVEN...

It was all downhill from there. That film sucked ass, and so did the next two.

I guess you really can't go home again...
Meets or Exceeds International Humane Kill Standards.

Perpetual Motion or Until the Rubber Band Wears Out Motion
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

all of them.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

Okay. How do I honestly answer the question?
Yes I'm a Star Wars fan...period.
So what criteria do I use to evaluate which film sucks the most?
Well, it's pretty hard.
First of all until the prequels I was quite comfortable hating many aspects of Jedi which made that film easy to assign as the most suckful of all the Star Wars movies.
(I'm still wrestling with whether I hated the Ewoks or Harrison Ford's campy portrayal of Han that bothers me the most...ah who am I kidding? Ewoks and everything about them!)
I am pre programed to think of the prequels as sub par or unnecessary so all three fall short of any one of the original film trilogy so it comes down to a prequel.
I found Jake, Hayden and Natalie annoying from day one. Something about the actors chosen either bored me or they got under my skin in some way so we have three films with lead actors I dislike. Not a good start. On the flip side Christopher Lee, Sam Jackson and Ewan McGregor were very entertaining actors in their roles so it wasn't a total mess for me. (JAR JAR!!!!!!) Anyway, I agree with those that say there are great, even awesome individual scenes in all three prequels. The sabre duel with Darth Maul in Menace, Yoda's surprise in Clones and the Yoda/Sidious - Anakin/Obi-wan battles were excellent.
I guess I have stop stalling and make a choice.
I suppose I have to give it to Menace due to the fact that I actually found myself being bored during nearly half the film. Clones may have had some truly vomit inducing moments with Anakin and Padme but I felt nauseous not bored. Sith was the strongest of the three. Even if the story/plot seemed very forced and Anakin's transformation (to me) wasn't as heartbreaking as it was unbelievable. Anakin, the chosen one, would have to be equally stupid as he was talented to have turned to the dark side as he did. IMHO of course.
"If you can't tell the difference, what difference does it make?"

"There is tic and toc in atomic" - Neil Peart
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Good post, aTOMic!
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
jacob Raver, sinTempter
The Gap Into Spam

I agree with aTomic, but I thought Samuel Jackson did horrible, more because of the wooden and shallow dialogue Lucas gave him than anything else.
Sunshine Music
Deep Music
Orlion
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Orlion »

As a friend told me, your film can only be as good as your source... and Lucas, well... he did do a movie about a duck... :P
'Tis dream to think that Reason can
Govern the reasoning creature, man.
- Herman Melville

I am Lazarus, come from the dead,
Come back to tell you all, I shall tell you all!

"All creation is a huge, ornate, imaginary, and unintended fiction; if it could be deciphered it would yield a single shocking word."
-John Crowley
jacob Raver, sinTempter
The Gap Into Spam

? (not...Howard)
Sunshine Music
Deep Music
Cord Hurn
Servant of the Band

Post by Cord Hurn »

The Phantom Menace is the worst, because of that insuffably long pod race and because of too much Jar Jar Binks.
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

How did I never post in this? AotC was the worst. Anakin / Padme / Palpatine. Yoda, the flying chipmunk. Gods, I cringed.

--A

Return to “Star Wars and Star Trek Forum”