Pantheon Third Age - Treasury Advice for the All Father

Moderator: Xar

Should we eliminate the Treasury

Yes
11%
No
67%
No - but change it .... (post explanation)
22%

Total votes: 9

Madadeva
The Gap Into Spam

Pantheon Third Age - Treasury Advice for the All Father

Post by Madadeva »

If he is interested ;) Lets VOTE! :biggrin:
Madadeva
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Madadeva »

I like it - IMO, I think this dialogue should help those who don't use it to know it's an option. They can chose to use it or not. Those who are using it well - deserve the advantage it gives them.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

As I said in the comments thread, I use it, but have no idea if I am using it effectively, or even correctly. I seem to be able to get things done with the way I have used it, and have heard nothing to lead me to believe what I am doing is wrong, so...

Keep it as it is, but perhaps explain exactly how it works for those who may not take advantage of it, or may not use it effectively...
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

-Useable only with 5 at a time.

-Upper maximum of stored treasury. 20? 15?

-remove the need for Treasury to upkeep your followers (lessens the work Xar needs to do)
Avatar wrote:But then, the answers provided by your imagination are not only sometimes best, but have the added advantage of being unable to be wrong.
Madadeva
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Madadeva »

balon! wrote:-Useable only with 5 at a time.
Does this mean in one turn you can only use 5? or that you have to use in groups of 5? 5, 10, 15, 20 .... but not 12 or 2?
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

Hmm... it depends on what Xar prefers I suppose. I'd like in groups of five, but Five at a time might be easier to handle.
Avatar wrote:But then, the answers provided by your imagination are not only sometimes best, but have the added advantage of being unable to be wrong.
Dorian
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dorian »

Personally I wish to keep to keep it. I use it ALOT and yet as far as I can tell (and I could be wrong) I have always used it in a fitting manner and not tried to take advantage of it as Xar has alluded that some players have (But if I have,Xar please send me a PM explaining and Ill clean up my actions :) )

To lose it would effect my game play alot I feel, as I feel kinda odd spending DRP on mundane things that are being studied and created by my followers as opposed to me.
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

I voted no. I like the treasury, and don't believe I've been abusing it. It's useful for things that you want to help along, but don't want to use DRP for. Like transporting troops for example. It makes sense that your treasury is used to pay for things like that, rather than expending a drp on it.

Of course, not knowing what constitutes abuse makes it more difficult to decide, but on the whole I find it useful.

I wouldn't mind a cap on it, but I think the idea of having to use 5TP at a time sorta defeats the purpose...if my followers are holding games in my honour for example, I like to give them one TP worth of resources to do it with.

--A
stonemaybe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by stonemaybe »

I voted eliminate it - think of the time it would save Xar, and how much quicker results would appear!
Aglithophile and conniptionist and spectacular moonbow beholder 16Jul11

(:/>
Madadeva
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Madadeva »

Stonemaybe wrote:I voted eliminate it - think of the time it would save Xar, and how much quicker results would appear!
Dreamer!! :lol:
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Devaguhya wrote:
Stonemaybe wrote:I voted eliminate it - think of the time it would save Xar, and how much quicker results would appear!
Dreamer!! :lol:
*earworm!*

...praise the g-ds I like Supertramp...
Madadeva
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Madadeva »

Menolly wrote:

...praise the g-ds I like Supertramp...
www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1auRCameVY

:biggrin:
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Devaguhya wrote:
Menolly wrote: ...praise the g-ds I like Supertramp...
www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1auRCameVY

:biggrin:
:grinlove:

Thanks!
That's one of the best live videos I've ever seen, and I never realized a glass harp was used on that song...

...now back on topic...

Arcadia
Bloodguard

Post by Arcadia »

I think we can keep it but the choice is ultimately Xar's. I could understand if we had a god of wealth, it might make more sense. Heh, if my deity gets killed off, I would consider bringing Jove back.
Many waters cannot quench love, neither can floods drown it. There is no fear in love; for perfect love cast out fear.
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

balon! wrote:-Useable only with 5 at a time.
5 would really be an arbitrary figure. Xar may as well take everyone's treasury and divide it by 5 for their new figures, and that would produce the same result.

I'd like to keep it, though I think it should go simply because the GM isn't finding it practical.
"For the love of God, Montresor!"
"Yes," I said, "for the love of God!" - Edgar Allan Poe, The Cask of Amontillado.

Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Montresor wrote:I'd like to keep it, though I think it should go simply because the GM isn't finding it practical.
*nodding*

Best reason of all for getting rid of it...
...but here's hoping a solution can be found if possible.

Return to “Pantheon”