Vampire: The Requiem - The Council of the Primogen

Moderator: Goatkiller666

Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

I have to admit that I am becoming very keen to run the game. With every day I am thinking of new ideas, characters and stories. Hopefully, the game will be as entertaining for you all as it will be for me. I am just concerned that I will not make so linear so that I have to tell my story and make you see my characters or experience my city. At the risk of sounding obvious and pretentious, the game is all about your vampire characters - your running the stories, so my npcs are the support cast. My task is just to have a city which is the framework for the sorts of stories you want to explore. Your characters are the catalysts for the city's change.

I guess if you want an idea of where I am headed, think of the Gap. You characters are like Morn, Angus and Nick. You do things that effect the world, and how the npcs react - how the city and its cast adapt to you - may affect the story. But essentially your characters drive the story. I hope I do not lose sight of that essential element. Because right now I am on fire with this huge cast of kindred and other interest figures - supernatural or not - that want their stories told as well.

The city stirs . . .
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
caamora
The Purifier

Post by caamora »

I'm reading the character creation thread and I'm wondering if we have to roll dice or are you giving us a certain amount of points to spend?
The King has one more move.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Double posting in my own forum . . .

Someone just asked me if I am allowing characters to be in a prelude. For instance, to write up a story about how your character was sired, what the character's life was liked before the Embrace, Sire details, that sort of thing. I would love to read these sorts of stories, as they help flesh out character.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Dorian
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dorian »

Awesome, I did have the story already half written in my head and was hoping we could incorporate it :)
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

I was scanning through forsaken today, and started wishing this was a crossover...the new werewolves are much more flexible sociability-wise than the old.
What I'm really thinking about though: the awkward "meeting each other" phase...which often takes a lot of time, and maybe a lot more here if you have a lot of people involved (seems you do).
Might it make sense to have a sort of introductions thread, people post the public-knowledge aspects of their char (high status or otherwise obvious/notable/local people might post a lot of info, others less so). We could pm our "matches" so char's who'd likely have already met others have some familiarity/relationship with each other?
Lots of other's in that other-wise poorly written sentence...but other than that: they could figure how much they know about each other, maybe form alliances/enmities with pm's, and then just tell you so you don't have to introduce everyone to each other? [or so you could set up a sudden unexpected brawl when they all show up at the same party, or they were so busy flirting they never noticed one was Montegue, the other Capulet...]
Or am I making things more complicated not less?
(Never rp'd in a format like this before, have no idea what/how it works)
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Vraith wrote:I was scanning through forsaken today, and started wishing this was a crossover...the new werewolves are much more flexible sociability-wise than the old.
Actually, it is. It is my fault for not being clear enough, but I am planning an area where the Lupines will be. Now, the forsaken part will not happen anytime soon because I haven't even started reading the rulebook yet. But I do absolutely want to run it. I had a blast running Werewolf back in the 90s.
Vraith wrote:What I'm really thinking about though: the awkward "meeting each other" phase...which often takes a lot of time, and maybe a lot more here if you have a lot of people involved (seems you do).
Might it make sense to have a sort of introductions thread, people post the public-knowledge aspects of their char (high status or otherwise obvious/notable/local people might post a lot of info, others less so). We could pm our "matches" so char's who'd likely have already met others have some familiarity/relationship with each other?
Lots of other's in that other-wise poorly written sentence...but other than that: they could figure how much they know about each other, maybe form alliances/enmities with pm's, and then just tell you so you don't have to introduce everyone to each other? [or so you could set up a sudden unexpected brawl when they all show up at the same party, or they were so busy flirting they never noticed one was Montegue, the other Capulet...]
Or am I making things more complicated not less?
(Never rp'd in a format like this before, have no idea what/how it works)
Hmmm, I will think about all of this. Really great ideas, Vraith (as usual).
caamora
The Purifier

Post by caamora »

Can someone please answer my question above? :P :wink:
The King has one more move.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

caamora wrote:Can someone please answer my question above? :P :wink:
I am sorry. My fault for missing it. You only roll a die for determing how much vitae (blood) you start with; everything else is determined by assigning points.
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

Ok! I stole the Requiem book, and I just need to know how many of those Merit points you're giving us to spend [about 50 or 100 I hope, I'm a freakin wimp]. Get busy Loremaster! :-x
(Just my way of saying I hope this will be as much fun as it looks like it will) ;)
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Vraith wrote:Ok! I stole the Requiem book, and I just need to know how many of those Merit points you're giving us to spend [about 50 or 100 I hope, I'm a freakin wimp]. Get busy Loremaster! :-x
(Just my way of saying I hope this will be as much fun as it looks like it will) ;)
7 points for Merits, however I am allowing 2 more as long as you provide a detailed character background. It is also possible to earn experience points before the start of the game by dropping Humanity (maximum 2 points lost - 5 points gain for each lost point, so therefore a maximum 10 points xp). However, to buy Merit points costs 2 xp.
Seven Words
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seven Words »

Vraith wrote:Ok! I stole the Requiem book, and I just need to know how many of those Merit points you're giving us to spend [about 50 or 100 I hope, I'm a freakin wimp]. Get busy Loremaster! :-x
heh...I've been after the ST for any possible way I can weasel, beg, steal, coerce, bribe, ANYTHNG for some more points. I didn't really EXPECT to be allowed, but I had to make the attempt.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

The city is in the planning stage now, and I am starting the npcs. I will detail how the game will be played - it's been inspired by my zombie apocalypse system, but obviously much more complicated than that.

I will start character creation within a few days, and we can expect characters preludes to be run next week. The campaign will most likely start late next month. Sorry for the delay, but the city is going to take a while as there is a lot to do - not so much the mapping but the background, npcs, stories, etc.
variol son
The Gap Into Spam

Post by variol son »

Lore, how neo-natal will our characters be? Newly embraced, knowing nothing at all of Kindred society, or a little older, with some tuition from our sires under our belts?
You do not hear, and so you cannot be redeemed.

In the name of their ancient pride and humiliation, they had made commitments with no possible outcome except bereavement.

He knew only that they had never striven to reject the boundaries of themselves.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

I am allowing players to create Kindred that have been around for some time. However, no elders.

Further, due to the nature of the city, its politics and it's Prince, I'd prefer it the characters have not been there for longer than a few months.
Dorian
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dorian »

i like the idea of a new vamp thrown straight into it with little knowledge of it all. Id like to roleplay the discovery of ones powers etc personally
variol son
The Gap Into Spam

Post by variol son »

So long enough that we know the very basics, but that's it? Cool. :D

In the name of their ancient pride and humiliation, they had made commitments with no possible outcome except bereavement.

He knew only that they had never striven to reject the boundaries of themselves.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Go ahead, guys and gals.

Variol Son, did you receive the Kallisti email?
variol son
The Gap Into Spam

Post by variol son »

Yeah I did. :D Don't spoil it for everyone though. ;)
Last edited by variol son on Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dorian
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dorian »

wher edo we get the online character sheets from? the ones that we can edit on our pcs?
Dorian
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dorian »

Never mind Menolly sent me one. And I got my hands on Foxit pro, so its all G

Return to “Vampire: Requiem”