Rogue Trader - Registration and Discussion Thread

Moderator: Goatkiller666

Garrius Amphael
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Garrius Amphael »

My morale took a hit after I vom'd yesterday. Top shelf rum, Beer, Tequila and Cigars on empty stomach didnt agree with me.

Merry xmas you lot. Ill get a meeting thing set up soon in game. Once I feel like my head isnt full of cotton wool.
Stone Magnet
Giantfriend

Post by Stone Magnet »

Garrius Amphael wrote:My morale took a hit after I vom'd yesterday. Top shelf rum...
Rum is never good in my books, no matter how top shelf. Especially not when mixed with tequila and brews. But I suppose one must experiment. :lol:
Druids gather at the circle of stones,
To worship the ancient ones.

In the glow of a dying red sun,
Their rites of evil have only just begun...

Electric Wizard - Black Butterfly
Garrius Amphael
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Garrius Amphael »

I love rum. Its very much my drop, depending on the make. Anything by mount gay is where its at. Been drinking extra old religiously lately.
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Mmmmm. Booze.
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

Could all of those who have not voted please do so. Thus far, only the two players who entered the contest have voted.
"For the love of God, Montresor!"
"Yes," I said, "for the love of God!" - Edgar Allan Poe, The Cask of Amontillado.

Andrea Chan-Gauthier
Giantfriend

Post by Andrea Chan-Gauthier »

Neither here nor there, I was wandering around the Interwebs, when I stumbled across some comments about the original Greek word "Xenos". It seems that they used the word to mean "greek-speaking people from another polis". It also means "guest". But the implication is that a xenos was a step above "barbaros", who were "non-greek speaking people".

Yes, I happen to enjoy etymology, and watching the meaning of words change over time. Even in fictional time.
Revere the Emperor; Honour the name of Amphael, holders of the Sacred Warrant of Trade.

Blessed be the Imperium of Man; blessed be the Sacred Writ.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Just like to make a public apology that I have not been posting as much in my brother's game. No real excuse other than the long breaks between sessions have disrupted things for me; just been hard to get back into playing Praetus. I will post today.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

That would be great.

If you are finding it too difficult to get back into Praetus, you could always start a fresh PC.

Anyway, I have finally secured enough free time and I plan on major updates to the NPC list, as well as updates for Andrea and Salt. Hopefully, this will all be done by night-time.

Those who have not voted in the contest please do so. I will probably close it today.

On another note, I now have a copy of Deathwatch. There is a disturbing temptation for me to reconceptualise my campaign to bring Chaos Space Marines into it. But I will probably not surrender to that urge.
"Yes," I said, "for the love of God!" - Edgar Allan Poe, The Cask of Amontillado.

Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Montresor wrote:If you are finding it too difficult to get back into Praetus, you could always start a fresh PC.
I'm playing a Tau.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

Loremaster wrote:
Montresor wrote:If you are finding it too difficult to get back into Praetus, you could always start a fresh PC.
I'm playing a Tau.
Deju vu?

No Tau. There is no Greater Good in the Western Fringe.

Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Montresor wrote: Deju vu?

No Tau. There is no Greater Good in the Western Fringe.
Zone 15.

He has an Ork companion, Terry Incest.
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

That concept is too good to waste on my game...I suggest you stick with Praetus.

Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

Managed to make numerous updates to the NPC list. However, these updates were mostly rudimentary. When I can find more time I would like to reorganise the whole list and possibly add some more general crew details.

I'd very much appreciate a short write-up (no more than a hundred words) on the Darksiders clan from Salt. I'll give you some XP for doing so, but no rush.

Also, I made a minor edit to the first Prethian post:

'It is the 52nd day since Embarkation'.

Stone Magnet
Giantfriend

Post by Stone Magnet »

Good to see the Navigator once more amongst the living, so to speak. Welcome back.

Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

Just so everybody knows - Garrius has been unable to post lately, so I've held back from moving things along. I will tomorrow night sometime, though. I will set up a meeting called by the Alid-Yuril, at which all PCs and major NPCs will be present. People can still post regarding their earlier encounters, but they should move to wrapping those up as soon as possible.

After this meeting, we'll proceed with the campaign. I'll assume that, unless Garrius posts, he'll go for majority opinion (or Alid-Yuril opinion if there is no majority).

Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

On reflection, I think Andrea's Dynastic story would be best in the regular archives. Considering the material that Zarkov has been posting there, I feel it's appropriate. So, if you want to repost that tale there that would be good.

Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

So, given that Lore is underwater, and I'm going to assume that Dorian is off partying... er... working a gig... I'm a little leary of having Andrea continue to take point in talking to Menz. But with the "awkward pause" we just had, I don't want to cause an IC problem by leaving him unanswered. Suggestions?
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

Leave it for 2-3 days. I won't post anymore unless noone does for more than 3 days. At this point Zarkov or Garrius should probably say something. Of course, Praetus is in serious need of saying something or at least reacting to the serious allegations implicating him (though he wasn't named), but Lore has much more important RL stuff going on right now. Drak-Kung might say something about the dead navigator, but it's not OOC for him to remain quiet.

Stone Magnet
Giantfriend

Post by Stone Magnet »

I have something ready for Zarkov I can post tonight (6 hours or so away) but feel free to continue talking to the Proctor. Mine doesn't necessarily follow from Andrea's either...just when Zarkov feels it his his turn to address Menz. On the by and by, I ran into Dorian the other night and he said he was keen to get back into this ASAP.

Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Drak-Kung also has some RL stuff going on, though not as serious as Lore's. Tomorrow is a lame-ass bank holiday here in the States, so he'll be doing family stuff. He expects to be online again on Tuesday, perhaps late in the day.

Stone, did Dorian happen to mention that he was also keen to get back into VoB? Not to seem like a nagging bitch, but... you know... it was a good story, and I'm keen to continue with it, is all.

Return to “Rogue Trader”