Any one got a vision for the first galnce of Revelstone?

A place to discuss the books in the FC and SC. *Please Note* No LC spoilers allowed in this forum. Do so in the forum below.

Moderators: kevinswatch, Orlion

Thorhammerhand
<i>Elohim</i>

Any one got a vision for the first galnce of Revelstone?

Post by Thorhammerhand »

I love the detail that SRD puts into making TC's first glance of Revelstone and striking the giants dumb at the wonder of thier first glance. but does anyone have any idea where i can find an actual picture or have one or more of thier own they wouldn't mind sharing.
If we all follow Berek's code of warriors then the world would be full of the worst warriors imaginable.
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Supposedly there's an incredible picture of Revelstone around that was done as concept art for the movie project. I don't think anyone will ever see it.

Otherwise, there's not much. Check Album > Laborium, "the largest collection of art inspired by the works of Stephen R Donaldson in the world". There might be something there. Also check out theland.antgear.com/artwork.html - there is one pic "Mission from Revelstone".
peter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by peter »

There is only one man for that job Thor, and I believe he has the project in hand already - I refer of course to Blackhawk (If you haven't seen his version of Kevins Watch and the Mithil Valley check it out - it is AWESOME in the real sense of the word!)
The truth is a Lion and does not need protection. Once free it will look after itself.

....and the glory of the world becomes less than it was....
'Have we not served you well'
'Of course - you know you have.'
'Then let it end.'

We are the Bloodguard
Warmark
Lord

Post by Warmark »

The best images are the one's in the Atlas of the Land IMO.

(kevinswatch.ihugny.com/phpBB2/viewtopic ... nd&start=0)

Theres also an image kicking about that isnt in that thread which i really like, i'll see if i can dig it up.
But if you're all about the destination, then take a fucking flight.
We're going nowhere slowly, but we're seeing all the sights.
And we're definitely going to hell, but we'll have all the best stories to tell.

Full of the heavens and time.
peter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by peter »

Just been and checked out Warmark's link above and while it's definitely good it's very fiddley detail. What we are after here is grand sweeping gesture that will take our breath away (as it did to inhabitants of the Land), not watchmakers drawings. C'mon Blackhawk - do your stuff! :D
The truth is a Lion and does not need protection. Once free it will look after itself.

....and the glory of the world becomes less than it was....
'Have we not served you well'
'Of course - you know you have.'
'Then let it end.'

We are the Bloodguard
Blackhawk
Bloodguard

Post by Blackhawk »

Thanks Peter :D

I believe this will require nothing less than a vision quest. Ill go into my hut ...toss some green wood on the fire and not come out until i

A. Die
or
B. have a vision of Revelstone.

as soon as i get my intuos 4 tablet I will be on my way.

:D
Relayer
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Relayer »

Blackhawk, I wouldn't want you to sacrifice your mortal coil just yet...
This is how I picture Revelstone, except of course it's carved and has a watchtower:

Revelstone
"History is a myth men have agreed upon." - Napoleon

Thorhammerhand
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Thorhammerhand »

Relayer, I agree on this back drop, lets find someone to carve a city out of this iconic landmark and have a ready built set for when they make the movies
If we all follow Berek's code of warriors then the world would be full of the worst warriors imaginable.

Return to “The First and Second Chronicles of Thomas Covenant”