Insomnia

The Dark Tower and other works of Stephen King.

Moderator: lucimay

Zarathustra
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zarathustra »

As I expected, it's getting better. The scene with Lois and Ralph on the bench where she tells him she's seeing auras, too, was pretty cool. Even touching.
Joe Biden … putting the Dem in dementia since (at least) 2020.
Zarathustra
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zarathustra »

8O

Holy shit.
Zarathustra
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zarathustra »

I finished this one last week. It was amazing. Probably the best King novel I've read so far (out of 7). The slow portion in the first act actually makes the rest of it better, now that I'm done with it. It feels like the really trippy/supernatural stuff later on was earned by the slow build-up. The ending was incredible. Very touching. I also enjoyed the brief Dark Tower connection, and can't wait until I'm done reading all the connecting books to start on that. The cosmos that King is building seems huge.
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

Told you.

This book gets a lot of hate, and I don't get it. It's honestly one of my favorites of King's.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Yeah, I like it a lot too.

--A

Return to “Stephen King Forum”