B.B.C.B. 2010

Baseball, Basketball, Footbal, Soccer, Curling, Poker, ect...

Moderators: Lord Mhoram, StevieG, hierachy

Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

B.B.C.B. 2010

Post by Mr. Broken »

Well as predicted elsewhere the Cleveland Browns have released wide receiver Donte Stallworth as of monday, and he is said to be working out for an undisclosed team at some point this week. This was no big surprise in Cleveland, it was the popular assumption. Mainly for 2 reasons, one being strict behavioral standards set in place by coach Mangini since he took the job, and two he wasnt worth a damn as a receiver. Perhaps he will find success, and redemption ( he did take a life after all ), but it will not be with the Browns.
The new look Browns seem to be taking care of buisness under Mike Holmgren. Nearly the entire front office has been restaffed, this time with a credible, and capable team of executives. Their combined experience coupled with the upcoming draft (in which we have 11 picks ), and the Saints proving that the SuperBowl can be won by a historically bad team, makes this a very exciting time to be a fan. Go Browns.[/b]
Wide Eyed Stupid
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

Any chance of Kosar coming out of retirement?

That could help.... :lol:
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

He's lurking in the back ground, team owner Randy Lerner hired him as a special consultant to the team earlier in the season. Rumor has it he had his eye on one of the front office positions, but it is unlikely Holmgren will give him a seat at the table.
Wide Eyed Stupid
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

It's a shame.

As an outsider (who really loved the Browns of the '80s), it sucks seeing a once-proud franchise lose everything that made them so cool back in the day. I think I've mentioned this, but the two AFC Championship games against the Broncos (especially the '86 game) were simply some of the best football I've ever seen played.

Then again, I'm an O's fan, so I understand loving a team that sucks.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

Damn that John Elway.
Wide Eyed Stupid
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

Damn that Ernest Byner (though that was '87).
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

Him too!
Wide Eyed Stupid
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

Well once again the rumors, and trade winds are swirling in Cleveland. Word has it that the newly hired GM ( Heckert formerly of the Eagles ) is desperate to land Philadelphia's back up QB Kevin Kolb ( whom Heckert drafted ) in some kind of trade deal. Speculation to this point has had the Browns giving up draft picks for him, but recent insider talk has the Browns possibly trading even up NT Shaun Rogers for Kolb. Heckert having recently vacated his post in Philly believes the Eagles are looking to make a defensive move to strengthen the pass rush, and Rogers would fit that bill, and the Eagle defense. You might ask why the Browns would consider moving yet another member of their meager talent pool in the offseason? The answer is simple, we need a QB, but if you need more than that to persuade you, how about this? The Browns defense, and pass rush in particular played even better last season after Rogers ankle injury that sidelined him for half of the season. Replacement NT Ahtya Rubin surpassed Rogers performance at the position, making the former Detroit Lion expendable, or spendable depending on how you look at it. I say if you can, do it, do it all night long.
Wide Eyed Stupid
Dromond
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dromond »

Kolb is ready for a shot at the starting spot. didn't see much of him but played well when Mcnabb was hurt, if memory serves me well. Classic drop back passer, right?
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

If the Eagles are even willing to deal Kolb. Donovan isnt getting any younger so the Eagles may want to keep him. This all worries me though, Rogers is not really what could be considered a level headed person. If he finds out that the team has talked about him in a trade it could be a disaster.
Wide Eyed Stupid
Cybrweez
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cybrweez »

Please keep Kolb, time for McNabb to move on.
--Andy

"Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur."
Whatever is said in Latin sounds profound.

I believe in the One who says there is life after this.
Now tell me how much more open can my mind be?
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

I would rather get Kolb myself but would take either over any QB on our roster.
Wide Eyed Stupid
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

Today the Browns released RB jamal Lewis, and no one noticed.
Wide Eyed Stupid
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

Team president Mike Holmgren acknowledged that its a longshot ( highly unlikely ) that both QB Brady Quinn, and QB Derek Anderson will remain on the roster for 2010. As far as Anderson is concerned it seems there may be some interest in his skills out in Arizona. The Cards now left with Matt Leinart as starter will be looking for a decent back up. Im not sure they are looking in the right place.
Wide Eyed Stupid
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

Well its official the Cleveland Browns have "Paid the Man!" Josh Cribbs has been given his new contract. 3 years with a max potential of 20 million (7.5 million guaranteed ). Clearly Holmgren is sending a message to the team that good performance will be rewarded. Cribbs has just become potentially the highest paid Special Teams player ever. Worth every penny. Way to go Josh, and as always go Browns.
Wide Eyed Stupid
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

The Browns meet today with LB Scott Fujita free agent from the Super Bowl Champion Saints. Im not sure how I feel about this situation, the Browns have converted to a 3-4, and I believe Fujita comes from a 4-3. This in itself isnt a problem, but 2 years ago the Browns made a trade to the Packers for LB Corey Williams (also from a 4-3) , and it was a huge mistake. Williams was traded to the Lions 2 days ago, and now he can piss off all their fans by talking about hating Detroit the way he hated Cleveland. All that said Fujita has always struck me as a class individual, and I dont forsee any problems of that nature arising from him.
Wide Eyed Stupid
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

The Cleveland Browns have just signed 2 free agents, and one of them is a Super Bowl Champion. OLB Scott Fujita formerly of the Saints, and RT Tony Pashos from the 49ers. Go Browns.
Wide Eyed Stupid
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

The Cleveland Browns have just aquired Seneca Wallace QB from the Seahawks via trade, terms undisclosed. This is the first of Holmgrens offseason moves that I really question. Seneca Wallace was the best you could do Mike?
Wide Eyed Stupid
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

The Cleveland Browns cut QB Derek Anderson today less than 24 hours after aquiring Qb Seneca Wallace from the Seahawks. It is now Brady Quinns future that is very much in question in Cleveland, I expect him to be traded on draft day.
Wide Eyed Stupid
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

Today the Cleveland Browns aquired , and signed free agent TE Ben Watson from the Patriots. Good signing. Go Browns.
Wide Eyed Stupid

Return to “Sports”