I'm pretty new around here...

Forum-based role-playing games

Moderators: Xar, Goatkiller666

Drokken
Servant of the Land

I'm pretty new around here...

Post by Drokken »

I'm very much into Roleplay.

I've done a lot of WoD stuff, and a load of other stuff.

I found this forum because I was looking into doing a Gap based Roleplay, but couldn't find anything on one anywhere. That lead me to looking for a Donaldson fan site, and I couldn't have been more pleased when I got onto here.

So my question is, why no Gap Roleplays? For me it seems a perfect base to run one off of.

Also, if any of you play WoD or do anything GW related, please talk away :D
Dorian
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dorian »

Welcome to Kevinswatch mate

If you take a quick look through this Gravin Threndor forum, I think its safe to say a fair few of us do WoD and GW related stuff :P
Drokken
Servant of the Land

Post by Drokken »

Yeah I noticed that...

:lol:

I didn't just want to jump strait in blah, blah, blahing like I knew everything.

I would absolutely love to get involved with you guys and your games.
Dorian
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dorian »

Im sure you would be more than welcome too :)

If interested in Valley Of Blood, just give me a yell and we can begin work on your player concept. For Vampire, Requiem contact loremaster, for Vampire dark ages, Goatkiller. Montresor runs Rogue Trader but I think thats full with no free spaces. Xar runs pantheon. I dont play the other games so wouldnt be in the know there.
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

wow....
a Gap setting for Alternity perhaps?
what a good idea.
Avatar wrote:But then, the answers provided by your imagination are not only sometimes best, but have the added advantage of being unable to be wrong.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Ah, there you are.
Welcome again, Drokken.

I know Syl would love another player for Acropolis, whether as a deity or hero. I'm pretty sure both Pantheon and Aesir are full at the moment. Lore has ended Requiem. I'll miss following that one. :( But yeah, Dark Ages is just getting started; we're all in prelude right now still, with two PCs yet to make an appearance. Goatkiller may be open to a third new player; no harm in sending him a private message and asking.

If you are in to good old D and D, Seven Words seems to always accept new players, from what I've seen.

Make yourself at home.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Long before Pantheon I was going to run a Gap game. I still have the rules, but I am too busy to run anything.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

I'm really surprised that there hasn't been at least one Donaldson-inspired game at GT.

On an semi-related note, in a couple of months or so, I may open up Rogue Trader to one or two more players, should people want to join. A significant weight has been taken from my shoulders this week, so my pace is somewhat more relaxed. Somewhat.
"For the love of God, Montresor!"
"Yes," I said, "for the love of God!" - Edgar Allan Poe, The Cask of Amontillado.

Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Menolly wrote:Lore has ended Requiem.
Can I archive it?

--A
Montresor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Montresor »

Menolly wrote:Lore has ended Requiem.
Can I archive it?

--A
Lore left a note asking for you to wait until he has a record of all the writing from the site.
"For the love of God, Montresor!"
"Yes," I said, "for the love of God!" - Edgar Allan Poe, The Cask of Amontillado.

Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Ok, thanks. But archiving doesn't remove the posts. They'll still be available in the Gravin Threndor forum, along with all the other archived games.

I'll wait a while though. (If he wants to edit the thread titles to include the game title though, that'd be good... :D )

--A
Drokken
Servant of the Land

Post by Drokken »

balon! wrote:wow....
what a good idea.
Please explain; what is Alternity?
Loremaster wrote:Long before Pantheon I was going to run a Gap game. I still have the rules, but I am too busy to run anything.
Now this I'm very interested in...

What system have you got it bassed on?

And when would you have it set?
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Drokken wrote:
Loremaster wrote:Long before Pantheon I was going to run a Gap game. I still have the rules, but I am too busy to run anything.
Now this I'm very interested in...

What system have you got it bassed on?

And when would you have it set?
I have not read the Gap cycle, so have not frequented that forum here at the Watch. But a quick perusal just now found this thread started by Lore back in 2005:

Gap Game.

It does sound as if it would have been interesting, Lore. :)
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

Drokken wrote:
balon! wrote:wow....
what a good idea.
Please explain; what is Alternity?
It's a sci-fi roleplaying game...psionics, mutants, cyber-stuff.
Basically uses the d20 system with some minor tweaks. I think the last books were published @2000-01, so somesuch. If I recall correctly, 10-sided die are never used.
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

Menolly wrote:
Gap Game.
It sounds almost like the precursor to Empires
Avatar wrote:But then, the answers provided by your imagination are not only sometimes best, but have the added advantage of being unable to be wrong.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Vraith wrote:It's a sci-fi roleplaying game...psionics, mutants, cyber-stuff.
Basically uses the d20 system with some minor tweaks. I think the last books were published @2000-01, so somesuch. If I recall correctly, 10-sided die are never used.
Best system ever invented.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Dorian
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dorian »

Lies

Runequest for the win
Calvin
Stonedownor

Post by Calvin »

Calvinball! - :calvin: :hobbes:

(Now with improved Calvin & Hobbes emoticons!)
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

I have to admit....Calvinball is my absolute favorite, but I could never get anyone to play it with me more than once [not my fault that I can run, jump, and improvise compound/complex rule sentences at the same time].

However, White Wolf's system of d10's is the best for efficiency, unless everyone in the group can do fast addition/subtraction in their heads...then my [I don't really think it's mine, someone must have done it before...a game called BattleLords has a more complicated version] percentile for all checks system is the best. Same die for everything, one roll for every action.
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
Dorian
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Dorian »

Im still standing behind the Runequest system. Which is very similar to the call of cthulhu system

Return to “Gravin Threndor”