Too much special effects?

Talk about both the movies and the books.

Moderator: aTOMiC

Revan
Drool Rockworm's Servant

Too much special effects?

Post by Revan »

Who think that there are too much special effects in the lastest films? Because I do, I think that the first films were made greatly without that many special effect. Therefore why is Lucas so intent on creating so much computerised special effects?
hierachy
Lord

Post by hierachy »

I think special effects are great, but still only an extra, you can make a good film without them...

I don't think there were too many, unless they are taking anything out of the other parts of production
aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

Too much special effects? How is that possible? :-)
"If you can't tell the difference, what difference does it make?"

"There is tic and toc in atomic" - Neil Peart
Ylva Kresh
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Ylva Kresh »

I agree with Darth Revan, I think the old versions were better... Too much special effects leaves little for the imagination. And I dont like when I all the time think of the special effects as "oh - there is an other special effect!" Are they not supposed to be invisible... Or prehaps it is only the fact that 300 000 droids doing the exactly the same movments do look a bit unnatural...
SLATFATF...
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

Post by duchess of malfi »

I don't know that it is too much special effects as much as it is lack of story, compelling characters, good acting/directing...if the viewer were drawn into the story I don't know that the special effects would seem to be so overpowering. I know I liked the characters in the first trilogy much more and cared about what happened to them...in the latter movies, not really... :(
Love as thou wilt.

Ryzel
Bloodguard

Post by Ryzel »

The problem is not too much special effects. The problem is too little story.
"Und wenn sie mich suchen, ich halte mich in der Nähe des Wahnsinns auf." Bernd das Brot

Return to “Star Wars and Star Trek Forum”