Something's about to happen: something wonderful...

Forum-based role-playing games

Moderators: Xar, Goatkiller666

Seska Karantanija
Giantfriend

Post by Seska Karantanija »

Yay! Way to go, GK!
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Yes, as everybody has noticed, GoatKiller is a new co-mod for GT. So now everybody can pester him, and if he deems it worthy of my attention, he'll enter a plea on your behalf.

He's also around to make sure people name their game threads correctly, and all the other boring stuff.

Thanks for taking the job GK. Have fun.

--A
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Whaoh... Avatar changed his Avatar.

That's so meta...
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

I'm going to protest the 'naming things correctly' bit. For archival purposes it makes some sense (for the few people that actually care about archived stuff), but in active forums it seems redundant and interferes with the aesthetic of the game. As I told Goat, I don't even like the way it looks separating Acropolis from Alcazar or Aesir from Vanir. If I could label the old threads and have them archived while keeping the names in the current threads how I want them, I could support it.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

So, at the risk of knocking my bosses, now that I've become an agent of "The Man", it's your game. Label them how you want to. At some point, the game will end, and when it gets archived out of the sub-forum... there will be some value to having the game's name in the threads. Until then, it's all you.

(Please don't hurt Nyx.)

Post by Avatar »

That's fine. I could care less. :lol: I was just sick of having to rename 20 or 30 or 40 threads every time a game ended. Now that it'll be your job, you do it the way you like. :lol:

--A
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Ah, that makes sense. Of course, me being the lazy bastard that I am, I would just merge all the threads into one big thread with the game's name. The equivalent of stuffing it all into a single box, slapping a label on it, and then hauling it to the attic/basement.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

My OCD, by the way, would have no problem causing me to go through and rename all of your threads, when you no longer feel like running the game.
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

So, in honor of April Fool's Day, and now that I have complete authority to make changes and deletions to any and all threads or posts in Gravin Threndor, I'd just like to just say that I have not deleted anything important.

I hope.

I wanted to use my powers only for good, but... it went to my head. And I might have been drinking a little. So I'm not sure what all I changed. But let me know, and I'll try to put it back or something.

Post by Avatar »

Syl wrote:Ah, that makes sense. Of course, me being the lazy bastard that I am, I would just merge all the threads into one big thread with the game's name. The equivalent of stuffing it all into a single box, slapping a label on it, and then hauling it to the attic/basement.
Nah, then games couldn't be resurrected if necessary. And it wouldn't make sense to anybody trying to read them.

(Not that any game has been resurrected ever, but that is not the point...any GM can continue his game at any time, if they ever want to.) (And I don't like throwing things away... ;) )

--A
Seska Karantanija
Giantfriend

Goatkiller666 wrote:I wanted to use my powers only for good, but... it went to my head. And I might have been drinking a little. So I'm not sure what all I changed. But let me know, and I'll try to put it back or something.
You deleted the post which gave me several gens and a ton of freebie points. Please restore or reimburse ASAP.
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

I did delete that one. But that wasn't part of my April Fools joke. It was covering up for how embarassingly high I was that night. We will never speak of it again.
Seska Karantanija
Giantfriend

My silence shall be bought with a gen and fifty freebies. :biggrin:
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

So, what you're saying is that you'll be silent on the matter, and in exchange I won't take away a gen and 50 freebies?

I think that's fair.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Alina wishes her sheet still showed her at 5th generation...
*pout*
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

i know it's late - but congrats to goat killer. i am hoping someday to join a game. :)
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...

Return to “Gravin Threndor”