Hello, Newbs!

Hey Newbies, over here first ;) Come on in and tell us more about yourself. IMPORTANT: For new members, please read "New Members Only" BEFORE registering.

Moderators: Savor Dam, Menolly

Worm of Despite
Lord

Post by Worm of Despite »

And remember, don't get mad.

Linna Heartbooger
Are you not a sine qua non for a redemption?

Post by Linna Heartbooger »

Hey, Foul! People were talking about how ppl should start new threads, and then you show up... :lol:

How're you doing? Whatcha up to? And I can't remember, are you done with school and working now, or still school?
"People without hope not only don't write novels, but what is more to the point, they don't read them.
They don't take long looks at anything, because they lack the courage.
The way to despair is to refuse to have any kind of experience, and the novel, of course, is a way to have experience."
-Flannery O'Connor

"In spite of much that militates against quietness there are people who still read books. They are the people who keep me going."
-Elisabeth Elliot, Preface, "A Chance to Die: The Life and Legacy of Amy Carmichael"
Worm of Despite
Lord

Post by Worm of Despite »

Linna Heartlistener wrote:Hey, Foul! People were talking about how ppl should start new threads, and then you show up... :lol:

How're you doing? Whatcha up to? And I can't remember, are you done with school and working now, or still school?
I was working for about 9 months in a factory, but decided to make a move and see what else I could do. I left on good terms, gave them 2 weeks notice. That was March 16, so yeah I'm a bit bored.

Otherwise I'm fine, very active in church and hopefully will begin that Master's to become a librarian this fall. Either way I don't feel a whit bad about exiting the factory. There's just so much more I know I can do with this Bachelor's I spent 4 years slaving over.
Linna Heartbooger

Lord Foul wrote:Otherwise I'm fine, very active in church and hopefully will begin that Master's to become a librarian this fall.
Awesome news, very glad to hear it!

Leaving the factory on good terms sounds good. Hope you find some productive things to do with your time. ...library-related community-service for the resume since summer's coming? :lol:
(arrgh, I think I sound slightly like I'm trying to be a mom! "you know, you can use the spare time on stuff that will be good on your resume, Foul - and don't forget to brush your teeth and clean your nose before you leave the house!")

But I'm biased- I've come to the conclusion that I love libraries... my husband describes them as his "natural habitat," and I have to say, that kind of makes sense to me too.

But I do identify with finishing your degree, and then ending up working somewhere random that doesn't really "use the degree."
My first job after college was at a call center ("call centre," actually since it was in Canada) verifying phone service orders- customer service!
"People without hope not only don't write novels, but what is more to the point, they don't read them.
They don't take long looks at anything, because they lack the courage.
The way to despair is to refuse to have any kind of experience, and the novel, of course, is a way to have experience."
-Flannery O'Connor

"In spite of much that militates against quietness there are people who still read books. They are the people who keep me going."
-Elisabeth Elliot, Preface, "A Chance to Die: The Life and Legacy of Amy Carmichael"
Cozarkian
Ramen

Post by Cozarkian »

Thanks for the welcome, Worm of Despite. Now where is my mysterious beggar to impart wisdom before my journey? I'll never forgive him for not warning me.
ussusimiel
The Gap Into Spam
Location: Waterford (milking cows), and sometimes still Dublin, Ireland

Post by ussusimiel »

Cozarkian wrote:Thanks for the welcome, Worm of Despite. Now where is my mysterious beggar to impart wisdom before my journey? I'll never forgive him for not warning me.
Welcome to the Watch Cozarkian!

The mysterious Juan Valdez has recently returned to the Watch, so you may get some of the wisdom you desire (very artfully expressed :lol: ).

Worm of Despite (the former Lord Foul) has departed the Watch, but the new Lord Foul (are you keeping up :lol: ) will welcome you here if you wish that sort of attention 8O

u.

P.S. You could also head over to this thread to get a more official and regular welcome.
Tho' all the maps of blood and flesh
Are posted on the door,
There's no one who has told us yet
What Boogie Street is for.
Lord Foul
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Lord Foul »

Greetings, Cozarkian
Cozarkian wrote:Now where is my mysterious beggar to impart wisdom before my journey? I'll never forgive him for not warning me.
Now this sounds promising... the Dark Side has cookies

(not like you can eat them off a website, but those are details)
I have many names... and may play many roles

So that it's clear: I'm not the Lord Foul who was on the Watch before, from 26.10.2002 to 16.06.2012
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

just checking in...
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Deus Extremus
Servant of the Land

Post by Deus Extremus »

l0ngt1me lurk3r, n3w p0st3r

:wave:
sup
ya11
I see the world through bloodshot eyes, streets filled with blood from distant lies
We are bleeding sins, and our sins are always fading, the dogs of war never compromise
Help me Jesus,help me clean my wounds, He said he cannot heal that kind
A bleeding soul becomes a bitter mind, He said it happens every time
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Be Welcome to the Watch, DE.
Be Well Come and True.
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Indeed 😉 be well come and true

So on the true part are you a member here by any other name? This curious mind, is curious 🤔
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Linna Heartbooger

Deus Extremus wrote:l0ngt1me lurk3r, n3w p0st3r

:wave:
sup
ya11
As my kids and I say, "Wecome, belcome!"

(not very Land-ish! So append on to that what Menolly said!)

Return to “The Summonsing”