Hello, Newbs!

Hey Newbies, over here first ;) Come on in and tell us more about yourself. IMPORTANT: For new members, please read "New Members Only" BEFORE registering.

Moderators: Savor Dam, Menolly

Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

...and that makes me feel better about being outed?

Yes, I suppose it does. Thank you for the kind words.

Not thrilled that it happened, but what choice do I have but to accept it? Outing ____ for any alts he may have or any former identities would not restore DPJ's anonymity.
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

...tap...Tap...TAP...

Enough, gentlemen. Please.
It is done.
This thread is not the place to air grievances.

Maybe take it to How do you feel or some such.
Worm of Despite
Lord

Post by Worm of Despite »

Menolly wrote:...tap...Tap...TAP...

Enough, gentlemen. Please.
It is done.
This thread is not the place to air grievances.

Maybe take it to How do you feel or some such.
Yeah. I was kind of in disbelief. As I said, newbs.

Really though guys--take this kind of stuff to private messages--or mallory's. It had about as much substance as word games!

Zing.
dANdeLION
Lord

Post by dANdeLION »

Savor Dam wrote:...and that makes me feel better about being outed?

Yes, I suppose it does. Thank you for the kind words.

Not thrilled that it happened, but what choice do I have but to accept it? Outing ____ for any alts he may have or any former identities would not restore DPJ's anonymity.
Sorry about that. I figured you were trying to get me to guess it by using the 'curmudgeon' word. I should have just guessed in a PM. You're a good guy (tho I'm still not sure about DPJ), and I get carried away sometimes. Anyway, I can't undo what's been done, but I'll try very, very hard not to out any of your four other aliases. Also, I'd like to apologize to Menolly if my ribbing hurt your feelings. And to all the newbies who haven't been able to post here due to Foul making you grovel, well, stay cool, and smoke 'em if you've got 'em! (TM, Pat. Pending, All rights reserved)
Dandelion don't tell no lies
Dandelion will make you wise
Tell me if she laughs or cries
Blow away dandelion

I'm afraid there's no denying
I'm just a dandelion
a fate I don't deserve.

High priest of THOOOTP

:hobbes: *

* This post carries Jay's seal of approval
Starfire 152
Servant of the Land

Post by Starfire 152 »

Newbs do not take or eschew action at your bidding.
Impediment
Fop
Acolyte of the Madoubt
Worm of Despite
Lord

Post by Worm of Despite »

Starfire 152 wrote:Newbs do not take or eschew action at your bidding.
Ah, a real newb! Stay still... Don't run. I just need to put this little tag on your ear, then you can go back and frolic in the woods.

But yes. You're very vocal! KW needs more of that. Stand for your rights, good Starfire! But a bit of tribute to Foul goes a long way, is the latest rumor. :shifty:
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

Starfire 152 wrote:Newbs do not take or eschew action at your bidding.
a plant? a spy in the house of love?
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Thanks for jumping in, Starfire. :)
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

so is starfire another nom de plume?
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
dANdeLION
Lord

Post by dANdeLION »

His remark to Foul is more cheeky than I'd expect from a newbie. But, even if I knew, I've already promised not to out anyone anymore.
Dandelion don't tell no lies
Dandelion will make you wise
Tell me if she laughs or cries
Blow away dandelion

I'm afraid there's no denying
I'm just a dandelion
a fate I don't deserve.

High priest of THOOOTP

:hobbes: *

* This post carries Jay's seal of approval
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

and you know i will never figure it out.

i am not even sure who NowGirl is. :)
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
lurch
The Gap Into Spam

Post by lurch »

..I'm quizzical to know , what is the upside, the positive,,the purpose of ,,having more than one nome de plume at a website chat room? Sure, at other sites I have had more than one. One gets banned for a short time so invent another. Sooner or later a poster can have numerous , but that also means sooner or later,,an IP Ban is forthcoming. a.nd some where along that path,, the idea that oneself is being perceived as a troll ought to dawn on the poster. I mean..why keep posting, hanging out, where one isn't appreciated,, or one is disliked.?

So, it really comes down to..how is it we don't use our actual names or a variant of it as our sign on names? How strange it seems to me ,,to find a discussion on outing posters using multiple sign ons..at a website that honors , respects, and discusses an author whose initial success is based on his main character .." being true".
If she withdrew from exaltation, she would be forced to think- And every thought led to fear and contradictions; to dilemmas for which she was unprepared.
pg4 TLD
sindatur
The Gap Into Spam

Post by sindatur »

lurch wrote:..I'm quizzical to know , what is the upside, the positive,,the purpose of ,,having more than one nome de plume at a website chat room? Sure, at other sites I have had more than one. One gets banned for a short time so invent another. Sooner or later a poster can have numerous , but that also means sooner or later,,an IP Ban is forthcoming. a.nd some where along that path,, the idea that oneself is being perceived as a troll ought to dawn on the poster. I mean..why keep posting, hanging out, where one isn't appreciated,, or one is disliked.?

So, it really comes down to..how is it we don't use our actual names or a variant of it as our sign on names? How strange it seems to me ,,to find a discussion on outing posters using multiple sign ons..at a website that honors , respects, and discusses an author whose initial success is based on his main character .." being true".
Part of it is alternate names to use for the Game Playing Forum.
I Never Fail To Be Astounded By The Things We Do For Promises - Ronnie James Dio (All The Fools Sailed Away)

Remember, everytime you drag someone through the mud, you're down in the mud with them

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain

Where are we going...and... WHY are we in a handbasket?

lurch
The Gap Into Spam

Post by lurch »

.[/quote] Part of it is alternate names to use for the Game Playing Forum.[/quote]

Thanks Sind for that info. Am I to understand then, that this whole site is considered to be the "Game Board" for those in on the play? Perhaps it would be " good" to know by the way of an identifier, say a number or asterik or etc,,that a poster, as being identified by its nom de plume, is involved in a " game" being played thru-out the site..therefore I can ignore or what ever. Might be something a " newb" would appreciate to know as well.
If she withdrew from exaltation, she would be forced to think- And every thought led to fear and contradictions; to dilemmas for which she was unprepared.
pg4 TLD
sindatur
The Gap Into Spam

Post by sindatur »

lurch wrote:
Thanks Sind for that info. Am I to understand then, that this whole site is considered to be the "Game Board" for those in on the play? Perhaps it would be " good" to know by the way of an identifier, say a number or asterik or etc,,that a poster, as being identified by its nom de plume, is involved in a " game" being played thru-out the site..therefore I can ignore or what ever. Might be something a " newb" would appreciate to know as well.
Well, I don't know that much about it to know the whole board is considered part of the game, but, I believe the Game Players want anonymity while playing. plus, if money is involved, that might be why the alts post outside of the game (or maybe to save time logging out and logging back in as their primary nick?
I Never Fail To Be Astounded By The Things We Do For Promises - Ronnie James Dio (All The Fools Sailed Away)

Remember, everytime you drag someone through the mud, you're down in the mud with them

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain

Where are we going...and... WHY are we in a handbasket?

Dread Poet Jethro
My quill pen is mightier Than the sword you drop

Post by Dread Poet Jethro »

Speaking for myself
Since I’m the Alt in question
Reason is simple

You may have noticed
DPJ has a unique
Style to all his posts

Like it or hate it
That quirk of posting format
Is why he’s an Alt

An experiment
That turned into more of a
Perseveration

As for Alt ethics
Recall that SRD is
Also Reed Stephens
lurch
The Gap Into Spam

Post by lurch »

I do not imply a morals/ethical discussion here. There is nothing I can do about the use of multiple sigs. Alls I suggest is a way of letting all others kno .
pg4 TLD
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

there was some smattering sthat you - lurch - were an experiment. :)

and some said i was the fish that swims at the bottom of the sea. though i have never taken a name here not as the singular.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
lurch
The Gap Into Spam

Post by lurch »

sgt..and that is one of unfortunate many outcomes when games are afoot ..and those involved do not even know it. Geezus..am I going to have a ball dissecting AATE. ...Yes,,there is ALOT of KW that I do not read.
pg4 TLD
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

All I have to say about alt sigs is this:
If Z and Rus were the same person, it would crack my ass up, and earn my vote for best actor on earth.
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.

Return to “The Summonsing”