Deathly Hallows - Part II

And the Harry Potter series.

Moderator: Menolly

Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Deathly Hallows - Part II

Post by Menolly »

I have friends telling me they have already pre-bought their tickets for Friday week. I believe it is already playing in Europe. Does anyone here have their tickets yet?
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

oddly enough julie has asked to all the previous harry potter movies. after having never shown interest in any of them. so i have to choose between netflix and blockbuster tomorrow.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

Pacific Science Center in Seattle will have this on their IMAX screen in the Boeing Theatre. Members (and I am not the only Watcher who is a member) can get deeply discounted tickets.

Queue up!
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

I've been trying to pre-order on Fandango without success.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

I'm thinking I'll try at the box office window instead of online. But, I don't care for opening weekend showings, so there's no rush for us.

sarge, has mrsnull read the books? IMO some of the movies can be confusing without the information from the books. But, I always read the books before seeing any of the movies, so I may be biased.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Oh, I have heard that select AMC Theaters will be showing all eight movies over four days in a Harry Potter marathon event. I personally feel these movies are best seen on the big screen for the first time. I saw on a search that Houston is definitely one of the markets. If y'all have the time to do this, this would be my suggestion for introducing mrsnull to the series.

I sure do wish Gator Town had an AMC theater...
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

time & money likely preclude this. :(

our dog just ate the cord to my phone recharger. he hasn't done anything like that in years. :(
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Magickmaker informed me a couple of weeks ago that she hadn't seen Deathly Hallows Part 1 yet, won't see part 2 'til she's seen part 1, and in fact isn't all that interested in seeing part 1. So I guess I'll be going to part 2 by myself at some point this summer.

Since I have no screaming teenagers to drag me to the midnight show this week, I expect I'll wait 'til the furor dies down a bit, and then go see part 2 by myself. (Sigh.)

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
Cambo
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cambo »

The midnight screenings here sold out months in advance. I guess I'll go maybe next week.
^"Amusing, worth talking to, completely insane...pick your favourite." - Avatar

https://variousglimpses.wordpress.com
Merlanthe
Servant of the Land

Post by Merlanthe »

I went to see that movie last week. Its good but the final battle part is quite different to the book. I wont say anything more as i wouldnt want to spoil it for anyone who hasnt seen it yet, unlikely but you never know, except for OCTOMORT IS SO CUTE!!!
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

I just watched this a couple weeks ago. Watched Part 1 again on DVD the day before.

Meh.

Some parts were done well, but some stuff was just wrong.

Now I'm rereading the book again.

--A
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

loved the movies - juli enow wants to buy the books, so i will be looking at half price for the series.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

I finally saw this film over the weekend. I was pretty amazed at the casual disregard for human life - so many people dying for nothing, and I don't just mean the major dramatic deaths (which lacked drama in this treatment).

Things like the rails of one of the carts inside the bank/cave being destroyed and dropping a cart full of guards just doing their jobs to their deaths. One of the two goons with Malfoy in the Room of Requirement falling down into the fire. And more, and more.

No one spares a second thought for these people, not even the good guys who cause a lot of the deaths.
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

You raise a good point. At least one of the main characters should have exhibited some guilt over the random loss of life. Maybe not Harry -- he was too busy saving his own ass -- but Hermoine could have emoted a little bit.

Then again, all three of them are teens, and so are, by definition, stuck inside their own heads. And nobody on "Star Trek" ever got upset about the horrible red-shirt body count, either.

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/

Return to “J.K. Rowling Forum”