Acropolis Discussion

Moderator: [Syl]

Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Turn sent. [Syl Embattled], please glance over that and make sure I'm within spec. I was a little fuzzy on what would require an expenditure of power, and what was just Nyx acting. My first pass had those two things reversed, but this way seemed to make more sense.
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

I've seen it. It's mostly fine. One thing you tried to do doesn't quite work that way, but I didn't see a reason for the intent not to work out considering another action. I'll explain more in your results.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Thanks for taking a look. Then I'll work on this other stuff while I wait for results:
[Syl Embattled] wrote:Sure, go ahead. As long as the Trial entry isn't responding to current events, it's never too late.
Does this include Trial II? That came just as my life was starting to spin out of control, so I never submitted anything for that one. I got the III - A, a description of the afterlife, but I never got III - C, Nyx's part in that afterlife.

So, given some time this weekend, I'd hoped to get some stuff hashed out for both of those.
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Yes, that's fine.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Reminder to the players: deadline is August 1st. That's this coming Wednesday. Two days from now.

Reminder to the GM: I'm trying to make sure that my enthusiasm for the game is visible (instead of just being enthusiastic via txt to Fist), in spite of life being poopy. [Yes, that sounded sarcastic, but wasn't meant to be.]
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Thank you, sir.
-George Steiner
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Autarch, sir.

Serenity's turn is also sent. I reworked the aspect you have stated concern about, but if you feel it needs more tweaking and would like me to address it further this turn, it would be most appreciated if you will inform me as you can.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Just stumbled across this image on Facebook. Am wondering if there is a way I can work it in to my next turn. Or one of the others on the link. Just breathtaking, IMO.

A dragonfly is covered in dew in this beautiful close-up by Martin Amm. More: bit.ly/MIIjl5
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

I've received 3 results. 1 player has withdrawn, another 1 is sending turns in when he can. That leaves 2 others.
-George Steiner
cedar
Stonedownor

Post by cedar »

Picked up some last minute hours, turn in tonight around 11ish
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

[Syl Embattled] wrote:I've received 3 results.
Ha! Mine was one of them. On time for a change too. :D

--A
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

[Syl Embattled] wrote:I've received 3 results.
Ha! Mine was one of them. On time for a change too. :D
So the other two would be goat and me.

And regarding your music post, Autarch...

While the style of music is not to my taste, the lyrics are awesome, and anything that prompts me to give Stravinsky's Le sacre du printemps (The Rite of Spring) another listen, is always a good thing in my book.

Thanks. :biggrin:
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

Sent.
Avatar wrote:But then, the answers provided by your imagination are not only sometimes best, but have the added advantage of being unable to be wrong.
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Menolly wrote:Just stumbled across this image on Facebook. Am wondering if there is a way I can work it in to my next turn. Or one of the others on the link. Just breathtaking, IMO.

A dragonfly is covered in dew in this beautiful close-up by Martin Amm. More: bit.ly/MIIjl5
This seems like a wonderful opportunity for you to work on what Serenity looks like in the Crown realm. Appearance is all up to your imagination up there.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Goatkiller666 wrote:Appearance is all up to your imagination up there.
:)
That it is.
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

I'm still waiting on one player to get their submission in.
-George Steiner
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Put him / her in the box of shame. Announce who it is.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

...must...refrain...from...asking...where...processing...stands...

[slaps betraying fingers]
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Menolly is in the Box of Shame.
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

*throws pies at the box of shame*
Avatar wrote:But then, the answers provided by your imagination are not only sometimes best, but have the added advantage of being unable to be wrong.

Return to “Acropolis”