The "Good Post" feature of this forum

Free, open, general chat on any topic.

Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

MsMary
The Gap Into Spam

The "Good Post" feature of this forum

Post by MsMary »

I like the thanking feature of the forum, where you can click "good post" to thank someone for their post.

The only problem I have with it is I have no way to know who thanked me for what.

My "thanked" level just went up by one, and I have no idea which post triggered it. :P
"The Cheat is GROUNDED! We had that lightswitch installed for you so you could turn the lights on and off, not so you could throw lightswitch raves!"
- I'm always all right.
- Is all right special Time Lord code for really not all right at all?

- You're all irresponsible fools!
- The Doctor: But we're very experienced irresponsible fools.

THOOLAH member since 2005

EZBoard Survivor
ussusimiel
The Gap Into Spam
Location: Waterford (milking cows), and sometimes still Dublin, Ireland

Re: The "Good Post" feature of this forum

Post by ussusimiel »

MsMary wrote:My "thanked" level just went up by one, and I have no idea which post triggered it. :P
I can solve the mystery: it was I! I was responding to your 'entertain me' request in the 'Thread Drift is Inevitable' thread and I accidentally clicked the 'good post' button instead of the 'quote' button. That's my second time recently. I inadvertently thanked Avatar earlier this week.

And let me be very clear, you are both worth all the thanks you receive. So MsMary, consider it an unconditional thanks for being you |G

u.
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Beats the hell out of aiming for "edit" and hitting "quote" instead -- which I have done. *And* I've done it as a mod, so I'm not even editing my own quote. :roll:

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Re: The "Good Post" feature of this forum

Post by Vraith »

MsMary wrote: My "thanked" level just went up by one, and I have no idea which post triggered it. :P
This kinda bugs me, too. Once or twice I've accidentally noticed over near the items section of the box a notice the post was thanked by [name in blue]. But it doesn't stay for long, and I don't know what makes it go away.

I also don't know why some threads don't even have a "good post" button to thank people with.
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
MsMary
The Gap Into Spam

Post by MsMary »

ussusimiel wrote:
MsMary wrote:My "thanked" level just went up by one, and I have no idea which post triggered it. :P
I can solve the mystery: it was I! I was responding to your 'entertain me' request in the 'Thread Drift is Inevitable' thread and I accidentally clicked the 'good post' button instead of the 'quote' button. That's my second time recently. I inadvertently thanked Avatar earlier this week.

And let me be very clear, you are both worth all the thanks you receive. So MsMary, consider it an unconditional thanks for being you |G

u.
Ha, ha. :D

Thanks, anyway, Uss. :D
aliantha wrote:Beats the hell out of aiming for "edit" and hitting "quote" instead -- which I have done. *And* I've done it as a mod, so I'm not even editing my own quote. :roll:

Yeah, I hate when that happens. Though I don't have the mod problem - at least not here.
"The Cheat is GROUNDED! We had that lightswitch installed for you so you could turn the lights on and off, not so you could throw lightswitch raves!"
- I'm always all right.

EZBoard Survivor
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Hmmm, the notification on the post stays permanently I think. But only on that post.

As for it not being available in some forums, that'll be forums that were added after the module was. It has to be activated separately for them.

Remember any forums in particular?

--A
MsMary
The Gap Into Spam

Post by MsMary »

Well, how do you like that. I never thought to look on the post itself. And now I see where Uss thanked me and on what post. No way I'll ever find the previous 5 posts I was thanked for, though. I assume there's no way to search it, right?

And now I see I have another thanks. :)
- I'm always all right.

EZBoard Survivor
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

MsMary wrote:Well, how do you like that. I never thought to look on the post itself. And now I see where Uss thanked me and on what post. No way I'll ever find the previous 5 posts I was thanked for, though. I assume there's no way to search it, right?

And now I see I have another thanks. :)
that was me. :biggrin:
Avatar wrote:But then, the answers provided by your imagination are not only sometimes best, but have the added advantage of being unable to be wrong.
MsMary
The Gap Into Spam

Post by MsMary »

Yeah, I found yours, balon, now that I know where to look for it. But the other 5 thanks were so long ago it would take exhaustive searching to figure out which posts those were for. :D
- I'm always all right.

EZBoard Survivor
deer of the dawn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by deer of the dawn »

It would be cool if it was like the Facebook "Like" and showed up in a similar way. I see posts that I like and have this impulse to hit the Like button. "Goodpost" doesn't quite do it, but I do use it.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle. -Philo of Alexandria

ahhhh... if only all our creativity in wickedness could be fixed by "Corrupt a Wish." - Linna Heartlistener
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Yeah, we had this discussion in the Announcements forum or Q&A or some such when the feature was first added. IIRC, Vain said there's no way way to search for posts that were thanked or who did so. Since I use the orange dot tree and don't pay that much attention to the stats under my avatar, I tend to not notice them. But, it would be nice to be notified of them, if there is ever a way to add that feature.
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

If there is, it's probably in the software update that we're never gonna get. :lol:

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

MsMary
The Gap Into Spam

Post by MsMary »

Really? There's a software update? That we're not going to get? :P
- I'm always all right.

EZBoard Survivor
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Yup! The Hangar's using it. But the database there isn't the monster that we have here, so it was much easier to switch over to the new version.

EZ Board Survivor

MsMary
The Gap Into Spam

Post by MsMary »

Ah, gotcha.

I wondered why the Hangar had all those features that the Watch doesn't have.
- I'm always all right.

EZBoard Survivor
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

*sniff* Make Vain figure out a way to do it.

--A
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Seems reasonable to me! :lol:

EZ Board Survivor

Iolanthe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Iolanthe »

I wanted to ask this as I just saw that I'd been thanked 5 times in 5 posts. Read the posts above and I've found 1 - Dr Gamgee thanked me in the "Same Sex Marriage" thread. Thanks Doc. Some time I'll go back through all 1111 or whatever posts to see who else thanked me. Shame there is no easy way of finding out.
I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order!

"I must state plainly, Linden, that you have become wondrous in my sight."
Lord Foul
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Lord Foul »

Iolanthe wrote:I wanted to ask this as I just saw that I'd been thanked 5 times in 5 posts. Read the posts above and I've found 1 - Dr Gamgee thanked me in the "Same Sex Marriage" thread. Thanks Doc. Some time I'll go back through all 1111 or whatever posts to see who else thanked me. Shame there is no easy way of finding out.
Got to admit my doing on one of those - on the comment here - The Gap Into Vision - Forbidden Knowledge 1: Angus - starting the dissection discussion, saying Angus had the upper hand, calling Milos a slimy git - it well desrved three goodpost marks.
I have many names... and may play many roles

So that it's clear: I'm not the Lord Foul who was on the Watch before, from 26.10.2002 to 16.06.2012
Iolanthe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Iolanthe »

Ah, thanks LF. Two down, three to go! :)
I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order!

"I must state plainly, Linden, that you have become wondrous in my sight."

Return to “General Discussion Forum”