Come here to get properly welcomed by Lord Foul

Hey Newbies, over here first ;) Come on in and tell us more about yourself. IMPORTANT: For new members, please read "New Members Only" BEFORE registering.

Moderators: Savor Dam, Menolly

Lord Foul
<i>Elohim</i>

Come here to get properly welcomed by Lord Foul

Post by Lord Foul »

Come here, fresh grovelers, that's the way to get into the Land, you all have to talk to me. Don't be afraid. That won't help.
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

hi lord foul
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

Wecome to the Watch, Lord Foul ;)

Normally, I greet new members with "May you thrive here and contribute", but that just does not feel appropriate with an immortal of your ilk.

Instead, I'll just say watch out for lepers with bad attitudes, blond doctors with autistic sons, and aspiring writers from the southeast who have the poor judgement to leave perfectly good identities up for grabs.

Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
MsMary
The Gap Into Spam

Post by MsMary »

*eyes Lord Foul suspiciously*

;)
"The Cheat is GROUNDED! We had that lightswitch installed for you so you could turn the lights on and off, not so you could throw lightswitch raves!"
- I'm always all right.
- Is all right special Time Lord code for really not all right at all?

- You're all irresponsible fools!
- The Doctor: But we're very experienced irresponsible fools.

THOOLAH member since 2005

EZBoard Survivor
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

MsMary wrote:*eyes Lord Foul suspiciously*

;)
what she said... :!:
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Lord Foul
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Lord Foul »

*A figure that seems woven of green shining and impenetrable darkness turns abruptly, eyes of yellow flames catching the suspicious stares*

I see my claim on my name was called to question - and answered.

Since now and furtherly, let it be known that I'm the democratically approved Lord Foul, that is, nobody of those who complained kept complaining. To make the situation with the unfitting way of approval better, the "democratic" part went in the best traditions - only one candidate, silence counted as agreement. And, to make it all even better, the name was given to me by my predecessor, yes, Lord Foul, and even before that I claimed the foul powers of the Watch as mine, that is, usurped without being called.
I have many names... and may play many roles

So that it's clear: I'm not the Lord Foul who was on the Watch before, from 26.10.2002 to 16.06.2012
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

Lord Foul wrote:*A call to question - and answers?

Since now I approve Lord Foul,
that is, nobody!
those who complain kept complaining.
silence counts as disagreement.
And, Null makes it all even from odds,
the name was stolen to me
, yes, Lord Fowle,
and even before that I claim the foul powers
of the Watch as mine, that is,
usurped without being called.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Cambo
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cambo »

Hey, Foul! Cast your carious eyes over here! :wave:
^"Amusing, worth talking to, completely insane...pick your favourite." - Avatar

https://variousglimpses.wordpress.com
Lord Foul
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Lord Foul »

*The gaze of the yellow flames shifts, catching the look of many eyes with a firm, attentive stare*

It is rare to see someone willingly entering my demesne, moreover so one apparently eager to greet me. Thus, I wish to ask - what is the reason that drives you? Is it understanding, a wish to partake in my vast knowledge and subtle power, which I could assume from your thoughtful look and your many eyes, or are you seeking to oppose me, or could you just mistake me for my predecessor yet?

Speak, and if I assumed correctly about your likely answer, you may ask what you wish from me as well. However, I don't guarantee a thing, I don't take or eschew action on anyone's bidding, unless I choose to myself.

So that it's clear: I'm not the Lord Foul who was on the Watch before, from 26.10.2002 to 16.06.2012
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

Kevin Fowle

Kevin Despiser Fowle (born April 30th, 1968 in Midlothian, Texas) is a retired baseball player who played third base for the Midlothian Greys for four seasons, from 1983–1985 and 1987.

In four Major League seasons with the Midlothian Greys he played in 68 games and had 81 at bats, 15 hits, one double, five RBI, one stolen base, five walks, a .185 batting average, .239 on-base percentage, .198 slugging percentage, 16 total bases and one sacrifice fly. He also pitched an inning in a blowout loss to the Houston Colt 45's in 1985.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

Fear of Voids or Empty Spaces

A television show on the Junk Channel is dedicated to a group of Americans who believe in collecting items from our past. Some call it ‘junking’ while others use kinder phrases to manage the task of describing what is explored on “American Trash“.

Each episode Mike and Ike peruse barns, shed, opera houses and homes trying to find a piece of nostalgia that they can turn into a profit. The show is entertaining, informative and may help show the lives of a few who may live with a fear of empty spaces known as Kenophobia.

There are those who feel the need to fill space in their home, yard or outbuildings with things. They may view this as something like wrapping themselves in a protective blanket. They feel safe in the comfort of ‘stuff’.

What Causes Kenophobia?

A dark corner may seem less ominous if it is filled with things. A garage may be less scary if there are items that make it difficult for others to get around easily. Filling voids gives the phobic personality the feeling that they are placing boundaries around themselves that offer safety and comfort.

This idea may be passed along from a parent or guardian who may have lived in what others viewed as clutter. The sense of serenity in the midst of much can be a primary motivator towards accepting this as a form of personal security. Open spaces can be the thing that inspires fear.

This phobic personality may have been overwhelmed with the immense nature of open space as a guest in a home. Their obsession with so much space may lead them to fill the space and continue to do so until most guests view their surroundings as cluttered and perhaps even unsafe.

Symptoms of Kenophobia

This individual may not mind having guests come by to visit, but they may be very uncomfortable in visiting others. Their surroundings allow them to feel safe, but may not be welcoming to others. This individual will not be overly interested in public settings unless the area is compact and busy, although this will not be universally true. There are some that only feel comfortable in a setting of their own devising.

Other symptoms may also include…
■Trembling
■Elevated heart rate
■Temporary elevation in body temperature
■Air hunger
■Control loss
■An urge to flee empty spaces
■Nausea
■Fainting

Understanding this fear can be an important aid in empathizing with those who live with the fear.

How to Overcome Kenophobia

While some might argue correctly that an individual with lots of belongings is a proverbial pack rat there are those that find the close proximity of things to keep their fear at bay.

A therapist can help determine if this is the case, but they can also assist by providing tools to help patients understand the fear, their response and how to moderate future fear triggers.

Some individuals may also respond well to prescribed medication to reduce anxiety.

The fear of voids or empty spaces is also referred to as:
■Empty space fear
■Fear of voids
■Kenophobia
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Lord Foul
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Lord Foul »

sgt.null wrote: Kevin Despiser Fowle (born April 30th, 1968 in Midlothian, Texas) is a retired baseball player who played third base for the Midlothian Greys for four seasons, from 1983–1985 and 1987.
Makes me wonder if you've seen these www.baseball-reference.com/minors/playe ... wler001kev www.millersvilleathletics.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=2144
sgt.null wrote:Fear of Voids or Empty Spaces
Ah, pleasant to see such approval of the design of the Creche, perhaps some photos could be good illustrations for this article - and the people taking those photos could suggest some more symptoms afterwards.

sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

i see Foul has been busy... sowing confusion as to who he is.

will work on pics....
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Arch of the Covenant
Servant of the Land

Post by Arch of the Covenant »

null wrote:hi lord foul
I have to say this post had me laughing out loud multiple times yesterday! Just hilarious...
Fireflii
Servant of the Land

Post by Fireflii »

I don't fear death ... I fear not living fully while I am here! Bring it on Lord Foul! hehe
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

Welcome to the Watch, Fireflii!

Your comment above certainly reflects admirable Serenity.

May you thrive here...and contribute.
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

Lord Fowl

Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Lord Foul
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Lord Foul »

Arch of the Covenant wrote:
null wrote:hi lord foul
I have to say this post had me laughing out loud multiple times yesterday! Just hilarious...
Perhaps I should usurp this title as well... a good thought. Oh wait. Kevin is not here, other Lords from that time - nope as well - looks like I'm the only one left here. Then I can just vote for myself.

Rather sportless, I guess I'll wait for someone else to stir up trouble.
Fireflii wrote:I don't fear death ... I fear not living fully while I am here! Bring it on Lord Foul! hehe
Ten readings - are you sure on that?

And shouldn't you know at least that death is an easy way out? Compared to other things I so prefer and so can use better.
null wrote:Lord Fowl

Looks like you seriously did your research. A rock band even. Do you want a Raver badge?

Queen Christine
Stonedownor

Post by Queen Christine »

Well I wouldn't consider myself a true TCTC fan if I didn't have the guts to stand before Lord Foul. So here I am, hey there big guy. :wave:
Lord Foul
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Lord Foul »

With the guts to stand before me and the general attitude Covenant had at first - right on the first time - with all his "Forget about it" bravado - how much of a hero could someone like that be? It's not so easy.

You try to stay here for a few years, make a few thousands of posts - now that might take some guts. This is something even I can wish good luck with... you may really need it.

Return to “The Summonsing”