Nominations for Best GT Game, 2011

Spotlighting Watchers and posts that go Above and Beyond the call of duty.

Moderators: Menolly, [Syl]

[Syl]
Unfettered One

Nominations for Best GT Game, 2011

Post by [Syl] »

Nominations accepted:

Inferno
Last edited by [Syl] on Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Inferno.

--A
Lefdmae Deemalr Effaeldm
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Lefdmae Deemalr Effaeldm »

I second Inferno.
A role-player, beware
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Caam wrote:Inferno.
I'll try not to be insulted that people would rather continue to nominate Inferno after its already been seconded rather than mention... any other games.

(2012, Syl. 2012. Just keep repeating it to yourself and maybe it will come true)
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
caamora
The Purifier

Post by caamora »

Don't be insulted. I could have nominated myself, too. :)
The King has one more move.
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Acropolis

Ah, Surya...
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Not to be picky or anything, but Acropolis started in 2009. We're nominating games that started in 2010 or 2011, yes? Or as long as they were being played that year, are they eligible?
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

I have said elsewhere that my two picks would be Rogue Trader and Acropolis 1.0. But I only get to pick one.

So, strategy being what it is... I'll put my vote on Rogue Trader, then go campaign two others into seconding that and Acro. Because it's really a tough choice between the two of them. (Also, I don't think Inferno really got rolling until 2012, so the 2011 portion of it can't really stand up to some of the awesome I got to experience as a player in these other two games.)

But next season, when the 2012 Watchies roll around... I won't feel even slightly bad for nominating myself.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Well, assuming it is for active game played rather than one that started that year, then I'll go ahead and nominate Aesir. I think for a first time GM, and in my opinion, for any GM in general, Odin/Fist did an amazing job.

I have been accused of role playing my followers far more than my deities, and that was really true in Aesir. I miss Leandrea, Jharvik, and Caelyn. And I miss the interaction with Han. I was really hoping he would reappear somehow in Vanir.

On top of that, I believe Agape's avatar is the last Edgetar I had made. And I feel it was one of the most beautiful he made.

It incorporated the heart-shaped irises, the golden pupil, and the Greek spelling.

I miss Narie...

Return to “The Watchy Awards Forum”