What have you been dreaming about lately?

Free, open, general chat on any topic.

Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

TomRiddle
Servant of the Land

Post by TomRiddle »

I rarely remember dreams, but already several times I dreamed that I was playing at [URL REDACTED BY ADMIN] and win the jackpot. In reality, I play, but just for fun and not thinking about winning. Is my subconscious talking to me about something? I myself have not yet decided whether this is a good sign or not. What do you think?
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Ah, nice try. :D The unrelated post in the other thread threw me off for a second, but now I see it's just link spam. :)

(Most spammers don't bother with even a minimal attempt to blend in, so fair go to you. :D )

However, do note that this sort of irrelevant link is no longer the SEO panacea it once was. Google has gotten a lot better at spotting that kind of thing, and it really doesn't help much any more, and can even harm your rankings.

You're much better off with earned links, or relevant on-site content (although if that's the type of site you're pushing, you must have massive competition).

If you want traffic, start an AdWords campaign. (To advertise gambling you have to be certified by them though. :D )

Anyway, don't spam here thanks. :D

--A
Cord Hurn
Servant of the Band

Post by Cord Hurn »

Lately, I've dreamed that I've taken up smoking cigarettes again, but I'm relieved to wake up and realize that it's just a dream. :bounce03: :crazy: :3M:
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Oh what a kinda relief ... its prolly just your fear of taking back up old habits. But you are clearly the master of you πŸ˜‰πŸ˜Ž and good for you πŸ‘ not all are so successful βœ…
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

Cord Hurn wrote:Lately, I've dreamed that I've taken up smoking cigarettes again, but I'm relieved to wake up and realize that it's just a dream. :bounce03: :crazy: :3M:
Stay strong! haha ;)
I want to ask my fam if they've ever had this happen, they're all ex-smokers too.

Had a dream I walked a few flights to the bottom of a concrete stairwell, with no doors on the final level. Instead there's a hole chewed out of the floor by xenomorph acid (from Ridley Scott's Alien movie.) For some reason I need to go into the hole and I'm vacillating and muttering to myself about how messed up it is that I'm doing this. I'm terrified of the prospects of getting munched by an alien...

I woke up waaaay to hot and tossed a blanket off the bed. :Help:
Avatar wrote:But then, the answers provided by your imagination are not only sometimes best, but have the added advantage of being unable to be wrong.
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

:LOLS:

That IS terrifying lol πŸ˜‚
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
deer of the dawn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by deer of the dawn »

I keep dreaming about babies, human babies and small animal babies.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle. -Philo of Alexandria

ahhhh... if only all our creativity in wickedness could be fixed by "Corrupt a Wish." - Linna Heartlistener
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Ooooh how lovely β™₯️

Ive had human baby dreams but theyre always terrifying.. I leave them places, dont feed them and drop them and shit... honestly they are the stuff of heart stopping nightmares. 😬😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

I've had similar dreams, only swap babies for pets. There's always this room I forgot about. Very unsettling. And probably has some deeper meaning, though certainly not a literal one - I've never forgotten to feed a pet, and they're not shy about sticking a claw up my nose if they're worried I might sleep through when they want their breakfast.

Oh, a change is coming, feel these doors now closing
Is there no world for tomorrow, if we wait for today?

Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

True that .. kitties are not backward in coming forward πŸ˜‰
😜😜😜😜

Ive had dreams like that with baby animals too .. freaks me the f out. #shudders#

I really hate unsettling dreams like that
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
FindailsCrispyPancakes
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by FindailsCrispyPancakes »

I just had the craziest dream.

I dreamed that a bunch of environmental protestors shut London down for ten days, choking the city with diesel fumes from stationary vehicles to 'make the government listen to them' when parliament was shut, all because a 12 year old girl from Sweden said so.

Then I dreamed that the overwhelming majority of these people were demanding the world change its ways immediately when virtually none of them had the faintest idea how the human race could switch overnight to a global clean energy network that provided 30 terawatts or more of power per year.

Then I dreamed they were really just a bunch of angry people who'd got upset about something they didn't really have an answer for. I dreamed they'd all just decided to throw a really unproductive tantrum so we were all jolly aware of how upset they all were, and THAT was what really mattered.

Then I dreamed I had a look at some of their social media accounts and it turned out they really were just a bunch of tantrum throwing arseholes who weren't remotely interested in the actual mechanics of solving the problem.

Then there was a really mad bit where I dreamed the actress Emma Thompson burnt up more than a year's worth of household emissions flying across the Atlantic ocean because she knew that millions of people wouldn't be noticed unless she was there making fine speeches.

I tried to dream that Emma's carbon emissions were a necessary sacrifice for the future of our planet, but I couldn't.

Then the dream just got flat out surreal. I dreamed the pound was worth less than $1.30 and that Boris Johnson was going to be prime minister of England!

After that I dreamed Donald Trump had given up his real estate and reality TV businesses to go into politics and that he became president!

Then I dreamed that the human race was largely just a bunch of narcissistic talking monkeys scurrying round on the surface of a rock in a vacuum looking at their stupid little phones.

I dreamed that we'd not really been around too long in the big scheme of things and that it wouldn't be too long in the big scheme of things before we weren't around any more.

Dreams eh?
EARTH:

:yeehaa: :whip: :bang: :snipe: :mgun: :rocket:

Not even remotely harmless
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

I hang my head in shame for my part πŸ˜” but I tell myself the little inconsequential things I do .. make the teeniest difference to my local environment.

I understand your dream of the little Swedish girl .. we downunder and I believe globally ... held similar protests.
All because of a small Swedish girl. Thats an amazing phenomenon is it not? That a child could inspire a planet to make small changes in their every day lives to benefit the planet 🌏 πŸ˜‰

We dont exist long in the great scheme of things ... so my thoughts are that there are in truth limited positive changes that humans can make now to alter the path of global warming. So we do what we can and lobby government to set standards for those who can make significant changes.

I think in the 70 years or so that we live here .. the greatest investment of time and energy is in the realisation of ones personal happiness. If we can assist in the happiness of others πŸ‘ great. If we can live responsibly, care for the planet via our local environments πŸ‘βœŠ great. If we can help others within our individual capability to do so πŸ‘πŸ‘Œ great.

Then when we pass we will take to the grave no regrets.
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Lazy Luke
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Lazy Luke »

Last night I dreamed of music. Luckily I was able to remember some of it on wakening ...

In the dream I was taking drum lessons and the teacher told me that before I pick up the sticks to first concoct some rhythm using hand held percussion. He had a wierd looking guiro-cabasa-vibraslap-agogo bell-kinda thingamajig, and I was thinking now why'o'why don't I have one of those. Then it occurred to me that I did have some percussive odds'n'ends about the place, and, finding a shaker I joined in. And that's when I heard a musical theme.

After I woke up I was able to strum the tune and pick out the notes. A bridge and some chord changes I'll have to invent, but still, it's really good when that happens.

Also in the dream I was walking by a park and saw an old friend dressed in a Boba Fett outfit. I knew it was him by his style of playing football. So we had a kickaround and then after he told me that 'Mandalorian' and 'Midichlorians' were both the same thing, and I should check it out.

And that's all I remember ...

no wait, there was one other thing. In the dream Boba Fett had a companion, a young girl who I took little notice of.
Later I looked on Amazon to see if the Mandalorian was out on boxedset-DVD, and checked out some of the story on Wikipedia. I was pleased to find that Pedro Pascal plays the lead character. Recently I enjoyed his sci-fi film Prospect, a kind of True Grit on an alien planet. It also starred a young actress, Sophie Thatcher ... strange now I think about the young girl from the dream.

There's probably a rational explanation, but for the time being its pretty freaky.
Linna Heartbooger
Are you not a sine qua non for a redemption?

Post by Linna Heartbooger »

Lazy Luke wrote:After I woke up I was able to strum the tune and pick out the notes. A bridge and some chord changes I'll have to invent, but still, it's really good when that happens.
That sounds really awesome and I'm glad that happened! =)

I have some thinking tasks that I'm not good at... consciously working on... but which my mind is capable of generating things for.
"People without hope not only don't write novels, but what is more to the point, they don't read them.
They don't take long looks at anything, because they lack the courage.
The way to despair is to refuse to have any kind of experience, and the novel, of course, is a way to have experience."
-Flannery O'Connor

"In spite of much that militates against quietness there are people who still read books. They are the people who keep me going."
-Elisabeth Elliot, Preface, "A Chance to Die: The Life and Legacy of Amy Carmichael"
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

A party at my grandparents house with all my family.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Linna Heartbooger
Are you not a sine qua non for a redemption?

Post by Linna Heartbooger »

Apparently, cryptocurrency?!?!?

This morning I woke up in the middle of a dream that was about - I kid you not - participating in the Bitcoin/Cryptocurrency thread HLT just made.

Additionally, I had a weird "Bitcoin hijinks dream" 2 or 3 nights ago.
It went like this:
I bought some Bitcoin (or Ethereum or something) one day when I saw the price as low. The next day, at a certain time, I decided to sell, and for some UNKNOWN reason, I was trying to persuade this one internet friend to buy it off of me for the market price.

For some reason, he didn't want to! (possibly not wanting to be pressured into making a random purchase from an acquaintance for -NO- earthly reason whatsoever.) Tried again the next day. I was being obtuse, and for some reason did not think, "Rather than trying to push this onto someone who doesn't want it. I can go sell it on a market."
sgt.null wrote:A party at my grandparents house with all my family.
:grinlove: This is sweeet, sarge!
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Last night I dreamt I visited Lucimay lol πŸ˜‚ and Creator - her friend Tandy was in my dream too. I’ve never met any of these fine folk in rl but the dream was fun and felt so real πŸ˜‚

Weird huh? And there was a neighbour who liked watching people sleep - yeah THAT was weird lol πŸ˜‚ and what an amazing old American wood interior. Dark wood wall length cupboards and shelving lol πŸ˜‚ the decor in my dream was pretty yet idly precise.

Dreams are so strange - I wonder where they arise from πŸ€”
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Damelon
Lord

Post by Damelon »

I had a dream recently where I kept trying, unsuccessfully, to insert a debit card into an ATM. I awoke to see my cat, Amber, pushing her head into my open hand. She likes hopping up on the bed at night looking for a scratch around the ears. :lol:

Return to β€œGeneral Discussion Forum”