What have you been dreaming about lately?

Free, open, general chat on any topic.

Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

:LOLS:
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Lazy Luke
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Lazy Luke »

Had a very mixed up dream last night that left me with only the image of a computer toy I'd spent way too much money on. An automobile that had lots of flashing coloured lights with a neat set of switches and buttons.

My interpretation of the dream is that of simple triviality.
I'm now way over my monthly internet allowance, (I persist on using a mobile broadband dongle that can often run up a large bill).
Last night I slept on a new matress but hadn't taken the time to remove the polythene packaging. I slipped and slid around in a crinkly scrunching sounding bed all night.
And as my usb guitar amp circuits have hit a brick wall, I treated myself to a new Magnusson 14" Toolbox saw (almost a week ago) intending to work on the amplifier box. That too is still in it's wrapper.

Mmm... maybe not so trivial a dream after all.
Linna Heartbooger
Are you not a sine qua non for a redemption?

Post by Linna Heartbooger »

Lazy Luke wrote:Had a very mixed up dream last night that left me with only the image of a computer toy I'd spent way too much money on. An automobile that had lots of flashing coloured lights with a neat set of switches and buttons.

My interpretation of the dream is that of simple triviality.
I'm now way over my monthly internet allowance, (I persist on using a mobile broadband dongle that can often run up a large bill).
Last night I slept on a new matress but hadn't taken the time to remove the polythene packaging. I slipped and slid around in a crinkly scrunching sounding bed all night.
And as my usb guitar amp circuits have hit a brick wall, I treated myself to a new Magnusson 14" Toolbox saw (almost a week ago) intending to work on the amplifier box. That too is still in it's wrapper.

Mmm... maybe not so trivial a dream after all.
Riiiight?

Arrgh about the internet allowance thing... I have tried daring such things before.
("you save soooo much if you don't go over your allowance, though!")
I'm guessing the allowance is in MB/GB rather than minutes?

Frustrations add up...
I often feel "stuck" - like I can't even do one thing because of the five other things right in front of me glaring at me.

I had a weird dream 1-3 nights ago, and I think I remember there being a moment that I was like, "What, so-and-so made a Kathrine Anne Porter thread? I must go find it!"
I have a collection of her stories out of the library, and I haven't picked it up in ages...
I've read three full short stories of hers, and there's two stories I started and didn't finish.
Don't remember much else of the dream, I think.
Lazy Luke
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Lazy Luke »

I was using Windows Explorer on my laptop and Win10 makes it difficult to switch off automatic updates. The longer I stay online the more updates. All behind the screen unchecked. I'm trying Mozilla Firefox to see if it is more economical.

I still keep bringing home books but haven't read more than a chapter of anything for maybe two or three years now. There was a time I couldn't leave the house without a paperback stuffed into a coat pocket, for bus stops, waiting rooms, tea breaks and lunch hours, etc... those days are now sadly gone.
I just wish I could have finished Freud's, Interpretation of Dreams. He makes a good point.
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Why do you think your reading has declined over the years Lazy?
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Lazy Luke wrote:I was using Windows Explorer on my laptop and Win10 makes it difficult to switch off automatic updates. The longer I stay online the more updates. All behind the screen unchecked. I'm trying Mozilla Firefox to see if it is more economical.
The browser you're using won't make a difference.

Search your update settings for an option called "metered connection" and turn it on.

That tells Win10 you're paying per Mb and it won't download updates unless you tell it to.

(Weird...I don't usually read this thread. :D )

--A
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Youre so clever Av .. I love reading your IT assists .. so clever .. some Ive already copied and pasted just incase one day I experience a problem.

LOL .. so far though .. my mac hasnt given me any problems at all ;) :P
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR

Post by Avatar »

Haha, I'm not going to be able to help much with a Mac. :D Don't know anything about their inner workings.

--A
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

I guess there superior in many ways ;) :P
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Lazy Luke
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Lazy Luke »

Avatar wrote:Search your update settings for an option called "metered connection" and turn it on.

--A
Will do, cheers.
Skyweir wrote: Why do you think your reading has declined over the years Lazy?
I really don't know why my brain rejects large portions of text.
I do sometimes worry that I may never read another book, but I'm sure someday I will.

Update
Removed the polythene from the matress and had a dreamless slip slide and scrunchy free sleep.
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Lazy Luke wrote:Update
Removed the polythene from the matress and had a dreamless slip slide and scrunchy free sleep.

How funny πŸ˜‚ who knew you hadnt removed the plastic covering from your mattress .. you krazy kat :lol: :haha:
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR

Post by Avatar »

Skyweir wrote:I guess there superior in many ways ;) :P
Only up until the point where you have to pay somebody to fix it because it's not really (or wasn't at least) user serviceable. :D

--A
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Well Avster if I have any problems I take it straight into the apple store and they fix it up a treat .. usually in the past .. re past issues for free .. I havent had to pay at any time for an apple service. But I am sure there would be occassions when they would charge ;) :P
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

Had a bizarre dream last night about being on jury duty and ending up in some sort of witness protection program. (I don't remember a single detail about the case.) Anyway, they sent me to live on some sort of huge luxury ship, which seemed really nice at first, but then I realized that all the windows were mirrors and there were no doors. And then I started to realize that everything was just a little bit off - it looked nice, but it was all decorative and not functional.

Oh, a change is coming, feel these doors now closing
Is there no world for tomorrow, if we wait for today?

Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

You could be an imager Sors 😏 if you dream it again see if you can enter a mirror .. but beware smooth talking old dudes 😬
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

I think they were probably two-way mirrors - I think I was under surveillance or something - wish I could remember more of the details. I do remember arguing with people whose faces I couldn't remember the moment they were out of sight (can't picture what they looked like at all now) - all in all just weird and not connected to anything IRL. I can usually figure it out when a dream is based off of something I watched or read right before bed, or if it's an anxiety parable or whatnot - but occasionally my brain just hops straight to the random weirdness level.

Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Its the stuff of creative imaginations.. or the creatively imaginative, same, same. Time to start jotting down the next best seller, drafting you Pulitzer speech and whatnot 😏😏😏😏😏😏😏😏 😎
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Lazy Luke
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Lazy Luke »

Was hearing the old song Mull of Kintyre on a dream radio at a fictional workplace. Paul McCartney came out of his office to talk to some employee. I thought, he's putting on weight!
(edit: I remember the overweight man was actually there to distract me from the song. Fortunately the chords are basic, the progression simplistic, and the lyrics easy going.)

Must be from listening to ELO and the Police recently. Blast from the past
Was going to post "arms" to Khaliban's "venus" in the Antonym game, then thought ... meh. Paul McCartney's RAM is way too strange in the mind's eye!

Stranger still, as I write this I can hear the Shipping News on the radio mentioning Mull of Kintyre ... Light rain becoming light rain showers

:crazy: I need more sleep
Last edited by Lazy Luke on Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Non-member of the happy clappy club
Lazy Luke
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Lazy Luke »

Lazy Luke wrote:I thought, he's putting on weight!
Hey, this was in the news today.
msn news

Just goes to show how dreams are made from the stuff of nonsense.
My dream voice should actually have said - hasn't he lost weight! :P
Non-member of the happy clappy club
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

I keep having this dream about wanting to listen to a specific song. I know I'm dreaming, and I'm trying to remind myself for when I wake up, but when I actually do wake up, I can't remember what song it is or who it is by or anything. I'm not even sure if it's a real song or one that just seems real when I'm dreaming, but I've had the dream every night this week and it feels like I'm trying to tell myself something.

Or maybe it's just a defense mechanism triggered by the current awful playlist at work.

Return to β€œGeneral Discussion Forum”