Daughter of Regals ebook available 12/31/12

For discussion about Stephen R. Donaldson's other works, Reed Stephens, group meetings, elohimfests, SRD sightings, and more.

Moderator: Seareach

dlbpharmd
Lord

Daughter of Regals ebook available 12/31/12

Post by dlbpharmd »

Pre-orders are available now on iTunes for $9.99. The ebook contains a new cover art image that looks to be Palencar's work.
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Re: Daughter of Regals ebook available 12/31/12

Post by aliantha »

dlbpharmd wrote:Pre-orders are available now on iTunes for $9.99. The ebook contains a new cover art image that looks to be Palencar's work.
First sentence, I went, "Oooooh!" And then I read the second sentence.

Ah well, if his artwork sells books, I guess it's okay. Kind of. But please tell me he didn't put that damn tree in the background. :lol:

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

:lol:

Just a few tree branches this time, and a big full moon. I can't find an image online at the moment, but will try to come up with one from iTunes later today.
Seareach
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seareach »

Sounds like it's from this, D. So, yeah Ali: it's a chick with a tree! ...but a moon too so that's a change! ;)

aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Thanks, Sea! Hmm, including "Gilden Fire". I wonder if SRD had any input into that.

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

aliantha wrote:Hmm, including "Gilden Fire". I wonder if SRD had any input into that.
What's the issue with GF? My paperback version of DoR has GF in it, but I think some earlier editions did not ...
SeaReach wrote:...but a moon too so that's a change!
As in, it's a literal moon, and not a woman mooning us?
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

Seareach wrote:Sounds like it's from this, D. So, yeah Ali: it's a chick with a tree! ...but a moon too so that's a change! ;)

Yeah, that's it.

It's been a while since I read DOR. Any speculation on who this is supposed to be?
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

The Lady In White?
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

wayfriend wrote:
aliantha wrote:Hmm, including "Gilden Fire". I wonder if SRD had any input into that.
What's the issue with GF? My paperback version of DoR has GF in it, but I think some earlier editions did not ...
Just that whole thing about SRD having second thoughts about releasing it at all. He took it out of the Chrons to start with because the PoV seems to confirm that the Land is real. It's in my paperback edition, but I know some other editions don't have it.

EZ Board Survivor

Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

wayfriend wrote:My paperback version of DoR has GF in it, but I think some earlier editions did not ...
Yeah, my DoR doesn't have GF in it...got it as a stand-alone volume. A very very thin stand-alone volume. :lol:

--A
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

wayfriend wrote:My paperback version of DoR has GF in it, but I think some earlier editions did not ...
Yeah, my DoR doesn't have GF in it...got it as a stand-alone volume. A very very thin stand-alone volume. :lol:
*nod*

One of the books Fist was good enough to send me. I insisted he sign it, since his avatar is based on the cover; then it is the one TCTC related book I had SRD sign at 'fest.
Seareach
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seareach »

Isn't that the bookclub version of GF that SRD had a problem with...not that I remember the story behind that. I think Luci might?
Frostheart Grueburn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Frostheart Grueburn »

wayfriend wrote:
SeaReach wrote:...but a moon too so that's a change!
As in, it's a literal moon, and not a woman mooning us?
Has SRD written anything about well-muscled Scotsmen? Now there's an alternative...

Return to “General SRD Discussion and Other Works”