Hello, just joined.

Hey Newbies, over here first ;) Come on in and tell us more about yourself. IMPORTANT: For new members, please read "New Members Only" BEFORE registering.

Moderators: Savor Dam, Menolly

ussusimiel
The Gap Into Spam
Location: Waterford (milking cows), and sometimes still Dublin, Ireland

Post by ussusimiel »

Mega Fauna Blitzkrieg wrote:We should do a poll among the people who read the first chronicles in extreme youth, and see if they all turned out with such a high sense of despair and gloom, but also hope and friendship, or if that is just me?

Chicken before the egg? Did I get so drawn to the series because it spoke to me, or did it shape me in some fashion?
Interesting question. In my case it is the former, but rather than speaking to me the sheer quality of the story allowed me to to project aspects of myself onto it. As my understanding of the series has deepened (especially since I joined the Watch :lol: ) I have realised that while I admire SRD's attitude to life it is not the same as my own. What we do share is the belief that how you hold your attitude to life is as important as the attitude you hold.

To quote SRD:
And, of course, integrity is a journey. We don't simply have it. First, we have to discover it. Then we have to earn it.

[INTERVIEW: March 20, 2012 (SF Signal)]
u.
Tho' all the maps of blood and flesh
Are posted on the door,
There's no one who has told us yet
What Boogie Street is for.
Lord Foul
<i>Elohim</i>

Re: Hello, just joined.

Post by Lord Foul »

Greetings, Mega Fauna Blitzkrieg.
Mega Fauna Blitzkrieg wrote:As the giants always say, 'offense is in the ears that hear, not the autistic who speaks' right?
Actually, it's a Raver saying, and it goes like this: 'beating, mental rape and complete insanity enforced on you is all in your mind, not because of the nice Raver who is just a part of your dream'
I have many names... and may play many roles

So that it's clear: I'm not the Lord Foul who was on the Watch before, from 26.10.2002 to 16.06.2012
Billy G.
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Billy G. »

Belated welcome! I first read the first 2 Chronicles in 1983-84. Twice through.

I don't know how many more times I've been through them since. I think the latest time was in Summer 2009, before AATE came out in October. :D

Return to “The Summonsing”