Re-Summonsed back to Kevin's Watch

Hey Newbies, over here first ;) Come on in and tell us more about yourself. IMPORTANT: For new members, please read "New Members Only" BEFORE registering.

Moderators: Savor Dam, Menolly

Sffasia
Stonedownor

Re-Summonsed back to Kevin's Watch

Post by Sffasia »

So there I was after watching Game of Thrones Season Three n vegging out, when I felt it again (apologies hvnt re-read 1TC/2TC in many yrs, reconstructing from memory), a swirling energy enveloped me n I found myself in a strange Land atop a high rocky tower. I recognised it as Kevin's Watch, i'd been here before but who has summoned me here this time. (ok, not so much reconstructing as recreating in my imagination: post-modern deconstruction, anyone?)
I dont know how to continue, except: Male, in SEA (south-east asia) ethnic Chinese in Singapore. Here to read The Last Dark threads. Any more please feel free to ask me here. What the previous para means, Iv joined here b4 but it didnt take, i disappeared after a while maybe cos Last Chrons hadn't come out yet. Then didnt return except lurking cos SRD's GI seemed more enticing/engrossing. Sorry to seem like im down on the Watch, mebbe i just needed to get older to appreciate this board. So thats me, Hi again.
Billy G.
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Billy G. »

Welcome or welcome back to the Watch, whatever the case may be! :D
ussusimiel
The Gap Into Spam
Location: Waterford (milking cows), and sometimes still Dublin, Ireland

Post by ussusimiel »

Welcome back to the Watch, Sffasia!

We take a bit of getting used to alright, but we're worth the effort! We don't really do the fanboy/fangirl thing (except Savor Dam :lol:). I'm only here two years but I feel like I've been here forever! People are generally quite considered and restrained in their posts and responses (except for in the 'Tank where it regularly gets hot and heavy (not in a good way :?)). The upside of this is that when people respond they usually do so in depth (sometimes maybe you'll get more than you bargained for :lol:). So, if you've any thoughts or questions relating to the Chrons feel free to dust off old threads (the Search option takes a bit of getting used to) or start new ones, there's plenty of insight and interest here on the Watch.

u.
Tho' all the maps of blood and flesh
Are posted on the door,
There's no one who has told us yet
What Boogie Street is for.
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

ussusimiel wrote:We don't really do the fanboy/fangirl thing (except Savor Dam :lol:).
:|
(bloody THOOLAH members!)

Hellfire! :P All I have ever done is counsel patience until the last book is available and to trust SRD in the interim. Since I deal with Apple / Kindle / (whatever) fanpersons everyday, I can assure you that what I am is not an SRD fanboy.

Yes, I was fortunate enough to win (not buy) an ARC of TLD...which I will pass forward as soon as Menolly finishes reading it. Other than saying I liked it, I have reserved comment.
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Savor Dam wrote:Yes, I was fortunate enough to win (not buy) an ARC of TLD...which I will pass forward as soon as Menolly finishes reading it. Other than saying I liked it, I have reserved comment.
*nod*

Since I am not a member of the TLD forum, I can't confirm nor deny what SD has said there. But he has been very patient as I slowly wade my way through.

...although, he does grasp at any opportunity I present to him to discuss what I have read so far, and avidly listens to my speculation without reacting in a way which would spoil the rest of the read for me. I only hope I can do as well for others, once I am finished.
ussusimiel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by ussusimiel »

Start here, Sffasia: THOOLAH has come to redeem your mortal soul.

(And in deference to our patient, gracious and dignified mods :lol:) back on topic:

Welcome back to the Watch, Sffasia! I hope our strange behaviour and odd passions haven't put you off! :biggrin:

u.
Last edited by ussusimiel on Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Are posted on the door,
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

Heh. Alright, u, I will admit to being in an intemperate mood yesterday. Horked my back a few days ago and have been uncomfortable too long.

As for THOOLAH...I have always warned that misguided lot that their days were numbered once TLD came out. I don't think I am giving anything away to say that my mind has not changed on that.

You say their ranks have swelled? There is a pill for that now... :twisted:
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Savor Dam wrote:As for THOOLAH...I have always warned that misguided lot that their days were numbered once TLD came out. I don't think I am giving anything away to say that my mind has not changed on that.
I will again say that this ardant OPAL member may be starting to tilt towards LA's side of the fence...
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

Just as long as you remain Ardent, bashert!
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

~ Barbara Reinhold

~ George Bernard Shaw
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

...yeah, yeah, yeah.
Sffasia
Stonedownor

Post by Sffasia »

Long time lurker here, so know all about THOOLAH. thought i read they were largely dormant since LAst Chrons started since she's like the bloody HERO of most of book 1 n the rest.

Ill say i never felt hate for LA sin 2TC since I may have skippd a lot of details in my 1st reading(what can i say, i was only 13-15 yrs old when i read 1TC n 2TC originall in mid 1980s). Whenever I reread 1&2TC again she's colored by her later actions in 1Tree n WGW,
Spoiler
even though retrospectively, she's WRONG to take TC's ring later before TC gifts it to her, i can never hate her bcos of the suffering she's been through n how she pulled herself up. (can any1 believe i dint dint read thoroughly n just scrolld past her suicidal mom until later readings, maybe 3rd time through 1n2TC. dint effect how i saw her, tho)
Spoiler
Reading Last Chrons after discovering THOOLAH through lurking, i dont know if SRD or LA changed for me or SRD intentionally trolled THOOLAH by making her less sympathetic but there r times when i was lewss charitable towards her action than i ever was in 1&2TC. Never her character (spirit) or intent, i always felt them pure as before, just thought she acted out of character for her, but its been 10 yrs (book time). But im still confident SRD will reddeem her or LA will redeem herself just like end of WGW
So where n whos Linden's Army around here? think ill join them instead.

Im goin to Dissections of 1n2TC after this. TLD seems too spoilery even 4 me, esp if some people there hv already read it. Jealous but not hateful abt it. U guys r really lucky to have just good watcher like Strkllr i think.
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

THOOLAH haven't been dormant since last started arriving...they've been RAMPANT.
But, like Mayflies, they can only eat and crap as juveniles, and as adults can only screw and die.
It may seem like life...but its not.

I never officially joined LA, I was initially more neutral...but constantly being forced to oppose THOOLAH's radical theocratic terrorism [and the ability to read whole sentences in one sitting... :twisted: ] ...shifted my perspective.
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
StevieG
Andelanian

Post by StevieG »

So where n whos Linden's Army around here? think ill join them instead.
I hereby summon Wayfriend!

If you want to declare your love for Linden, you can go to the store (click the "Stores" link) and browse to "The Which Watch Wrist Watch Shop" where you'll find a "Linden's Army" item that will appear as a User Item, near your user name once purchased. :)
Hugs and sh!t ~ lucimay

I think you're right ~ TheFallen
ussusimiel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by ussusimiel »

Vraith wrote:THOOLAH haven't been dormant since last started arriving...they've been RAMPANT.
But, like Mayflies, they can only eat and crap as juveniles, and as adults can only screw and die.
It may seem like life...but its not.

I never officially joined LA, I was initially more neutral...but constantly being forced to oppose THOOLAH's radical theocratic terrorism [and the ability to read whole sentences in one sitting... :twisted: ] ...shifted my perspective.
If there ever was a post that deserved 'fisking' this is it. I don't have the time at the moment but I'll do what I can!
Vraith wrote:THOOLAH haven't been dormant since last started arriving...they've been RAMPANT.
Correct! I wonder why that is? Obviously, it's not because we have been provided with three books that proved our intuitions about Linden in the 2nd Chrons true!
Vraith wrote:
But, Linden, can only whinge and moan like a juvenile, and as an adult can only whine and mope.
Also correct! I may have been wrong in my initial assessment of your post :twisted:
Vraith wrote:THOOLAH's radical theocratic righteousness
What insight! Ours' is truly a Sacred Mission!
Vraith wrote:[and the ability to read whole sentences in one sitting... :twisted: ] ...shifted my perspective.
You would be banned for this is the 'Tank. I'm not sure how many logical phallacies, ad hominorroids and conflatulations you have committed here, but it's as bad a case of gas as I've ever come across. The half of the sentence I read seemed to accurately describe your intellectual capacity and attention span. Remarkable insight and honesty for one who is so benighted. However, to have to stoop to thoroughly insulting yourself to defend your position just shows how far from the True Path you are!

It is never too late THOOLAH will always welcome you with open arms once you have seen the Light!

THOOLAH! THOOLAH! THOOLAH!

u.

P.S. Apologies to Sffasia for highjacking his thread, but blasphemy must be combatted wherever it is found! :biggrin:
Are posted on the door,
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

ussusimiel wrote:P.S. Apologies to Sffasia for highjacking his thread, but blasphemy must be combatted wherever it is found! :biggrin:
:roll: ;)
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

ussusimiel wrote: [edit edit edit, you know what you said, or you can scroll up]
editing mine...
Heh...that was funny stuff. :lol:
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
ussusimiel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by ussusimiel »

Vraith wrote:
ussusimiel wrote: [edit edit edit, you know what you said, or you can scroll up]
editing mine...
Heh...that was funny stuff. :lol:
Heh, I never get to pull any of this s**t in the 'Tank, but boy am I tempted at times :twisted: For whatever reason the Linden/Thoolah stuff gives me the freedom to act the jerk under faux-serious conditions. Of course, Vraith, you are the worst/best kind of enabler for this kind of carry on :lol: If we keep this up we'll get another Watchy* for it next year :biggrin:

u.

*Now that you are back in the fold Sffasia you'll be able to vote in the Watchies next year (and you never know you could end up in play for one yourself :lol: )
Are posted on the door,
Sffasia
Stonedownor

Post by Sffasia »

Wow, im oob(out of board, is that understandable?) for the weekend n so many Linden posts. Kinda regret leaving the door ajar for so long. Can I ban or delete posts OT my re-summonsing? I wasnt first 2 mention LA in Last Chrons nor did I think my opinion of her would bring such a barrage of non-responsive postd :lol: Nvm after lurking for so long I knew there was outright WAR between all factions; just didnt figure to get in the middle in my intro thread. Pls refrain from recruiting me to any side. Im neither LA, OPAL nor THOOLAH. Can I be switzerland, instead?

If you point me to anither thread, ill go read there instead. Pls dont continue here. You're not gonna change my mind n im not gonna change yours, so can we agree to disagree here. We can argue about more in a specific thread if you like, just not here, thanx.

But since there's already so many posts abt it, i want the last word here: Linden seems precursor to Bella of twilight fame (movies not books, since i never read them) except
Spoiler
she doesn't ever do anythig to change the course of the story except almost die n give birth to Renesmmee unlike the other precog vampire (cant remember her name, i think the atress is Ashley Greene)
, whereas Linden
Spoiler
at least heals the Sunbane , I think
(dont remember when I last read 1&2TC) maybe b4 even ROTE came out.

Ok go, point me to a thread where we can argue about this or start/tell me to start a new one. :wink:
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

(donning moderator hat, setting aside all opinion of characters)

There is seldom much chance on Kevin's Watch of discouraging off-topic posts. In fact, many of the Holy Order of Off-Topic Posters (THOOOTP, of which my esteemed co-mod is the Queen) consider it their duty to redouble such efforts at the suggestion that they cease.

Having so warned Sffasia, I nevertheless encourage posters to honor our returned member's request. Leave this thread in peace and take the War of Linden to the many other threads where it has a robust life.
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

~ Barbara Reinhold

~ George Bernard Shaw
Sffasia
Stonedownor

Post by Sffasia »

:biggrin: i actually know this from lurking here n other places like westeros.org forum but i wasnt thinking/just wanted to give it a try. Appreciate the effort SD n hope the lack of response from others isnt a sign of being ignored/taking ur ball home becos i didnt play with you. Sorry if the metaphor/phrasing is inapt/inept, being asian n not USAn, not sure of the right thing to say here. If yall r gonna b quiet here, thanx for respecting my request n ill go find where the war between THOOLAH, LA n OPAL is goin on n stick my $0.02 there.

Return to “The Summonsing”