ROTE, FR, AATE, TLD

Moderators: Cord Hurn, danlo, dlbpharmd

Frostheart Grueburn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Frostheart Grueburn »

Poking ice with a stick...

Chap 3: Not Dead to Life and Use (dissection already written, requires but a few fixes)
Chap 11: Of My Deeper Purpose

I can has moar :?:
Damelon
Lord

Post by Damelon »

I'll take Part One, Chapter 10 - But While I Can
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

Frostheart wrote:Poking ice with a stick...

Chap 3: Not Dead to Life and Use (dissection already written, requires but a few fixes)
Chap 11: Of My Deeper Purpose

I can has moar :?:
Got you down. If we ever get any interest in dissecting, I may have to ask those of you with multiple chapters to give something up.
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

Damelon wrote:I'll take Part One, Chapter 10 - But While I Can
Thanks, Damelon!
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

Chap 2: Nightfall, please.

Just as lurch dissected the first chapter of AATE and I did the second, so shall it be for TLD.

Tradition!
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

Savor Dam wrote:Chap 2: Nightfall, please.

Just as lurch dissected the first chapter of AATE and I did the second, so shall it be for TLD.

Tradition!
Thanks, SD! It's yours!
lurch
The Gap Into Spam

Post by lurch »

Yes,,okay..I've finished my dissect of Chapter 1. I am ready for another chapter to dissect,,yet..I am reminded of Woody Allen's quip,",A joke dissected , dies on the operating table"...I am not saying TLD or The Last Chrons are a joke, even tho on 2nd and 3rd read,,more little jokes seem to be springing out of the works everywhere.
I Am Saying...dissecting brings discovery and at end of dissecting, especially waiting for the feed back and interchange of the dissect,,can be deathly..or somewhat less than the fun of discovery.

So c'mon gang. Take a chance with a re read and a dissect . There is fun in discovering something new.
If she withdrew from exaltation, she would be forced to think- And every thought led to fear and contradictions; to dilemmas for which she was unprepared.
pg4 TLD
Cord Hurn
Servant of the Band

Post by Cord Hurn »

[quote="Frostheart"]While Effy may have gone rampant with the culmination of the chrons, why would you pick a chapter you're not interested in when so many choices remain? ;)
[quote]

I realize with the "wink" emoticon that you're teasing, but I'll give an answer, anyway.

It's because I'm a relative "newbie" who doesn't want to step on anybody's toes, so to speak, by taking a chapter they had hoped to get (I'm willing to bet "The Aid Of The Feroce" is nobody's favorite chapter). Plus, Frosty, if I do a lousy job, I can always blame it on the source material (I'm kidding, of course. I'll try to do my best, and I think I'm on record as being a fan of The Last Dark--or I am now, anyway.) ;)
Frostheart Grueburn
The Gap Into Spam

Eeh, judging by the reviews you've done in the other forum, wouldn't worry about 'a lousy job'. ;) Besides, everyone does these with their own style. I was a 'relative newbie' when I did my first dissection, and the worst two chapter hoarders here *cough* aren't even native English speakers.
lurch
The Gap Into Spam

Post by lurch »

Chapter 5 is a real masterful work,,,I can't believe a SRD fan has not stepped forward to dissect that hum dinger..Therefore, I request to dissect Chapter 5 of Part ONE..." Coming"....unless there is a volunteer without an assignment who wants to cover it...
If she withdrew from exaltation, she would be forced to think- And every thought led to fear and contradictions; to dilemmas for which she was unprepared.
pg4 TLD
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

lurch wrote:Chapter 5 is a real masterful work,,,I can't believe a SRD fan has not stepped forward to dissect that hum dinger..Therefore, I request to dissect Chapter 5 of Part ONE..." Coming"....unless there is a volunteer without an assignment who wants to cover it...
Thanks!
Frostheart Grueburn
The Gap Into Spam

lurch wrote:Yes,,okay..I've finished my dissect of Chapter 1.
So cease lurching and post it. :P
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

ahem...while we may end up being a bit more freeform about it this time, for prior dissection cycles, the mod has set a schedule of expected dates, allowing a few weeks between chapters for discussion of the current chapter dissection before the next is posted.

dlb has not yet done that, nor said "Go!"...and I surely am more than a few weeks from being ready to provide my dissection of the second chapter. If lurch does as Frosty asks and posts his now, the wait for mine will seem quite long. :oops:
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
Frostheart Grueburn
The Gap Into Spam

:P
Didn't someone once suggest giving me a Watchy for being "the most impatient of the lot"?
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

~ Barbara Reinhold

~ George Bernard Shaw
lurch
The Gap Into Spam

Post by lurch »

yes, after new years is the expectation, and befitting to the story. I'm always adjusting as new thoughts emerge anyway so the time isn't being fretted away. The dissect may already be a two poster. How many characters are we allowed per post?
pg4 TLD
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

I'd like to have all chapters assigned before laying out a timeline and starting the dissections. With the lackluster response to this project, we could be waiting a while.
kevinswatch
"High" Lord
Location: In the dark, lonely cave that dwells within my eternal soul of despair. It's next to a Pizza Hut.

Post by kevinswatch »

No promises, but if I have time, and you all are willing, I may like to do a short writeup of Part 1, Chapter 4, only because it's awesome.

-jay
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

We have that chapter assigned, but I'll let you know if something comes up.
Linna Heartbooger
Are you not a sine qua non for a redemption?

Post by Linna Heartbooger »

Would to take a chapter or two.
I'm not choosing which one yet: only finished the first 7 chapters so far. Sorry bout that.

Has everybody been mailing peeps who've done previous dissections and who they've enjoyed having discussions with?
I'm kind of excited about this. :)
"People without hope not only don't write novels, but what is more to the point, they don't read them.
They don't take long looks at anything, because they lack the courage.
The way to despair is to refuse to have any kind of experience, and the novel, of course, is a way to have experience."
-Flannery O'Connor

"In spite of much that militates against quietness there are people who still read books. They are the people who keep me going."
-Elisabeth Elliot, Preface, "A Chance to Die: The Life and Legacy of Amy Carmichael"

Return to “Last Chronicles”