hello from brooklyn

Hey Newbies, over here first ;) Come on in and tell us more about yourself. IMPORTANT: For new members, please read "New Members Only" BEFORE registering.

Moderators: Savor Dam, Menolly

medusanyc
Servant of the Land

hello from brooklyn

Post by medusanyc »

hey everyone.

happened to discover this message board after i started reading the last chronicle. long time fan of TC. started reading right after WGW came out and have read everything he has done since (minus the detective books)

held off on reading the last chronicles as i wanted to make sure it got finished (still bought the hardcover 1st editions but only put them on the shelf). once the last book came out picked it up and read all of them. just starting the last dark. have to say i have enjoyed the last chronicles and books 2-3 have been a real roller coaster of excitement.

any way nice to be here.

andy
Cord Hurn
Servant of the Band

Post by Cord Hurn »

Hail and welcome, medusanyc!

There's all kinds of topics to delve into on this website (music, art, cooking, sports, politics, creative writing, history, etc., etc., etc.), and especially a lot of places to discuss the great writer Stephen R. Donaldson (and other writers)...myself, I haven't read either the detective novels or the Gap series as yet, but I intend to do so this year. I think I will probably like them, because I have loved reading SRD's short story collections, Mordant's Need books, and of course the Covenant books. I can relate to what you're saying about the Last Chronicles, because I've enjoyed them a lot (particularly Fatal Revenant).

Nice to have you on board, medusanyc, and hope you'll feel free to make yourself at home! :welcome:
medusanyc
Servant of the Land

Post by medusanyc »

the gap series was top notch and well worth reading. mordants need was also very good but a step below the gap series.

other favorite authors number one is probably Philip K Dick then other big favs are roger zelazny michael moorcock and of course tolkein. as far as non fantasy is concerned i enjoy chricton and haruki murakami
ussusimiel
The Gap Into Spam
Location: Waterford (milking cows), and sometimes still Dublin, Ireland

Post by ussusimiel »

Welcome to the Watch, medusanyc!

There's lots of Chronicles and SRD stuff here. When you've finished TLD you may want to join the hidden TLD forum (it's probably best not to join before finishing as thread titles alone would be spoilerific).

You probably already know that there's lots of other stuff to talk about here: literature, politics, films, music, sport, gaming etc.

There's also info about the Elohimfest the next gathering of Watchers with SRD in Albuquerque on Sat, June 21st this year. All are welcome, especially noobs, which is why I hope to go! :lol:

Be Wecome and True!

u.
Tho' all the maps of blood and flesh
Are posted on the door,
There's no one who has told us yet
What Boogie Street is for.
lorin
The Gap Into Spam

Post by lorin »

Brooklyn! Wow I thought I was alone in the Spoiled Plains. :wink:

Welcome!
medusanyc
Servant of the Land

Post by medusanyc »

where in brooklyn?

oops long island is not brooklyn.
lorin
The Gap Into Spam

Post by lorin »

medusanyc wrote:where in brooklyn?
Nope, worked 20 years in Brooklyn but just moved to Lawn Guyland. I've lived most every boro and south Jersey. But now sadly I live in the world of beemers, pedicures and megamalls.
medusanyc
Servant of the Land

Post by medusanyc »

doesn't sound like you are the typical long island denizen ;)
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

medusanyc...you are a master of understatement.

No, lorin is not typical in any way, shape or form. A fact that is cause for celebration!

{belatedly dons Summonsing mod hat}

Welcome to the Watch, medusanyc!

May you thrive here, have those snakes buzz-cut, and contribute.

Watchers have a variety of attitudes about being turned to stone. Some do so quite willingly, others not. I live in the US state of Washington. 'nuff said.
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Be Welcome to the Watch, Andy.
Be Well Come and True.

I was born in Brooklyn, but left the boroughs a long time ago.
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Welcome to the Watch, medusanyc. Are you responsible for all the statues in the city that look like people? If so ... cool. Please join in. Perseus hasn't been around a while. Do you known any good Greek restaurants? :)
medusanyc
Servant of the Land

Post by medusanyc »

thanks everyone! glad to be here. my board name harkens back to the heyday of online deathmatch and the world of quake and quakeworld clans. officially it was medusa[NYC]

wish i could turn some people to stone. might be quite a boon!
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

medusanyc wrote:thanks everyone! glad to be here. my board name harkens back to the heyday of online deathmatch and the world of quake and quakeworld clans. officially it was medusa[NYC]

wish i could turn some people to stone. might be quite a boon!
I look at your avatar, and suddenly think

FLAGRANT SYSTEM ERROR
COMPUTER OVER
VIRUS=VERY YES

and my world turns blue.

time to be checkin m'email, checkin m'email...
or maybe a trip to Murfreesboro.

20 sided die-ed.

Anway, welcome.
I'm sure more of the teen girl squad be along to give you some rah rahs.
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
medusanyc
Servant of the Land

Post by medusanyc »

virus = very yes! and the compy just peed my carpet.
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

hi medusanyc
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
sindatur
The Gap Into Spam

Post by sindatur »

Welcome to the Watch MedusaNYC
I Never Fail To Be Astounded By The Things We Do For Promises - Ronnie James Dio (All The Fools Sailed Away)

Remember, everytime you drag someone through the mud, you're down in the mud with them

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain

Where are we going...and... WHY are we in a handbasket?

Iolanthe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Iolanthe »

Hello medusanyc :wave:
I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order!

"I must state plainly, Linden, that you have become wondrous in my sight."
Lord Foul
<i>Elohim</i>

Re: hello from brooklyn

Post by Lord Foul »

Greetings, medusanyc.
medusanyc wrote:the gap series was top notch and well worth reading.
Perhaps you might wish to join the Gap Cycle dissections once they start again - that is, after the TLD dissections.
medusanyc wrote:wish i could turn some people to stone. might be quite a boon!
Ah, with this way of thinking you might be not completely hopeless...
Vraith wrote:I'm sure more of the teen girl squad be along to give you some rah rahs.
Excuse me...? Didn't you forget to take off your pink glasses with those 20cm lenses - or did you exclude me in that statement?
I have many names... and may play many roles

So that it's clear: I'm not the Lord Foul who was on the Watch before, from 26.10.2002 to 16.06.2012
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

Lord Foul wrote:
Vraith wrote:I'm sure more of the teen girl squad be along to give you some rah rahs.
Excuse me...? Didn't you forget to take off your pink glasses with those 20cm lenses - or did you exclude me in that statement?

Of course not...I'm sure you are completely suited to be a member of teen girl squad.
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
Lord Foul
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Lord Foul »

Vraith wrote:I'm sure you are completely suited to be a member of teen girl squad.
Now wasn't this a really, really dirty joke? :twisted:
I have many names... and may play many roles

So that it's clear: I'm not the Lord Foul who was on the Watch before, from 26.10.2002 to 16.06.2012

Return to “The Summonsing”