Scions: Rules and Discussion

Moderator: [Syl]

Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Sorry, what I meant was that players can manage (and publish, if they feel like it) their own maps. And that those are as trustworthy as the players themselves.

But that insuring honesty or whatever isn't necessarily the Autarch's job.
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

That's a great idea.
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Colu
Ramen

Post by Colu »

Change of plans.

TIME
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Carry on with current Inferno. Not that I actually know what the hell I'm doing in there. (I didn't know it had stopped...)

--A
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

I have settled on my first choice of domain for Pandō: Gifts.
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

OK! That's five named and domained! (I think? Goat?) Av and balon, what's it gonna be?! You know I'm on the edge of my seat with this stuff!!! Lol. Hey, I might have another player. He'll know in the next day or two.
All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

Don't look at me; I'm named The Numen, and domained Knowledge (now that you've given up Mind). This is known. I texted you about it hours ago, at least.
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Yup. Just wanted the official count here. :lol:
All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
caamora
The Purifier

Post by caamora »

I think we have an interesting group of deities this game.
The King has one more move.
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Kinda exciting! :D
All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
The Numen
Giantfriend

Post by The Numen »

caamora wrote:I think we have an interesting group of deities this game.
True story. I feel like there are no bad guys. Nothing that's necessarily bad, anyway, like Strife or Excess. Time, Destiny, and the Sea might be played as fickle Gods, or they might be benevolent forces.

Likewise, Knowledge could go for the betterment of the people, or as a harsh master bending all to its consuming need to catalog everything and KEEP IT ALL THAT WAY. I haven't decided how I want to play them, yet.

Gifts and Light seem pretty clearly on the good side, though of course they're still both broad enough that they aren't weak if pressed by someone else. (Also, the German word "Gift" means "poison" in English. So that always makes me wonder about what the Hell is wrong with English speakers.)
Nothing rhymes with orange!
MsMary
The Gap Into Spam

Post by MsMary »

I'm reading and still kind of interested, but feeling like the game talk is greek to me, so not sure. Also, I'm busy getting ready for Passover, so wondering if I should just watch. Not sure how time consuming this will be.
"The Cheat is GROUNDED! We had that lightswitch installed for you so you could turn the lights on and off, not so you could throw lightswitch raves!"
- I'm always all right.
- Is all right special Time Lord code for really not all right at all?

- You're all irresponsible fools!
- The Doctor: But we're very experienced irresponsible fools.

THOOLAH member since 2005

EZBoard Survivor
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

MsMary, I will warn you...it can become all encompassing! ;)
...especially if Fist gets a hold of your text number.
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Game talk isn't necessary. You can do nothing more than email your moves to Syl. In the past, Syl has been fine with no-frills turns. If you're the goddess of War, your turn could be nothing more than "I use my 2 DSP to give my prophet incredible skill with the sword." If your character has to interact with another character, it can be done as players, via email, PM, text, IM, whatever. If you want to throw in a game post here or there, go for it.
All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
caamora
The Purifier

Post by caamora »

The Numen wrote:
caamora wrote:I think we have an interesting group of deities this game.
True story. I feel like there are no bad guys. Nothing that's necessarily bad, anyway, like Strife or Excess. Time, Destiny, and the Sea might be played as fickle Gods, or they might be benevolent forces.

Likewise, Knowledge could go for the betterment of the people, or as a harsh master bending all to its consuming need to catalog everything and KEEP IT ALL THAT WAY. I haven't decided how I want to play them, yet.

Gifts and Light seem pretty clearly on the good side, though of course they're still both broad enough that they aren't weak if pressed by someone else. (Also, the German word "Gift" means "poison" in English. So that always makes me wonder about what the Hell is wrong with English speakers.)
I was really just mentioning it because of the domains. When I first started playing Pantheon, most of us had basic domains i.e., love, weather, earth, war. The domains for Scions seem less tangible and more manipulative to me. Just an observation....
The King has one more move.
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Could be someone is bad, or at least not a saint. but it would be interesting to see what we could do if we were able to use our power to build what we want, instead of using it to fight and build defenses. Of course, there's always adventurers to screw with us.
All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Fist and Faith wrote:but it would be interesting to see what we could do if we were able to use our power to build what we want, instead of using it to fight and build defenses.
Yes, yes, yes!!!

:thumbsup:
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

You know what would make this game really good? Syl! Where the hell is Syl!
All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
The Numen
Giantfriend

Post by The Numen »

caamora wrote:When I first started playing Pantheon, most of us had basic domains i.e., love, weather, earth, war. The domains for Scions seem less tangible and more manipulative to me. Just an observation....
Uh... you realize you just lumped "love" into the "more tangible and less manipulative" category.

I don't think it means what you think it means.
MsMary wrote:I'm reading and still kind of interested, but feeling like the game talk is greek to me, so not sure. Also, I'm busy getting ready for Passover, so wondering if I should just watch. Not sure how time consuming this will be.
The best part is that you can decide your own level of time commitment. Even if Fist gets your phone number, just don't respond to him. After only 2000 or so texts, he'll get the hint and quit pestering you. Luckily, that only takes him about four hours. (He can't text as quickly as his children. He's such a luddite.)

But more seriously, it's more fun and engaging for everybody, the more everybody else engages. But there's no harm in stepping back if things pick up in real-life.
Nothing rhymes with orange!
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

It was a work weekend (3 12-hr shifts). Don't worry; I've been keeping up, and I'll have some stuff ready tomorrow for you guys to start.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner

Return to “Scions Of Eiran”