Insanity of the Left

Archive From The 'Tank
Gaius Octavius
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Gaius Octavius »

Avatar wrote:The left was paranoid about martial law under Bush, and that he wouldn't leave office and all that stuff.

It's all just fighting about trading places is all. :D

--A
If that's true, then fair enough. Of course, I hardly remember the Bush years that well because much of it happened during my childhood. Not leave office? Come on. :lol:

Bush obviously would never do anything like that. He's a pretty decent man, and I find it absolutely hilarious that a man that should get a lot of respect from Republican voters outright refuses to vote for/endorse Trump for re-election.

We literally haven't had a true Republican president since Bush. Trump is just a pretender.
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Trump is a master of fake it till you make it ... who has made such a habit of faking it, is still doing it.
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

Ur - the Pelosi thing will register with those who are sick of elites getting away with breaking the rules/laws that we subject must obey.

And aren't you from America? Bush jr is hardly a "True" Republican.

Sky - you made no point, just a baseless attack.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Definitely not baseless 😏

Based on all the BS he comes out with ;)
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Obi-Wan Nihilo
Still Not Buying It

Post by Obi-Wan Nihilo »

Ur, your naivete is showing. W was anything but a "true Republican". He seemed like a decent guy, but he was owned by the neocons and the corporations.
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

Someone on here didn't know what a neo-con was. Who was that?
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Obi-Wan Nihilo
Still Not Buying It

Post by Obi-Wan Nihilo »

sgt.null wrote:Someone on here didn't know what a neo-con was. Who was that?
That was Nano. He says he doesn't remember the Bush years.
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

He is a little younger but I don't think he is that young.

The Bush years were okay, but god-damn that Patriot Act shit, with its "exclusion zone" where Constitutional freedoms are not as strictly observed and all the hyper-militization of the police (we have an entire thread on that).

Anyway....how insane do you have to be to try and pay honor and respect to a man whose claim to fame is "I violated a restratining order and tried to stab some cops"?

The Left. *sheesh* These are the people who would gladly contribute money to help build a statue in honor of the man who killed Hitler.
The Tank is gone and now so am I.
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Not what anyone was gunning for Hashi ... the point is that nothing he did or may have done justified shooting him in the back 7 times in the presence of his three sons, or whatever they are .... nothing.

He was wrongfully shot and the cop that shot him wil have to answer for what he did.
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

I don't disagree that the shooting was probably not entirely justified, but I am not going to honor him for that because that is not honor-worthy. The cop(s) in question will wind up being relieved of duty/fired but they aren't going to face serious criminal charges because Blake is not dead.
Obi-Wan Nihilo
Still Not Buying It

Post by Obi-Wan Nihilo »

Hashi Lebwohl wrote:He is a little younger but I don't think he is that young.
ur-Nanothnir wrote:Of course, I hardly remember the Bush years that well because much of it happened during my childhood.

Hashi Lebwohl wrote:The Bush years were okay, but god-damn that Patriot Act shit, with its "exclusion zone" where Constitutional freedoms are not as strictly observed and all the hyper-militization of the police (we have an entire thread on that).
Exactly, and every so-called conservative that posted here at the time was furious about those things.
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Hashi Lebwohl wrote:I don't disagree that the shooting was probably not entirely justified, but I am not going to honor him for that because that is not honor-worthy.

The cop(s) in question will wind up being relieved of duty/fired but they aren't going to face serious criminal charges because Blake is not dead.
Fair enough ... we are not required to honour him but we are required to treat him equally. And it is the unjustified shooting that flags the flaws in equality.
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

Skyweir wrote:Not what anyone was gunning for Hashi ... the point is that nothing he did or may have done justified shooting him in the back 7 times in the presence of his three sons, or whatever they are .... nothing.

He was wrongfully shot and the cop that shot him wil have to answer for what he did.
THIS is why he was shot and why officers react this way.

You can wade through this very graphic video or start at about 2.30, when they turn the taser off and try to handcuff him, only to have him restart the battle, get away, as he reaches into the car, the two officers take out their revolvers. Even with that, he is able to get a firearm from inside the car and shoot both officers.

So dont give me any platitudes about how this was an unlawful killing by a police officer. They do NOT have to wait on someone to pull a gun to assume their lives are in danger and THIS is why.

And with that I will start my break from KW.

I hope some of you have a great Labor day holiday!
We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch Image
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

If only that was directly relevant to the shooting in question but its not.

I agree the police absolutely need to be aware and respond to threats and the risk of threats.

But Blake was unarmed, walking back to his car to check on his kids.... and he was shot 7 times while the officer held the scruff of his tshirt neck .. 7 times has got to be a red flag ... 7 times is not a disabling tactic ... 7 times is an excessive use of force .. with the muzzle shoved up against his back.

Not possible to call self defence, or it a precautionary response ... it was demonstrably reactionary ...
Milwaukee ABC affiliate WISN spoke to Blake's fiancé, Laquisha Booker, who said two of their kids were sitting in the back of the car when Blake was shot by police. She claimed the officers threatened to shoot her as well.

"They didn't even know the kids were in the car, and I'm telling the woman cop, 'Can you please?' She said, 'Get back before I shoot you,' I'm like, 'Shoot me? My kids are in the car,'" Brooks said.

Referring to Blake's being shot, Brooks added, "It wasn't just one shot -- 'Let me just put you down for a little bit.'

That man just literally grabbed him by his shirt and looked the other [expletive] way and was just shooting him with the kids in the back screaming. Screaming!

While I'm trying to fight this woman cop, saying, 'Let me get my kids out the car.' Her telling me no, they're handling it."

Booker told WISN she never called police and wasn't sure why they were there. She said her fiancé wasn't armed and didn't own any guns or weapons.

"It doesn't make sense to treat someone like that," Booker told WISN.
https://abcnews.go.com/US/family-invest ... d=72675684
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

He was not going to check on his kids; instead, he was going to grab a weapon so he could attack the cops some more.
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

Sky - Blake was reaching for a weapon. His life was forfiet.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Haven't really been following this one, was there a firearm in the car and was it illegal?

If there was, was it at any time visible to the police?

--A
Gaius Octavius
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Gaius Octavius »

Can any of you provide proof there was a weapon and that it was actually visible to cops? All I see is a possible excessive use of force trying to be covered up by certain political actors with a character assassination.
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

I posted links to a number of sources that debunked the weapon assertion.

Blake didn't even bend over before he was shot 7 times in the back.

The incessant presumption that black people are all armed is also an assertion that is debunked by the following article shared by Nihilo
When the New York Police Department tried to reduce violent crime by stopping pedestrians, questioning them, and patting them down for weapons, the overwhelming majority of the people subjected to such treatment were black or Hispanic. And when they were frisked, which happened about half the time, police almost never found guns and rarely discovered weapons of any kind.

Id be the last person to suggest law enforcement officers take unreasonable risks - but in this scenario allegedly every single police unit were at the scene .. they had opportunity to immobilise him without shooting him in the back at close range 7 times ... which in itself smacks of a reactionary knee jerk response.

His three kids were in the car and clearly he was wanting to check on them - as any parent would.
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

Av - https://justthenews.com/government/loca ... and-during

To the greater point. Blake struggled with officers. He shrugged off the taser. And contrary to ur and Sky; police do not hsve to wait to have one of their oen killed before rescting. He was ordered to surrender. He chose not to.

Sky - if Blake gave a damn about the kids he would not opened the door to the car. What in his actions leads you to believe he was a responsible parent? The accused rape of the mother? #metoo.
The violation of the restraining order? His wrestling with police? And whst does it matter how many times he was shot? At that proximity his knife could have easily killed the officer. Or maybe his desire was to take the kids with him as a lesson to the mother?
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...

Return to “Coercri”