Fortitude

Talk about all your favorite series, shows, programs, news anchorpeople, ect.

Moderators: Cagliostro, sgt.null

aTOMiC
Lord

Fortitude

Post by aTOMiC »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fortitude_(TV_series)

Whilst searching for a new series to binge watch I happened across a picture for the show Fortitude which featured the actor Stanley Tucci of whom I am a fan. When I read the summary I suspected that I may have found what I was looking for. Strange happenings in an isolated town near the Arctic Circle. After watching the first episode I was hooked. I like the setting very much but it was the characters and subject matter that sealed the deal. I am almost through the second season, which was filmed last year, and am looking forward to more. The aforementioned Stanley Tucci character lived up to my expectations and season 2 features Dennis Quaid. The production is cinema quality with excellent direction and acting across the board.

Worth a look IMHO. :D
"If you can't tell the difference, what difference does it make?"

"There is tic and toc in atomic" - Neil Peart
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

If it's not good enough to earn a square in your signature, then I think you are only half committed to this show. :D

Maybe I'll check it out. Sounds a bit like Fargo and/or Whiteout.
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Will suggest it to the GF...she likes Stanley Tucci too.

--A
aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

Avatar wrote:Will suggest it to the GF...she likes Stanley Tucci too.

--A

Be warned Fortitude features the usual gore, language and sexual content consistent with pay television service productions like GOT, Westworld etc.

I know, shocking. :-)

ps Fortitude is an Amazon series.
"If you can't tell the difference, what difference does it make?"

"There is tic and toc in atomic" - Neil Peart
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

I have been watching this series, and so I am resurrecting this old topic.

First: It's really good.

Second: What I really want to say is that, about 3/4 through the first season, I had an epiphony. Fortitude is the perfect Stephen King story.

No, SK did not write this. However, if you imagine a Stephen King story done perfectly, where he doesn't botch the ending, where there is equal parts drama and suspense and horror and wtf, and where it draws out slowly and tensely and ratchets up every little bit ... this is that story. When you watch it, the whole thing has this vibe that feels like King.

It has the small town where everyone knows everyone. It has the noble Sherriff running around trying to hold things together. It has the hapless townspeople who just can't stop becoming suspicious of each other. It has an ancient evil that someone had to unbury. It has the mysterious government agent that you are never sure what he's really after. It has possessed people wandering in the snow in a really spooky way.

Watch it. Especially if you like King stories. It takes a while for it to get moving -- and that's one of it's best features.

Return to “TV Shows”