Work Tales.

Free, open, general chat on any topic.

Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

And everything will appear to be fixed, until the next time it rains. ;)

--A
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

aTOMiC wrote:
In spite of the fact that the building I work in isn't all that old many of the ceiling tiles are stained by roof leaks. Seems every summer, during the worst of the Tropical storm season, we find new leaks. You know, because of the "sideways rain". Heh, we're used to it here in Florida as rain rarely just drops harmlessly out of the sky. It gets hurled with amazing force by turbulent gusts of wind. :-) Anyway I see a roofing contractor out in the parking lot so maybe today they'll start patching holes. :biggrin:
How'd it handle Irma?

Random work story - my workplace uses corn-based packing peanuts. They're nice because they're environmentally friendly and they smell like cereal. The downside to that is that mice find them irresistible. So now I'm dealing with a mouse party in the warehouse.

Oh, a change is coming, feel these doors now closing
Is there no world for tomorrow, if we wait for today?

Cord Hurn
Servant of the Band

Post by Cord Hurn »

Sorus wrote:
aTOMiC wrote:
In spite of the fact that the building I work in isn't all that old many of the ceiling tiles are stained by roof leaks. Seems every summer, during the worst of the Tropical storm season, we find new leaks. You know, because of the "sideways rain". Heh, we're used to it here in Florida as rain rarely just drops harmlessly out of the sky. It gets hurled with amazing force by turbulent gusts of wind. :-) Anyway I see a roofing contractor out in the parking lot so maybe today they'll start patching holes. :biggrin:
How'd it handle Irma?

Random work story - my workplace uses corn-based packing peanuts. They're nice because they're environmentally friendly and they smell like cereal. The downside to that is that mice find them irresistible. So now I'm dealing with a mouse party in the warehouse.
The environmentally-friendly nature of the packing peanuts as insulation is something I can relate to. 8)

The crunching sounds of the mice in the walls would get on my nerves, however. :-x

Definitely sounds like a mixed blessing, Sorus! :goodnevil: :?
Cord Hurn
Servant of the Band

Post by Cord Hurn »

Avatar wrote:And everything will appear to be fixed, until the next time it rains. ;)

--A
That's the way it seems to work for me as well, alas! :wink:

Post by Avatar »

Sorus wrote:So now I'm dealing with a mouse party in the warehouse.
Bring the cats to work. :D

--A
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

I suggested getting a cat for the warehouse, but I don't think they took me seriously.

Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Hahahaha!!! That whole situation is hilarious! Ahh .. the house that Jack built ๐Ÿ˜
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling ๐Ÿ˜Š :D ๐Ÿ˜Š

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR

Post by Avatar »

Sorus wrote:I suggested getting a cat for the warehouse, but I don't think they took me seriously.
On the other hand, then you'd be cleaning up little furry mouse corpses...

--A
peter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by peter »

A lady customer who is a regular came to the counter the other day and said in a straight faced tone "This isn't what it looks like." Looking down at her items I saw a pair of rubber gloves, a bottle of baby lotion and a cucumber. 8O
The truth is a Lion and does not need protection. Once free it will look after itself.

....and the glory of the world becomes less than it was....
'Have we not served you well'
'Of course - you know you have.'
'Then let it end.'

We are the Bloodguard
Khaliban
Watchman, Second Class

Post by Khaliban »

My supervisor at my last job criticized me for not working Sunday overtime, because I was running the Chicago Triathlon.
"This is the sort of bloody nonsense up with which I will not put."

Smashwords: Discovered Mate: A Tale of Desire and Chess

Some Stories: FanFiction or Archive Of Our Own
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

peter wrote:A lady customer who is a regular came to the counter the other day and said in a straight faced tone "This isn't what it looks like." Looking down at her items I saw a pair of rubber gloves, a bottle of baby lotion and a cucumber. 8O
I used to play WoW with a guy who was an ER doctor. He would regale us (whether we wanted or not) with tales of people coming in with various things stuck in various orifices. Lightbulbs were a favorite, or at least the favorite most likely to land one in the ER.

peter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by peter »

Sorus wrote:
peter wrote:A lady customer who is a regular came to the counter the other day and said in a straight faced tone "This isn't what it looks like." Looking down at her items I saw a pair of rubber gloves, a bottle of baby lotion and a cucumber. 8O
I used to play WoW with a guy who was an ER doctor. He would regale us (whether we wanted or not) with tales of people coming in with various things stuck in various orifices. Lightbulbs were a favorite, or at least the favorite most likely to land one in the ER.
I have heard that such practices go on but for the life of me can't imagine the fun in it; still - there's room for all sorts. ....... No - I didn't mean..........! :lol:
The truth is a Lion and does not need protection. Once free it will look after itself.

'Then let it end.'

We are the Bloodguard
Cagliostro
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cagliostro »

I've never understood lightbulbs there. Why would you want to put something where you don't want to get cut that is made of glass and could break? Do you think it might light up and turn on when you get turned on? I don't get it. A slightly warmed carrot works just fine.

I may have said too much.
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
So get wasted all of the time
And you'll have the time of your life
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

peter wrote:
Sorus wrote:
I have heard that such practices go on but for the life of me can't imagine the fun in it; still - there's room for all sorts. ....... No - I didn't mean..........! :lol:
Hahahaha!! Trevor took a job putting X-ray film into microfiche for hospital records - back in the day when microfiche was THE THING!! Funny the guy he worked for offered him his future (in microfiche) .. but he continued at Uni in law!! But he was greatly tempted to jump on the microfiche train. Sadly it ran out of tracks .. and well .. that's all history now ๐Ÿ˜

But the things he saw!! Yep light bulbs, bottles... vibratory, knitting needles, pins , screws (also things people swallowed... ) .... *shudders* must be a love pain thing .. can't even imagine!!! ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿค”.. Lots of lube???? ๐Ÿ˜ฌ *stop imaging* ๐Ÿค๐Ÿค•๐Ÿ˜ฑ
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling ๐Ÿ˜Š :D ๐Ÿ˜Š

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR
deer of the dawn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by deer of the dawn »

Geehh, getting back to G-rated... when I taught Kindergarten I would introduce basic punctuation. I had so far showed kids the period, comma, apostrophe, and question mark. I was writing a sentence on the board and pointed to an apostrophe and asked if anyone could remember what it was called.

After a moment I called on a little boy raising a tentative hand. "An abomination?"

I died.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle. -Philo of Alexandria

ahhhh... if only all our creativity in wickedness could be fixed by "Corrupt a Wish." - Linna Heartlistener
peter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by peter »

:lol: Lovely!

(Apologies deer, for the straying into the land of r-rated! :oops: )

'Then let it end.'

We are the Bloodguard
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

Hey, I was deliberately restrained. I could have added details that'd make your hair curl. :P

(Assuming your hair isn't already curled. That's a stupid expression. Where did it come from? Now I must look it up.)

peter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by peter »

:lol: No - such hair as remains to me is white and cut to a respectable half inch length (for both ease of maintenance and maintenance of dignity purposes - or because it's the only cut my wife has mastered. ;) ).

'Then let it end.'

We are the Bloodguard
deer of the dawn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by deer of the dawn »

And mine has always been poker-straight. :D Don't worry, I'm pretty thick-skinned.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle. -Philo of Alexandria

ahhhh... if only all our creativity in wickedness could be fixed by "Corrupt a Wish." - Linna Heartlistener

Post by Avatar »

These days I shave my head.

Ah, the joys of returning to work after a week off and starting to sift through 250+ emails...

--A

Return to โ€œGeneral Discussion Forumโ€