'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Wosbald
A Brainwashed Religious Flunkie

Post by Wosbald »

Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

The legality of settlements in Israel is not up to the United States to decide. That is an internal Israeli matter only; Pompeo is playing to the evangelical crowd.
The Tank is gone and now so am I.
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Agreed ... he is.

And that is a worrying trend to set.
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Wosbald

Post by Wosbald »

+JMJ+

Vatican makes apparent rebuke of US shift on Israeli settlements in unusual communique

Vatican City -- The Vatican appeared to make a rare public rebuke of a U.S. foreign policy decision Nov. 20, issuing a statement to reiterate its support for a two-state solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict just days after the U.S. gave its blessing to Israeli annexation of Palestinian territory.

While the unsigned "communication from the Holy See" does not refer specifically to U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo's Nov. 18 decision to no longer consider Israeli settlements in the West Bank a violation of international law, it references "recent decisions that risk undermining further the Israeli-Palestinian peace process."

"The Holy See reiterates its position of a two-state solution for two peoples, as the only way to reach a complete solution to this age-old conflict," the statement continues, before pointedly adding: "The Holy See supports the right of the State of Israel to live in peace and security within the borders recognized by the international community."

It is highly unusual for the Vatican to respond to individual decisions of world governments. Holy See diplomats tend to prefer to work quietly, advancing issues of international peace and diplomacy behind the scenes and with little fanfare.

The Nov. 20 statement is even more unusual in that it comes as Pope Francis is not at the Vatican, but making a seven-day trip to Thailand and Japan.

[...]

The Vatican's Nov. 20 statement was released officially in Italian and English, alongside a working Spanish translation. It ends by saying the Holy See hopes that Israelis and Palestinians "may find a fair compromise, which takes into account the legitimate aspirations of the two peoples."

================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================

Comunicato della Santa Sede, 20.11.2019 [B0898] [Official English Translation]

[...]

Testo in lingua inglese

In the context of recent decisions that risk undermining further the Israeli-Palestinian peace process and the already fragile regional stability, the Holy See reiterates its position of a two-state solution for two peoples, as the only way to reach a complete solution to this age-old conflict. The Holy See supports the right of the State of Israel to live in peace and security within the borders recognized by the international community and supports the same right that belongs to the Palestinian people, which must be recognized, respected and implemented.

The Holy See wishes that the two Parties, negotiating directly with each other, with the support of the international community and in compliance with United Nations resolutions, may find a fair compromise, which takes into account the legitimate aspirations of the two peoples.

[01899-EN.01] [Original text: English]

[...]

wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

It's apparent that Trump will stop at nothing to obtain Jewish votes.
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

That's right--what kind of politician panders for votes? The very idea!
Obi-Wan Nihilo
Still Not Buying It

Post by Obi-Wan Nihilo »

Kind of kills the, "Trump's Antisemitic" meme though.
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Agreed

Though you would hope that he at least isnt anti semitic given his son inlaw is Jewish,

However, I think he is likely more catering to his evangelical base, rather than American Jewish voters. He hasnt done so well with that demographic.
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Yeah, never thought he was anti-Semitic. Pretty much agree about the evangelical base though. Dunno how well it will go down with Jewish voters...some no doubt, but aren't they traditionally a democrat bloc?

--A
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

Avatar wrote:Dunno how well it will go down with Jewish voters...some no doubt, but aren't they traditionally a democrat bloc?
That is the problem they are facing because the Democrat Party has become so pro-Palestinian lately that they might as well be anti-Israel. Many of them--especially younger ones like those in The Squad--openly support BDS.
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Obi-Wan Nihilo wrote:Kind of kills the, "Trump's Antisemitic" meme though.
Not in the least little bit.
TheFallen
Master of Innominate Surquedry

Post by TheFallen »

Although not directly related to the subject, in the world's least surprising breaking news, Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu has been charged with multiple counts of corruption
Newsflash: the word "irony" doesn't mean "a bit like iron" :roll:

Shockingly, some people have claimed that I'm egocentric... but hey, enough about them

"If you strike me down, I shall become far stronger than you can possibly imagine."

Post by Wosbald »

+JMJ+
wayfriend wrote:
Obi-Wan Nihilo wrote:Kind of kills the, "Trump's Antisemitic" meme though.
Not in the least little bit.
Tru dat.

"Killing" Antisemitism is not about buying-off Jewry. Rather, it's only about not being Antisemitic. It's a daily grind, not a deal-of-the-century.

We'll see if Trump brings his 'A'-game tomorrow. Not holding my breath, but hope springs eternal.

Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

TheFallen wrote:Although not directly related to the subject, in the world's least surprising breaking news, Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu has been charged with multiple counts of corruption
There IS still justice in this world.

I hope all corrupt leaders meet the self same fate.
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

Haven't they been sitting on these Netanyahu charges for months now? I guess they figured they had better prosecute them now before he somehow manages to dodge them.

What are the odds that he gets replaced by someone almost just like him, though?
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

The odds are always there but if those who ARE corrupt get held to account for their abuses of power then THAT is a good thing imv.

Actually its been years theyve wanted him for charges of corruption.
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

By "just like him" I meant "hardliner", not "corrupt".
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Ahh right 👍
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR

Return to “Coercri”