QUESTION

Free discussion of anything human or divine ~ Philosophy, Religion and Spirituality

Moderators: Xar, Fist and Faith

peter
The Gap Into Spam

QUESTION

Post by peter »

What is going to happen when the elite level across the worlds societies [or World Society if you prefer] decide that the huge percentage of humanity disenfranchised by increasing tech and AI capabilities, serve no useful purpose in respect of their [the elite's] interests and in fact serve only to faster deplete the world's already scarce resources and increase environmental degradation at a rate hugely higher than if they were not present at all.

[Brought about by thinking about a convergence of two of the main issues we face - that of increasing redundancy in the workplace as a result of technical innovation and of course that of environmental damage caused in proportion to population size.]

{Prince Phillip by all accounts once said that he'd like to be reincarnated as a pathogenic virus that could wipe out ninety-five percent of humanity.}
The truth is a Lion and does not need protection. Once free it will look after itself.

....and the glory of the world becomes less than it was....
'Have we not served you well'
'Of course - you know you have.'
'Then let it end.'

We are the Bloodguard
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

What scarce resources? We have plenty of resources now, the issue is distribution.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
peter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by peter »

Well, that in itself would only add fuel to the create-consume-discard-create cycle wouldn't it with it's environmental consequences. Z. once said that the world could easily support a hundred billion people at need - but would the 'movers and shakers' ever allow such a world to develop?
The truth is a Lion and does not need protection. Once free it will look after itself.

'Then let it end.'

We are the Bloodguard
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

I don't see why not.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

mmm... this is quite a loaded question. Who are these elite?

And to Prince Phillips statement .. that "wish" sounds remarkably psychopathic.

Its a widely recognised dilema that the planet can't sustain burgeoning population growth. Finite resources are finite and are in decline.
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR
peter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by peter »

Yes, I agree the question makes lots of assumptions that are questionable, and in questioning them we question the questions validity as .......errr.......a question in the first place (don't we?).

:lol:

Well ok damnit, I just wanted to kick off a debate that would generate some activity in the Close. It's been too quiet in here! ;)

'Then let it end.'

We are the Bloodguard
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

:LOLS:

Nope .. 😏 we have been going hammer and tongs in the Billy Graham and Intent thing mawstchit πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

All good Pete .. just expand the parameters .. hey you can go in any direction you want .. lol πŸ˜‚.. Im a little perplexed by that Prince Phillip said .. god πŸ™„
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Revolution, that's what.

--A
peter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by peter »

Being perplexed/enraged/amused by what Prince Philip says is a national sport in the UK! There might be some people he hasn't offended in the course of his public life, but they're few and far between. This time it's merely 95 percent of the world population (starting from the poorest up no doubt). :lol:

'Then let it end.'

We are the Bloodguard
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

So who are the elite that rule the world .. Im assuming your not referring to .... girls ... πŸ‘§πŸ‘§πŸ‘§πŸ‘§πŸ‘§πŸ‘§

:LOLS:

🎼🎧🎼 Who rules the world .... 🎼🎧🎼
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

peter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by peter »

Good link WF! Hawking was unconventional in many ways in terms of his thinking, and you're dead right; AI is always going to be the heart of a question like this - and even bring's us back to a possible answer to Sky's point/question - who exactly are these 'elite'. The chilling answer to this [which indeed I had not considered] is that, who's to say they will even be human? 8O

'Then let it end.'

We are the Bloodguard
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

8O
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR