More Human Than...

Technology, computers, sciences, mysteries and phenomena of all kinds, etc., etc. all here at The Loresraat!!

Moderator: Vraith

Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

More Human Than...

Post by Vraith »

I was gonna put the thing below to work in other threads...
Remember how I've said, regarding AI and consciousness, etc...that we have a long history of using things way before we understand them?
That we don't have to understand everything about how the mind works to get to work doing things making people and everything better?
Seen my near latest reiteration that we don't NEED any "new" properties/forces for mind stuff?

BUT, Really, I thought it would just be cool to have a thread dedicated to tech/discoveries that enhance people. There are related/specific [like the bionic arms thread]

CYBORGS RULE!! This is the place for news on steps/tech to becoming-cyborg!

https://singularityhub.com/2018/04/10/t ... 0-percent/
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

I will take one--where can I sign up to have one implanted?
The Tank is gone and now so am I.
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Wow 8O

... thats phenomenal :biggrin:
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

This is primitive and awkward...I suspect that could be solved pretty quickly.
The ideas they mention for uses are SO limited!!
I can think of so much more, especially in a near-future improvement/iteration.
But cool---or would be if it didn't look like you had a hard time deciding if you were a hockey goalie or the lead in phantom of the opera...

https://singularityhub.com/2018/04/11/m ... 1ab6lskgrt
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

Pair the AlterEgo with a voice synthesizer and it will allow for speech in situations where someone can't speak or doesn't want to speak. Pair it with a short- or medium-range communication device and you can get in-the-field, real-time surveillance from someone who has managed to stealthily put themselves into a great position.

Put it on your cat so you can finally figure out what they are meowing about. Probably "feed me" or "let me out" but it could also be "bow to me, earthling".
Cord Hurn
Servant of the Band

Post by Cord Hurn »

Hashi Lebwohl wrote:Pair the AlterEgo with a voice synthesizer and it will allow for speech in situations where someone can't speak or doesn't want to speak. Pair it with a short- or medium-range communication device and you can get in-the-field, real-time surveillance from someone who has managed to stealthily put themselves into a great position.

Put it on your cat so you can finally figure out what they are meowing about. Probably "feed me" or "let me out" but it could also be "bow to me, earthling".

LoL...I suspect the translation is, "Bow to me, earthling." :twisted:
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

:LOLS:
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

Cord Hurn wrote:
Hashi Lebwohl wrote:

LoL...I suspect the translation is, "Bow to me, earthling." :twisted:
With cats it always is.
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Vraith wrote:This is primitive and awkward...I suspect that could be solved pretty quickly.
The ideas they mention for uses are SO limited!!
I can think of so much more, especially in a near-future improvement/iteration.
But cool---or would be if it didn't look like you had a hard time deciding if you were a hockey goalie or the lead in phantom of the opera...

https://singularityhub.com/2018/04/11/m ... 1ab6lskgrt
I think you should get on with that ;) What do you need πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Damn cats. :D

--A
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

I think you meant to bow .. then say ... damn majestic cats .. and back out bowing progressively till you exit the hall

... just saying .. they dont care for that rude disrespectful shit πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

So, now I don't have to worry about getting meningitis or tumor or whatever in my brain, leaving my killer blinged-out abs thighs and pecks with nothing to do:
There is very strong reason to believe that we can produce cells that would be completely resistant to all known viruses," said Dr. Jef Boeke, a geneticist at New York University and a co-leader of the project. "It should also be possible to engineer other traits, including resistance to prions and cancer."
https://singularityhub.com/2018/05/15/s ... 3ec935pcyi
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Maybe we need evidentiary proof of sass killerblinged out abs, thighs and pecks ;) :lol:

Just saying πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ

:P

But more seriously .. wow that is far out .. rewriting a cells genetic blueprint and unlocking super powers. Synthesising genomes from scratch .. 😳
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

Skyweir wrote: Maybe we need evidentiary proof of sass killerblinged out abs, thighs and pecks ;) :lol:
Not blinged out NOW, the ones I'm gonna buy!
[[[not many people know this, it's secret, but you can put a down-payment on your future bod with Elon Musk. My model is SWEET! I went with deluxe options, like the gun-metal six-pack, with platinum cloisonne and emerald-cut black opal innie.
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

You and your cyborg fettish ..

How would your wife react to your ... gun metal six pack etc etc do you imagine πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

Skyweir wrote:You and your cyborg fettish ..
He isn't the only one. I want a prosthetic eye with a wireless webcam built in, complete with low-light setting and the ability to record video. Of course, what I really want is a USB slot wired into my brain--run the wiring across the shoulder and down the arm with the slot port in the forearm, input a large stick of memory (1 TB at first, then upgrade later), then access all the information whenever I want. An implanted communication device which can allow me to subvocalize a phone call would be nice, as well.
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Youre both quite mad πŸ˜‚
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

Hashi Lebwohl wrote:
He isn't the only one. I want a prosthetic eye with a wireless webcam built in, complete with low-light setting and the ability to record video. Of course, what I really want is a USB slot wired into my brain--run the wiring across the shoulder and down the arm with the slot port in the forearm, input a large stick of memory (1 TB at first, then upgrade later), then access all the information whenever I want. An implanted communication device which can allow me to subvocalize a phone call would be nice, as well.
Warden Dios would be jealous.

Oh, a change is coming, feel these doors now closing
Is there no world for tomorrow, if we wait for today?

Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

Sorus wrote:
Hashi Lebwohl wrote:
Warden Dios would be jealous.
Somewhat in that vein...I want to spy with my cyber-eye all the way down to infrared and microwave, and well into ultraviolet. And micro-, and tele-scoping. [in addition to H's capabiliteye.]

Return to β€œThe Loresraat”