Mobile games

Zap! Woo hoo! High score! Computers, Consoles, and everything electronic.

Moderators: Cagliostro, lucimay, Creator, Sorus

Cagliostro
The Gap Into Spam

Mobile games

Post by Cagliostro »

Nobody really discusses mobile games here, but they consume me since I got an iPad, and maybe a little before then.
I'm playing Harry Potter: Wizards Unite as I thought the kids would enjoy it. As it is, it is too hard for them. They are willing to walk around with me all over the place though.
And then it struck me this morning - this is just a penmanship app. And for anybody that has attempted to read my writing can attest, I'm not very good at it.
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
So get wasted all of the time
And you'll have the time of your life
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Can't play games on my phone. :D But even if I could, I wouldn't. Probably not the case in every instance, but by far the majority of those games are designed to part you with your money on a continual basis.

--A
Cagliostro
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cagliostro »

Yep. But then again, so are many others on consoles and the PC. Star Wars Battlefront 2 anyone?
And while I have played many mobile games, I have only ever dropped $10 of real money on these games. And I really could have avoided that one, especially since I have stopped playing that game.
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

I play Pokemon Go rather avidly. We have a really good community where I am.

Go ahead, call me (and several millions) lame. But if you only played it for a week when it first came out, you really could not understand what it has become since.
Cagliostro
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cagliostro »

I didn't have a smartphone, but saw from a friend, what Pokemon Go was at the beginning, and without battles, didn't really hold my interest. Now I understand they are in the game, so I'm interested, but know how mobile games are. First they start simple and fun, and with people who work on the games trying to justify their jobs, get more and more complicated and less fun. I've seen it a heap, so I like getting in when a new game starts, and abandon it when either I (a) have to pay real money to make it fun again, or (b) lose interest. I've been through many at this point.
With that, I decided to give the Harry Potter game a try as it is the same general idea of the other but new and somewhat simple.
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

F2P all the way.
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Cagliostro wrote:Yep. But then again, so are many others on consoles and the PC. Star Wars Battlefront 2 anyone?
Haha, I don't play games with "loot boxes" either. :D

--A

Return to “PC & Console Games”