El Camino

Talk about all your favorite series, shows, programs, news anchorpeople, ect.

Moderators: Cagliostro, sgt.null

Zarathustra
The Gap Into Spam

El Camino

Post by Zarathustra »

Netflix has a Breaking Bad sequel movie! It follows Jessie's actions immediately following the end of the series, along with some flashbacks to flesh out the story.

Given the nearly perfect ending to this series, one has to ask: Was this movie necessary to the narrative? Did it add anything? Did it advance the story? As good as this movie is, the answer is: Not really. The end of BB shows that Jessie has escaped his imprisonment and forced meth-making, as well as his reluctance to take revenge and kill Walt. That seems to wrap up his character, and we can imagine the redemption that he finds as he turns this page in his life, putting it all behind him.
Spoiler
The movie shows the immediate fallout of Walt's raid and Jessie's escape from the authorities. It shows his efforts to get out of town. And it finally shows him escaping to a new life in Alaska. Now, the final glimpse of him driving away with a thoughtful look on his face is quite a contrast to the last shot of him in BB where he looks almost manic in his escape--and that's a nice touch. I also like how he has decided to own his destiny, rather than just go with the flow (where the "universe takes him"). But again, all these things could have been imagined. I like having it depicted, but there are no surprises here. It's exactly what you'd expect him to do.
Joe Biden … putting the Dem in dementia since (at least) 2020.
SleeplessOne
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by SleeplessOne »

I wonder what Vince Gilligan will turn his hand to after El Camino given he has ceded control of Better Call Saul to Peter Gould.

Whatever it is I will give it my time as I find him to be a wonderful storyteller.

Return to “TV Shows”