Experience with edibles?

Free, open, general chat on any topic.

Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

High Lord Tolkien
Excommunicated Member of THOOLAH

Experience with edibles?

Post by High Lord Tolkien »

I've never had any luck smoking pot.
Tried it off and on over the years but never really noticed anything other than a scratchy throat.
And yes, I was doing it right. The people I was with were experts. :biggrin:

Recreational is legal in Mass so I checked out a dispensary.
I've seen banks with a lot less security!
Brand new state of the art facility.
It was ridiculous.

Also the employees were so helpful and so glad to answer all my newbie questions I felt like I had stepped into an alternate reality.

I didn't want to smoke it because I'm not a fan of the smell so I tried some chewies.
I made sure it was the happy kind not the kind that makes you sleepy.

The few people I know that use them all said that 2 was all i should take to get started and the place I went to had a good reputation. So it should be legit stuff.

I got a pack of 10, took 2 and........nothing.
2 hours later, nothing so I took another.
2 hours later...nothing so I took another.
Maybe I felt a little weird, kinda like after a few beers I'm not sure.
I'm not sure what I was expecting to happen but I expected to be a little silly or something.
Eventually I went to bed.

A few days later I tried again.
After 3 spread out in a few hours I did feel kinda odd but in a nice way.
But that was it.

Tried the last 3 a few days later.
Nothing.

I got another batch of 10 and so far not having much results.

Anyone have any tips or want to share stories?
https://thoolah.blogspot.com/

[Defeated by a gizmo from Batman's utility belt]
Joker: I swear by all that's funny never to be taken in by that unconstitutional device again!

Image Image Image Image
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

Damn. Thought you were offering...
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
High Lord Tolkien

sgt.null wrote:Damn. Thought you were offering...
If I ever make it to an Elohimfest I'll bring you some (provided it's legal wherever we are) :lol:

Joker: I swear by all that's funny never to be taken in by that unconstitutional device again!

Image Image Image Image
Cheval
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cheval »

I've tried edibles only a few times. (Cookies and gummies)
To me, it is a different "high" than smoking.
It felt more of a relaxing body experience, whereas smoking is more of a head buzz.
Have you hugged your arghule today?
that unleashed the power of our imagination -
we learned to talk."

It's 4:19...
gotta minute?
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

High Lord Tolkien wrote:
If I ever make it to an Elohimfest I'll bring you some (provided it's legal wherever we are) :lol:
If you drive down to Texas. 😃
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
peter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by peter »

Okay, first thing is that hash, like coke, is a hit that the mind has to 'learn'. As a long term smoker (now quit), I well recall my first few smoking sessions where I seemed to be getting nothing where everyone else was clearly getting high. It took four or five sessions over the course of a week, ten days, and then suddenly I began to get it. After that it was plain sailing.

Eating hash has always required a higher quantity to be consumed than smoking. Typically with old style hash much less than a quater ounce was a waste of time. And yes - the buzz is somewhat different. I can't really say how qualitatively - it's difficult to describe - but it is so. I always preferred to smoke than to eat - but would happily consume a hash cookie if one was on offer. I like the sudden kick of a good toke on a spliff beter though.

Lastly, I am far from convinced as to the benign nature of cannabis as pushed by the legalizers; long term usage has, I think, subtle effects rarely discussed; it's propensity to exacerbate any pre-existing psychological problems one might have - increasing anxiety and the like - is a serious effect that is rarely discussed. Also, the simple draining of motivation that usage brings about. It's simply easier to sit down and roll another joint than to get out and live your life. These things I have experienced first hand. But if you do decide to go down this route, it's okay - it isn't going to wreck your life overnight. It's a very long term kind of deleterious effect and one easily reversed by simply putting it down. But one big bit of advice. Stay away from the super-charged varieties of skunk and the like that are around now. Their effects are much more unpredictable than even the strongest of the old naturally grown varieties, and can cause serious psychotic episodes. Stick with naturally produced stuff or if you don't know what you are smoking, test out a small quantity first, say a single skinner with just a pinch of the stuff in question in it.

That's about it really.

:)
The truth is a Lion and does not need protection. Once free it will look after itself.

....and the glory of the world becomes less than it was....
'Have we not served you well'
'Of course - you know you have.'
'Then let it end.'

We are the Bloodguard
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

No experience. No advice to offer. :lol:
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
High Lord Tolkien

peter wrote:Okay, first thing is that hash, like coke, is a hit that the mind has to 'learn'. As a long term smoker (now quit), I well recall my first few smoking sessions where I seemed to be getting nothing where everyone else was clearly getting high. It took four or five sessions over the course of a week, ten days, and then suddenly I began to get it. After that it was plain sailing.

Eating hash has always required a higher quantity to be consumed than smoking. Typically with old style hash much less than a quater ounce was a waste of time. And yes - the buzz is somewhat different. I can't really say how qualitatively - it's difficult to describe - but it is so. I always preferred to smoke than to eat - but would happily consume a hash cookie if one was on offer. I like the sudden kick of a good toke on a spliff beter though.

Lastly, I am far from convinced as to the benign nature of cannabis as pushed by the legalizers; long term usage has, I think, subtle effects rarely discussed; it's propensity to exacerbate any pre-existing psychological problems one might have - increasing anxiety and the like - is a serious effect that is rarely discussed. Also, the simple draining of motivation that usage brings about. It's simply easier to sit down and roll another joint than to get out and live your life. These things I have experienced first hand. But if you do decide to go down this route, it's okay - it isn't going to wreck your life overnight. It's a very long term kind of deleterious effect and one easily reversed by simply putting it down. But one big bit of advice. Stay away from the super-charged varieties of skunk and the like that are around now. Their effects are much more unpredictable than even the strongest of the old naturally grown varieties, and can cause serious psychotic episodes. Stick with naturally produced stuff or if you don't know what you are smoking, test out a small quantity first, say a single skinner with just a pinch of the stuff in question in it.

That's about it really.

:)

Damn. I only kind of know what you said. :lol:
But thank you, good to know.
I think what is legally sold in the States is, if compared to Movie ratings, only G rated.

I have heard from many people that it takes a while and several uses for the body to "get into it" so to speak.
So I'll keep trying a few more times and then stick to booze.

Image Image Image Image
Gaius Octavius
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Gaius Octavius »

High Lord Tolkien wrote:
Is it okay if I bring some people I know who work for the DEA? :lol:
High Lord Tolkien

Tonight I got some sugarfree lemonade and added some vodka.
Very nice.
Have a nice buzz going on that I only felt once with the weed chewies.
But as usual I'm probably going to be asleep in a few minutes.
Alcohol always makes me sleepy.
:lol:

Image Image Image Image
peter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by peter »

One thing with dope (that's the old UK name for hash/weed)/cannabis) is that you can get as stoned as can be in the evening and you wake up fresh as a daisy the following day. There is no such thing as a 'weed hangover' - it simply doesn't happen. This is a major advantage over alcohol.

Another interesting point is that unlike alcohol, for any given type of hash, there was (and I say 'was' deliberately - I can't speak for the modern 'supercharged' varieties) an upper limit to the level of 'stonedness' any particular variety could take you to. I'm speaking in respect of smoking here rather than eating (which I don't really know about but believe it's possibly true as well), but if say you bought some bog-standard Moroccan, you could smoke it all night and never get beyond a plateau at say level 1. Red-Leb could get you higher (with a single joint) than the Moroccan ever could with ten. Then you went up to the 'black-hash' varieties from Afghanistan and Pakistan and ultimately up into the best of the best (and rarest) from Nepal (the famous 'temple-balls') and Thai-sticks and the like. But irrespective of how strong the variety, never so much as a whisper of a trace of it the following morning.

Just going back to the eating thing - I think if you eat above a certain threshold quantity (of any variety) you will simply go to sleep. Certainly happened to me when I had to chow down on half an ounce of black when the police were coming up the path one-time. Took a couple of hours but then I just flaked for twelve hours and woke up bright as a button. In fact, iirc, the only recorded case of anyone ever attempting suicide by consumption of hashish was a soldier in the Napoleonic Wars who ate some inordinate quantity, crashed, and woke two days later after the armies had disappeared and in full possession of all his faculties. Sounds like the clever money to me!

;)
The truth is a Lion and does not need protection. Once free it will look after itself.

'Then let it end.'

We are the Bloodguard
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Best hash I ever had was Indian Charas, smoked through a traditional chillum of course. (Bom Shiva!) :D I dunno how much hash is a thing in the new US legalised system.

I don't like eating it. I don't like the high, and I don't like the delay, because it means you can't really control the dose.

With smoking, you can feel the effects and stop when you've had enough.

Whatever you do, don't mix alcohol and weed though. Can have very unpleasant effects if you don't know what you're doing. :D

--A
peter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by peter »

:lol: The dreaded 'spins'! Where you lie in bed holding on with white knuckles prior to what is an inevitable dash toward a conversation with the big white telephone!

;)

'Then let it end.'

We are the Bloodguard
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

:LOLS:

We call it "Green Fever." :D

--A
High Lord Tolkien

Took me a minute to figure out what "big white telephone" meant. :lol:

Image Image Image Image
peter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by peter »

A chillum is a brutal thing though isn't it Av; the hit is certainly a powerhouse way of getting the best out of any particular kind of hash, but it's probably meant for grass rather than hash mixed with tobacco. The latter makes it very harsh if my memory serves me right. Now for a good pure hash hit, a nice little pipe (or even a pin and bottle) works best for me!

:S

There's your best bet HLT - get yourself a small pipe and try smoking some pure hash crumbled into it over a few days (maybe one/two pipes a day). The buzz will come (always assuming you are getting some decent stuff and not being sold some oxo cube or ghee or whatever). Stay away from the eating until you know what the hit is all about first.

'Then let it end.'

We are the Bloodguard
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Cheval wrote:I've tried edibles only a few times. (Cookies and gummies)
To me, it is a different "high" than smoking.
It felt more of a relaxing body experience, whereas smoking is more of a head buzz.
Ive only tried them once ... and it was not great for me lol :lol:

My hubs made firecrackers with canna-butter and they were delish ... I ate a whole one .. a!!! :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

I CANNOT DO EDIBLES ... a few hours later I was passed out in the bathroom ... and when I came to I puked my guts out .. lol :haha: never ever again

That shit went right to my head ... then dive bombed to my stomach and ripped me in two ..

I couldn't stand ... kept fainting and Trev told me after he wondered if he should call the ambulance ... I went straight to bed and slept it all off .. felt a bit grodie the next morning .. but hey now I know ;) ... really bad trip :P
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR
peter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by peter »

:lol: Nah - that's just a bad reaction to eating some pretty strong shit.

A bad trip is when you drop a great big fuck-off tab of brown acid and twenty minutes later you've entered the worst nightmare you've ever had....... magnified by a hundred! A bad trip is when if you don't have seriously good friends around you to shepherd you through the next ten hours, to hold your hand, dry your tears and hug away your screams then you are dead. A bad trip is when five years in a mental hospital recovering to the point where you can be let out and people will just accept you as mad is a good result!

That's a bad trip!

;)

'Then let it end.'

We are the Bloodguard
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Well I am glad Ive not had a bad trip
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Avatar wrote:I don't like eating it. I don't like the high, and I don't like the delay, because it means you can't really control the dose.

With smoking, you can feel the effects and stop when you've had enough.
Wish I could find Nick Swarsdon talking about that. Eating it, feeling nothing immediately, so eating more and more. A half hour later you're "violently stoned." Just sitting in a corner telling yourself "Breath. Breath."
High Lord Tolkien wrote:Took me a minute to figure out what "big white telephone" meant. :lol:
Ditto :lol:
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon

Return to “General Discussion Forum”