Foundation

Talk about all your favorite series, shows, programs, news anchorpeople, ect.

Moderators: Cagliostro, sgt.null

Zarathustra
The Gap Into Spam

Foundation

Post by Zarathustra »

The seminal science fiction work by Isaac Asimov has finally gotten its proper treatment onscreen as a TV series on Apple TV. I have only watched the first episode, but the production value, the screenplay, and the acting are all top-notch. I can’t wait to see where this goes. Anyone else watching?
Joe Biden … putting the Dem in dementia since (at least) 2020.
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

I dont have Apple TV however that piques my interest. I think I will do a re-read and then see if I can find this show outside of Apple TV.
We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch Image
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

When I first saw the trailers the thought that ran through my mind was "how have they not done an adaptation of this already?".

I really want to watch this one...but not so much that I will get an Apple TV profile. I am glad to hear that the script and acting are high quality.
The Tank is gone and now so am I.
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

The GF has been watching it...lets say that they have taken some...liberties...from what I hear.

--A
Zarathustra
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zarathustra »

I've given up. This show has almost nothing to do with the books. And it's boring. No reason to watch it.
Joe Biden … putting the Dem in dementia since (at least) 2020.
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

Zarathustra wrote:I've given up. This show has almost nothing to do with the books. And it's boring. No reason to watch it.
Thanks, I'll cross this off my list.
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

I watched the first episode, and it was pretty good. I am disappointed to hear they are not really staying true to the books. If I watch any more of it, I will just treat it like its a new show and not actually Foundation by Asimov
We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch Image
Damelon
Lord

Post by Damelon »

I’m on a free trial with Apple+ so I watched the first episode. I thought it was good, interesting characters, action started going at about the right time. It’s been a while since I read the books so I don’t really know how close the series is to them. When I get some free time I’ll check out the other two.
Damelon
Lord

Post by Damelon »

I got through the first season. They changed parts of it from what I remember significantly: a couple of the changes I thought were good, one was irritating to me for a sci fi series. One of their big reveals in the last episode I guessed at a couple episodes before.

I’m looking forward to the next season. Bel Riose is supposed to have been cast. I don’t know if the Mule will be.
Damelon
Lord

Foundation

Post by Damelon »

Season 2 is scheduled to come out on July 14. I’m looking forward to it. Inspired by the Foundation books is a pretty accurate description but I got into it. If you already have AppleTV it’s worth checking out, imo.

Return to “TV Shows”