Series That Never End

A place for anything *not* Donaldson.

Moderator: I'm Murrin

Immanentizing The Eschaton

Series That Never End

Post by Avatar »

Fist and Faith wrote: Meaning it took you four hours to read instead of three?
LOL, meaning after I read it I was like "what the hell was going on there?"

Real in medias res stuff. :D

--A
peter
The Gap Into Spam

Series That Never End

Post by peter »

Avatar wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 2:49 pm Uh, that series never ends either. :D (Anyway, I preferred the Crystal Singer (And Lyon's Pride) series.

Anyway, Wheel of Time did end. 14 door-stoppers, but it ended. :D (And a few in the middle were terrible.)

I'm resigned to GoT never ending, and starting to worry about Rothfuss' Name of the Wind (and there's only 3 of those!) (Damn you @[Syl]. ;) )

Feist's "Midekemia" books are also pretty never-ending, but they never got really bad. (And they do seem to have ended.) A couple dubious ones to be fair though.

The Brooks / Goodkind stuff though...well I never even start those. :D I did read the first three Shannara books, but very long ago and never again. :D "Cashgrab" sorta series get old really fast.

--A
Av - you're making a mistake in writing off the Terry Goodkind Sword of Truth series.

I'm on the second book now and despite my earlier comments on it being a 'series that never end' example, it's turning out to be very good reading. I decided to continue with the first book simply because I'd started it and it was okay; by the end I was pretty impressed and so borrowed the second from my library. The first third of this pretty voluminous tome has however switched up a gear and morphed into some of the best storytelling I've read in a long time.

I'm working on the principle that I'll keep going with the series until either I get bored with it or it just becomes dull and overworked, but at the moment the book I'm on is clearing a pretty high bar.

:)
The truth is a Lion and does not need protection. Once free it will look after itself.

....and the glory of the world becomes less than it was....
'Have we not served you well'
'Of course - you know you have.'
'Then let it end.'

We are the Bloodguard

Return to “General Fantasy/Sci-Fi Discussion”