Skyrim: A Rare Sighting.

Zap! Woo hoo! High score! Computers, Consoles, and everything electronic.

Moderators: Cagliostro, lucimay, Creator, Sorus

peter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by peter »

I've put hundreds of hours into Skyrim - probably thousands. Three or four completed play-throughs, right up to level 80+ where you fight the ebony warrior. I've become guild lord of the thieves guild and have travelled every road thousands of times. I don't fast travel because I just love the appearance of the game, and every vista has a hundred different looks dependant upon the time of day or the weather conditions.

But this I've never seen before until a couple of days ago.

I was riding across the central plain heading west out of Whirerun (a good distance out actually), and I saw, over the brow of a hillock in front of me, a shimmering disturbance in the air. Intrigued, I headed over and lo, before my eyes was The World Eater Alduin, raising a dragon skeleton out of a dragon mound. He spoke in toungs of old Dragon Speak and ashe did so the skeleton became enfleshed until finally a proud new dragon took to the air in front of me.

It was a thing of great beauty and reverence, and quietly I slipped my sword back into its scabbard and turned away.

Then I thought, "The hell with it," and using my nightweaver bow and an archery improving circlet, I shot the bugger down! (No I'm kidding - I did no such thing!)

But seriously, it was great that after so long, so many playings and so much time, the game could still come up with new things. Seriously, the best game ever made or what!
The truth is a Lion and does not need protection. Once free it will look after itself.

....and the glory of the world becomes less than it was....
'Have we not served you well'
'Of course - you know you have.'
'Then let it end.'

We are the Bloodguard
TheFallen
Master of Innominate Surquedry

Post by TheFallen »

Peter, since you're clearly a Skyrim aficionado...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G97xdpy ... fO3hH9jBav

I think you might find this sort of thing amusing. There's a full playlist at that link.

For info, Viva La Dirt League are a bunch of Kiwis who have been making Youtube skits about RPGs for several years now. Their fictional world is called "Skycraft", and I think you'd be able to identify with plenty in there.
Newsflash: the word "irony" doesn't mean "a bit like iron" :roll:

Shockingly, some people have claimed that I'm egocentric... but hey, enough about them

"If you strike me down, I shall become far stronger than you can possibly imagine."
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

I must say I have seen that, I seem to recall that it is triggered at a certain point in the main story, after which it is a "random encounter" that you have a chance of seeing while travelling.

--A
peter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by peter »

Hey TF! Thanks for the link; will check it out! (Hope all's well with you and yours.)

Yes Av - it might actually be my memory playing tricks with me.

The play-through I'm on, I haven't actually done the main quest, and it may be that I'm just randomly on the bit where it comes in and had simply forgotten about it.

Don't get old man, don't get old!

;)

(By the way guys - sorry if my replies are tardy. I'm not getting email notifications anymore and I'm not good at checking that little box thing at the top of the screen. Old dogs and new tricks etc, if you get what I mean.)
The truth is a Lion and does not need protection. Once free it will look after itself.

....and the glory of the world becomes less than it was....
'Have we not served you well'
'Of course - you know you have.'
'Then let it end.'

We are the Bloodguard

Return to “PC & Console Games”