What's playing?

The KWMdB.

Moderators: dANdeLION, sgt.null

aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

danlo wrote:I know, like I said, remake-predictable--kinda like Ashley Judd movies--I mean there very good, for the most part--but after a while they look like clones...
Now that you mention it I have to agree. That is an actress that needs to shake up her career. When I heard she was up for Catwoman I was very pleased but she would have been subject to the same silly costume Halle Berry is wearing so I'm glad she opted out. Hmmm...maybe she declined because she got a look at the stupid rat-hat she was going to have to wear. Hmmm....
"If you can't tell the difference, what difference does it make?"

"There is tic and toc in atomic" - Neil Peart
Worm of Despite
Lord

Post by Worm of Despite »

Just saw Donnie Darko all the way through for the first time. I think I get it, but I'm not sure. You might wanna pm about its meaning Syl, heh. A great movie.
"I support the destruction of the Think-Tank." - Avatar, August 2008
Encryptic
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Encryptic »

Joy wrote:I have PHONEbooth, but haven't seen it yet. Any opinions?
I own it as well. Great movie that builds up a lot of tension. Colin Ferrell and Kiefer Sutherland are both pretty good.
Encryptic
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Encryptic »

Joy wrote:Have you seen Windtalkers yet? I was impressed by all 5 of the main actors. Cage, of course, was wonderfully anguished, but I was equally impressed by his partner (Adam Beach, I think?).
Finally watched Windtalkers last night. Pretty good flick. I did like Adam Beach as well. Good performance if that was his first movie (I can't recall seeing him in anything else?)
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

Windtalkers was a good flick and the real Navajo code talkers who were in the audience with me at the Albuquerque premier seemed to really enjoy it-even if the actual battle for Saipan was waged in the opposite direction as my father (who was there) tells me. Beach was good, so was Christian Slater but I feel John Woo overdid the explosions and some of the violence was absurd. Not alot but some.
fall far and well Pilots!
Furls Fire
Lord

Post by Furls Fire »

TCM is showing "Meet Me in St Louis" right now, one of my all time favorites :)

Love that trolley song!! :)
And I believe in you
altho you never asked me too
I will remember you
and what life put you thru.

~fly fly little wing, fly where only angels sing~

~this world was never meant for one as beautiful as you~

...for then I could fly away and be at rest. Sweet rest, Mom. We all love and miss you.

Image Image
Worm of Despite
Lord

Going to watch Vol. 2 of Kill Bill this Thursday with three of my friends. Woot!
Edinburghemma
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Edinburghemma »

I just watched Braveheart again last night, first time since it came out. Mel Gibson's accent????? What a scream. Actually, it's not that bad, although it does fall down occasionally and come out all Newcastle. It's funny also to see how many Cockney sparrows longshanks had in his men. mmmm. Awright guv'nor!
The reality is in this head. Mine. I'm the projector at the planetarium, all the closed little universe visible in the circle of that stage is coming out of my mouth, eyes, and sometimes other orifices also.
Brinn
S.P.O.W

Post by Brinn »

Alright Emma, Now you've gone too far!!!! :x

I've tolerated your political views and your disdain for the US government but I will not stand idly by while you skewer Braveheart which is probably the single greatest movie of all time! Now take back what you said or I will taunt you a second time! :x ;) ;)

Love,

Brinn
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. John Stuart Mill
Worm of Despite
Lord

The Godfather > Braveheart
Encryptic
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Encryptic »

edinburghemma wrote:I just watched Braveheart again last night, first time since it came out. Mel Gibson's accent????? What a scream. Actually, it's not that bad, although it does fall down occasionally and come out all Newcastle. It's funny also to see how many Cockney sparrows longshanks had in his men. mmmm. Awright guv'nor!
"Because, unlike other Robin Hoods, I can speak with an English accent."

:P
Edinburghemma
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Edinburghemma »

Brinn wrote:Alright Emma, Now you've gone too far!!!! :x

I've tolerated your political views and your disdain for the US government but I will not stand idly by while you skewer Braveheart which is probably the single greatest movie of all time! Now take back what you said or I will taunt you a second time! :x ;) ;)

Love,

Brinn
:oops: Sorry Brinn, please accept my profuse apologies. I shall never again criticise Braveheart. indeed Mel looks great in a kilt (doesn't anyone?).
What political views!!? 8O
The reality is in this head. Mine. I'm the projector at the planetarium, all the closed little universe visible in the circle of that stage is coming out of my mouth, eyes, and sometimes other orifices also.
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

I'd team up with you v. Brinn on political views, but when it comes the Braveheart, HOOT LASSIE! Don't you mess with Braveheart now. 8)
Last edited by danlo on Mon May 24, 2004 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Edinburghemma
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Edinburghemma »

I shall never dare again! Trust me, I'm a Scot!hahahahahahaha The most down-to-earth, non-argumentative people on the planet as you well know Danlo! ;)
ooh, Please could you tell mewhere's the best place to start with Zindell by the way. I am itching to start. many thanks! :D
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

What do you want to read his Sci-Fi? Start with Neverness then The Broken God. Fantasy? Start with the Lightstone then The Lord of Lies then git on over to Ahira's Hangar! 8)
Edinburghemma
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Edinburghemma »

Thank you kindly, Lordly one. I shall amazon forthwith. I think I'll start with the Sci-Fi. I am always very excited about reading something new to me that others love. It also gives you as greater perception of other people. Thanks again!
Dragonlily
Lord

Post by Dragonlily »

Watching 2 Fast 2 Furious. It's cool so far. Lots of action. It's got just as many beautiful people as the original. Only thing it lacks is Vin Diesel sitting like a lodestone in the middle of it.
"The universe is made of stories, not atoms." -- Roger Penrose
Dragonlily
Lord

Post by Dragonlily »

Terminator 2 is playing. Aaahh. :D
"The universe is made of stories, not atoms." -- Roger Penrose
Worm of Despite
Lord

Joy wrote:Watching 2 Fast 2 Furious.
:(
Chrysalis
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Chrysalis »

Joy wrote:Watching 2 Fast 2 Furious. It's cool so far. Lots of action. It's got just as many beautiful people as the original. Only thing it lacks is Vin Diesel sitting like a lodestone in the middle of it.

Vin Diesel's Chronicles of Riddick are out soon so that should make up for the loss in 2 Fast 2 Furious. ;)

Return to “Flicks”