Who are you, What do you do..

Hey Newbies, over here first ;) Come on in and tell us more about yourself. IMPORTANT: For new members, please read "New Members Only" BEFORE registering.

Moderators: Savor Dam, Menolly

FizbansTalking_Hat
<i>Haruchai</i>

Who are you, What do you do..

Post by FizbansTalking_Hat »

I am sure this has been done before, but I'm a newbie, so thats my excuse for bringing it up again.

Who are you, what do you do, means exaclty just what it asks?

I'm a 24 year old who lives in Canada, grew up in Dallas, TX, I own and run a hotel in Niagara Falls, Ontario Canada, HowardJohnson Inn www.hojofe.com (shameless plug in). I just graduated with my business degree in hospitality, so cheers to all.

Man I hope someone picks up on this thread and it starts to get more responses. Cheers.
"...oh my god - there is a nerd stuck beneath my space bar.."
- Jules - 9:34 P.M. Conversation MSN --
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

Try here for some lengthy resposes to that question :D :kevinswatch.ihugny.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=755

Have fun! :)
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Welcome, Zifnab... I mean, Fizban. I just might hit you up for a room come July 11th. Best friend's wedding... they send me info for all these expensive suites and stuff, and I just ask them if there's a Motel 6 or something. Send me a PM if you want me to pass along the info and recommendation to any of those like me who don't have reservations already.

For a more summarized version (not to mention I'm way at the bottom of the other thread), I'm a 27 (come May 14th) year-old father of one living in Chesapeake VA. I'm an electronics tech in the US Navy.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

Oh yeah, I forgot to add my little summary. I'm 23, I live in a small village near Nottingham in the UK, and I run a network marketing business.
birdandbear
The Gap Into Spam

Post by birdandbear »

Hi, my name's Annie.....

*Hi Annie*

....and I'm a Watchaholic. I'm a stay at home mom mostly, but I'm also the costumer for a local community theatre. I also act in the shows, taking turns with my husband because of the children. Right now it's my turn, and we're doing Pink Floyd's The Wall. I get to be Mother! :R :faint:

And uh....I just turned 28. ;)
"If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do."
Furls Fire
Lord

Post by Furls Fire »

Hi Annie!!! :wave:

Why do I suddenly feel like I've just been transported to an AA meeting?? :P

Okay, I've answered this one before, but I always seem to repeat myself so here we go again (short version)... I'm Tracie, 40 (EGADS!! 8O still can't believe that one!). Been married to my childhood sweetheart, Russell for 20 years. We have 9 children ranging between ages 14 years and 5 days...Stephen Isaiah was born this past saturday :D:D... I'm a stay at home mom and an AIDS Activist (a very vocal one too). We live in Oregon on the top of a mountain, which is really a dorment volcano, so the movie Dante's Peak really gave me the heebie jeebies, but Russ assures me that we aren't going to erupt any time soon. So, I think I'm safe from that, for now anyway. :P
And I believe in you
altho you never asked me too
I will remember you
and what life put you thru.

~fly fly little wing, fly where only angels sing~

~this world was never meant for one as beautiful as you~

...for then I could fly away and be at rest. Sweet rest, Mom. We all love and miss you.

Image Image
FizbansTalking_Hat
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by FizbansTalking_Hat »

9 KIDS, WOW! WAY TO GO BABE!! HAHAHa, cheers and thanks for making me feel welcome.
"...oh my god - there is a nerd stuck beneath my space bar.."
- Jules - 9:34 P.M. Conversation MSN --
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

CovenantJr wrote:I live in a small village near Nottingham in the UK
LOL You have no idea how it looks to read that! Nottingham is this near-legendary place that Robin Hood frequents, and evil sheriffs live. For me, what you say is nearly like saying, "I'm from Camelot."
birdandbear wrote:Hi, my name's Annie.....
Babe
Furls Fire wrote:I'm Tracie
Babe

I'm Eric. I live about an hour north of NYC. I work with group homes for developmentally disabled adults. Which, for my organization, almost always means mental retardation to one degree or another.
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
The Leper Fairy
The Gap Into Spam

Post by The Leper Fairy »

Hiya :) I'm Claire... I'm just a youngun :P I'm 16 so that means I'm a sophomore at a little high school in middle of Montana. Hmmm... :? I'm an only child... In the summer I lifegaurd and do swim team which I absolutely love. In the spring... er... now... I play soccer, mainly goalie 8O. And in the winter I'm always out on the mountains snowboarding 8)

Pie and Cake
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

Ah, so that's who you are! ;)
Fist and Faith wrote:Nottingham is this near-legendary place that Robin Hood frequents, and evil sheriffs live. For me, what you say is nearly like saying, "I'm from Camelot."
:LOLS: :haha:
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Hi, I'm Alan, I live somewhere in the northeast of England. I'm 18, right now heading towards my last A-Level exams, and then it's off to university at York (providing I get at least BBB), to study Maths & Physics (hopefully - that ones an ABB).
birdandbear
The Gap Into Spam

Post by birdandbear »

Hmmm....somehow Furls, "stay at home mom" sounds like a lot more work when you say it.... ;) :lol: :lol:
"If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do."
Injerian Praetus II
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Injerian Praetus II »

I'm a bug girl.
"Oh of course," the Navigator said with faint mocking in his voice, "you have probably heard of House Praetus. We have a palace on Holy Terra. Like all powerful groups, we also have our enemies. Do you honestly think someone like you matters?" - A dissolute noble.
Haruchai
Giantfriend

Post by Haruchai »

Hey, I'm Danielle 8) Like Claire, I'm also a youngun, except I'm a youngunner one - I'm 15. I live in Australia. :D ummmm, thats about it. :twisted: The Haruchai are my favourite characters ( and the best characters anyway, apart from the giants I suppose). 8)
"I see you keep a bee" - Danny Bhoy

"I'll move on when I'm ready to" - Reservoir Dogs

"Their pheremones fizzled like ice cream and lemonade" - Harvie Krumpet
variol son
The Gap Into Spam

Post by variol son »

My name is Luke and I am a 22 year old mental health worker living in New Zealand. I read SRD for depth and Terry Pratchet for laughs, and I have opinions about everything. :roll:

Sum sui generis
Vs
You do not hear, and so you cannot be redeemed.

In the name of their ancient pride and humiliation, they had made commitments with no possible outcome except bereavement.

He knew only that they had never striven to reject the boundaries of themselves.
Fettered One
Servant of the Land

Post by Fettered One »

Also a newbie...

28 years old, I'm a business analyst/project manager in NYC, but I live in Connecticut. Finished a rereading of the First Chronicles last night, off to repurchase the second chronicles, which I lost in a move, this afternoon (and should be done with *that* by next Saturday).
hierachy
Lord

Post by hierachy »

My names Bond, James Bond... well, the James part is right anyway ;)

I live in Southampton, England

I work part time at the co op :P

I also write.

But the most important thing to me is my training, everything else has to fit around that.

I like to go out with freinds, but I rarely drink.

I like music.

I go on the net alot.

heh.
Dragonlily
Lord

Post by Dragonlily »

And very clever on the net he is, too.

I haven't done an intro here before, but I may as well do a line sketch. I'm 52, live in Oregon, earn my living dealing with auto insurance companies. My vocation is book reviewing, and I have a compulsion to understand everything. (Well, maybe that's just the slightest exaggeration.)

I webmistress this site: www.reviewers-choice.com
"The universe is made of stories, not atoms." -- Roger Penrose
Haruchai
Giantfriend

Post by Haruchai »

Avalest wrote:My names Bond, James Bond... well, the James part is right anyway ;)
LOL. 8)
"I see you keep a bee" - Danny Bhoy

"I'll move on when I'm ready to" - Reservoir Dogs

"Their pheremones fizzled like ice cream and lemonade" - Harvie Krumpet
A Gunslinger
The Gap Into Spam

Who, In the Larger Sense, are ANY of US?

Post by A Gunslinger »

I live in a small towen in WI...yes, the WI you all have heard about where we all wear wedges of cheese upon our heads (sense any sarcasm?).

Anyway, I am in my mid-30's, stay fit, and am the Father to 2 over-achieving 9-year olds! I have been a devotee of Covenant since 1989, and am a huge Dark Tower fan.

I work for the State in the public safety arena. Great to know all of you!
"I use my gun whenever kindness fails"

ImageImage

Return to “The Summonsing”