what is the most cinamatic scenes in the CRONICALS??????????

A place to discuss the books in the FC and SC. *Please Note* No LC spoilers allowed in this forum. Do so in the forum below.

Moderators: kevinswatch, Orlion

what is the most cinamatic scenes in the CRONICALS??????????

Post by Guest »

I was reading the subjest about the gross and sad scenes in the chronicals. It made me think-- whAT WERE THE MOST CINAMATIC, almost movie-like parts in the chronicals? THINK, what do you think???
I remember the one that sticks with me-- when salty sacrifices himself and saves TC from the lava. That part was like a movie camera right above the lava, watching salty melt in the heat,sinking. Throwing TC to dry land, sacrificinghimself. (the come-back of salty was a bonus)
but is this a boring topic? if so, tell me, okay

Rocky, the true salty
MokshaTuriyaSamadhi Raver

Post by MokshaTuriyaSamadhi Raver »

The most Cinematic (as well as most despairing) sequence of the series imho is in The illearth War (which you all apparently hate for some reason that escapes me. 8O )

Chapters -> Tull's Tale to Doom's Retreat have it all. The Doom Of the Giants, The Sacrifice of Veremont and Thomin and the moment when Hile Troy finally sees the vast host of Fleshharrower.

That last one would have to be THE scene if you chose one.

Of course I can cheat and say a flashback to the events of the Ritual Of Descreation. Treacher's Gorge onwards. That would make an epic in itself.
Landwaster
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Landwaster »

Ranyhyn turning up.

The sandhold collapsing and the run to escape the collapse.

The original panorama from Kevins Watch.

And, yes, the Doom's Retreat battle., I reckon, would, qualify.
Do you think I like being this dangerous?
kaseryn
Bloodguard in Disguise

Post by kaseryn »

Wouldnt mind seeing Nom turn up at TC's call.. then busting down the doors @ Revelstone.... then um.. freeing the Haruchai.. and er.. putting out Sunbane err.. frigit.. all of it lol
MokshaTuriyaSamadhi Raver

Post by MokshaTuriyaSamadhi Raver »

Hmm.... new contender.

Lord Mhoram's Victory.

*ROAR*
Michael Giantfriend
Ramen

Post by Michael Giantfriend »

MokshaTuriyaSamadhi Raver wrote: Lord Mhoram's Victory.
Oh yesssssss!!!!! :) That would be a stunning scene!

But what about:
Spoiler
... when, at the very end, Covenant gives the ring over to Lord Foul, and it seems as if Foul is about to break the Arch of Time. We see Foul swell and grow with power, his might becomes palpable, his eyes gleam with fire as he gathers the might of the wild magic around him and finally releases it at the Arch of Time ... and Covenant's shade simply gets in the way!
Prince of Amber
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Prince of Amber »

I'm sure we've done this topic before?? Maybe that was just in my mind.

There's a bit in TPTP where Salty and T.C are trying to get past a guard outside Fouls Creche, T.C strolls up trying to look nonchalant, whistling and distracting the guard while Salty runs up a clobbers him. I just love that scene, and wouldn't it be fab in a movie?
There is also Love in the World.
Earthblood
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Earthblood »

Battle of Soaring Woodhelven - Foamfollower & the Bloodguard fighting!
"You're afraid of yourself."
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

the dance of the Wraiths of Andelain would be great to watch on the big screen. behind that i'd go with the fight with Kenaustin, the fire lions' charge down mt threndor, and TC's escape from the Clave and raising of the Krill.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
Lord Mhoram
Lord

Post by Lord Mhoram »

Spoiler
When Covenant tries to break off a piece of the One Tree, but he awakes the Worm...whose name I cannot recall.
All of yours are good, too!
Lady Genni
Ramen

Post by Lady Genni »

I'd love to see the approach to Revelstone from LFB...have it come into view as TC and FF walk up to it...very grand.
Lady Genni
"By the Seven...!"
Lord Mhoram
Lord

Post by Lord Mhoram »

That would be neat to see!

Post by Guest »

Most of Gildenfire, from the trap set at the tree onwards would be pretty exciting, too.
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

Post by duchess of malfi »

Any of the battles would probably be wonderful to watch, especially with the Bloodguard and that crazy blue Lord's fire flashing around. That bit in the Illearth war when Callindrill goes down and Mhoram is thumping on his chest while the urviles are breaking down the barrier thing and the Bloodguard all turn around en masse to go back would be pretty exciting, and Lord Mhoram's Victory, and Nom, and, shoot, there's just too many!
Love as thou wilt.

[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

...proudly presented in Smell-o-Vision (there has been such a thing, I'm not making it up).
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
Landwaster
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Landwaster »

The presentation of TC to the fanatics in order to free Joan, and Linden's rush, would be quite a trip.

How about all the images TC receives during the Soothtell?
Do you think I like being this dangerous?
Dag son of Dag
Ramen

Post by Dag son of Dag »

Definately this: In TIW, after Mhoram has talked to TC (when TC has returned from his meeting with the Unfettered One), and this panickstricken soldier calls to Mhoram: "The Gray Slayer marches!" I can just see Mhoram straightening his shoulders, taking his staff and marching determined to the Council Chamber, all the while some dramatic and powerful piece of music is playing..
Prince of Amber
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Prince of Amber »

What about T.C running from one end of the Land to the other all fired up on Waynhim juice, with Vain jogging casually along side him.
Or the bit under the Sandhold just before T.C first calls NOM, 'Stone and Sea Honninscrave bravely done' (where they thought that the bad guy was dead)
There is also Love in the World.
Sivit na-Morham
Servant of the Land

Post by Sivit na-Morham »

I would think that the scene where TC gives the lords fouls message would be very intense.

Sivit
Satansheart
Stonedownor

Post by Satansheart »

Most of the action scenes would be stunning, I think the trip to Mount Thunder in LFB, and the moment when Bannor appears by Covenants side in Mount Thunder
Covenant climbed to his feet, wiped the sweat from his eyes, and found Bannor standing beside him. The Bloodguard's robe hung tattered from his shoulders, and a large bruise on his brow closed one eye. But his hands were poised, alert. He carried himself on the balls of his feet, ready to leap in any direction. His flat eyes held a dull gleam of battle.
Covenant felt such a surge of relief that he wanted to hug Bannor. After his long, lightless ordeal, he felt suddenly rescued, almost redeemed. But his gruff voice belied his emotion. "What the hell took you so long?"
, but the hard part would be translating the emotion to the screen. How about a Manga style movie with narration and computer graphic characters, like Final Fantasy/Toy Story. It would be a fraction of the cost of a live action picture, and SRD could make the characters exactly how HE imagined them?
What?
Without warning, her words hit him in the face like ice water.

Return to “The First and Second Chronicles of Thomas Covenant”