Your Favourite Buffy Season?

Talk about all your favorite series, shows, programs, news anchorpeople, ect.

Moderators: Cagliostro, sgt.null

Well? Which one? :P

Season 1
14%
Season 2
29%
Season 3
29%
Season 4
14%
Season 6
14%
Season 7
No votes

Total votes: 7

Revan
Drool Rockworm's Servant

Your Favourite Buffy Season?

Post by Revan »

What's your favourite season of Buffy the Vampire Slayer? :P

I actually liked season one the best... it had a different feel to it than the others... The Pack... probably my favourite ever episode. :) 8)
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

Two. The characters really start to develop, Angel gets a personality, and of course Spike appears. It had some of my favourite moments too. Angel losing his soul, Spike getting out of the wheelchair, Spike and Buffy's reluctant alliance, Spike's lines (to paraphrase one of my favourites: "Wow, a big rock. I can't wait to tell my friends. I bet none of them have got a rock this big.") not to mention the baffling (at the time) appearance of a second Slayer. It had it's weak points, notably the tedious middle bit where almost every episode revolved around Angel and Buffy making puppy eyes at each other in cemetaries, but the great bits outweighed all that...and it showed Spike at his best - evil.
Revan
Drool Rockworm's Servant

Post by Revan »

CovenantJr wrote:Two. The characters really start to develop, Angel gets a personality, and of course Spike appears. It had some of my favourite moments too. Angel losing his soul, Spike getting out of the wheelchair, Spike and Buffy's reluctant alliance, Spike's lines (to paraphrase one of my favourites: "Wow, a big rock. I can't wait to tell my friends. I bet none of them have got a rock this big.")
All those moments were great... Spike getting out of his wheelchair... I got thrills.. that was amazing! :D And, yes, Buffy and Spike teaming up... that also ruled. :) Angelus coming... At the worst possible time... amazing writing. 8)
Gart
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Gart »

Five: Despite the introduction of the thoroughly detestable Dawn, and the foot-dragging last third of the season, it gets my vote simply because of the heart-stopping finale. If only they'd left it there... :evil:
...but in the morning, I will be sober
Revan
Drool Rockworm's Servant

Post by Revan »

I always thought that maybe they should have stopped the show there... But all the hot girls that featured afterwards swayed my point of view ;) :twisted:
taraswizard
<i>Haruchai</i>

Season 3

Post by taraswizard »

SEASON THREE, season three, season three. Faith, Mayor Wilkins, Mr Trick, Willow and Oz, Earshot, Graduation day. The greatnessof season 3.
Allan Rosewarne
taraswizard Essence of Amber
Buffy fans Chicago
W/T they are forever
birdandbear
The Gap Into Spam

Post by birdandbear »

Gosh, this is hard! 8O

I had to go with Season 5, because it has my favorite couples, and my favorite Scoobies in it (pretty much amounts to the same thing...but I just really love this particular ensemble...all of them, not just the couples. :D) I love seeing Xander and Anya, and Willow and Tara together, and happy, and minus so much of the dark icky stuff that comes along later. And Spike is in the middle of his long arc, mooning after Buffy and breaking my heart every other episode....the ends of Fool for Love and Intervention are just so touching. :hearts: And the final scene in Family, at Tara's b-day party, is possibly my favorite scene ever - everybody's there (except Spike) and they're all happy, and friends....and we don't get to see a lot of that. I love to see them all together, and having fun, and at (relative ;) peace. And then there's that beautiful dancy floaty thing....Also, it has Fool for Love, The Body, and The Gift in it.....three of the best episodes ever.
Unfortunately, I think Glory is the Crappiest Big Bad since The Master... :roll: but it still wins it for me. And Unlike so many other people, I like Dawn. True, I don't love her as much as I do the rest, but she is a sympathetic character to me, and I certainly don't hate her.

I think Season 6 would come next, because by the end of season 5, I'm so entirely drawn in that there's almost no difference to me.....it's one continuous story. :D

Season 7 has my favorite Spike stuff (which carries a whole LOT of weight with me.)...I've loved Spike from the first time I saw him in School Hard, but I'm a total sucker for souled Spike. His arc from beginning to end just amazes me....actually, apart from the Spike storyline, I think 7 is likely the weakest season, and they were right to end it before it became tedious.

The rest are all pretty much even to me, overall. But I do have to agree with you taraswizard....The Mayor was hands down the best Big Bad ever. And Graduation Day was the best finale......when all those kids pulled those weapons out from under their graduation robes and prepared to stand and fight.....I thought I was going to die!! 8O :D 8O :D 8O :D
What a rush!! And the "Class Protector" award a few episodes earlier makes me choke up every time. :cry: :cry: :D
"If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do."
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

birdandbear wrote:The Mayor was hands down the best Big Bad ever
No! Spike was! :x ;)
saera
Ramen

Post by saera »

I can't make up my mind. 8O I'm pretty sure it isn't season one, and not season four either - Riley :? but season two is a whole lot of Angel and I looove the end and then season three is just like a great extension of season two, and six and seven is filled with Spike :wink:

So, yeah. I don't know. O.o Can I say Angel season 1?

>>
<<
Zahir
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zahir »

Well, I see mine is the only vote for Season Four. And that's easy enough to understand, but let me explain. That was the season with so many of my very favorite moments and episodes.

"Something Blue" with Spike and Buffy engaged.
"Hush" with not only the introduction of the scariest monsters of all--the Gentlemen (shudder)--but my favorite character, Tara.
"New Moon Rising," with the most tear-worthy moment in the entire show.
"The Yoko Factor," where everyone finds out Tara is Willow's girlfriend.
"Restless" one of the most intriguing and interesting eps ever!

Plus the return of Faith, and "Superstar" and the whole Anya-becoming-Xander's-girlfriend plot!
"O let my name be in the Book of Love!
It be there, I care not of the other great book Above.
Strike it out! Or, write it in anew. But
Let my name be in the Book of Love!" --Omar Khayam
Nav
Lord

Re: Season 3

Post by Nav »

taraswizard wrote:SEASON THREE, season three, season three. Faith, Mayor Wilkins, Mr Trick, Willow and Oz, Earshot, Graduation day. The greatnessof season 3.
I couldn't agree more. It took a little while to get going again after the upheaval at the end of season two but Faith has a fantastic story arc, going from bad ass new slayer to fallen servant of evil by way of her failure to tow the line, becoming an insecure outsider and being taken in by a demon sugar daddy. The simmering tension between Buffy and Angel this series is also electrifying, and actually provides a convincing premise for Angel to slink off to LA and his own series.

Other gems include the introduction of Anya and Earshot, in which we learn that Giles and Joyce are more than just good friends.
Q. Why do Communists drink herbal tea?
A. Because proper tea is theft.

Return to “TV Shows”