Salman Rushdie's new books

For those who want to talk about other authors, but can't be bothered to go join other boards...

Moderators: Orlion, Dragonlily

nuk
<i>Elohim</i>

Salman Rushdie's new books

Post by nuk »

I was doing some web searching to see if any of my favorite authors were publishing any new books, and I saw mention of Salman Rushdie having 4 books due for publication this year or next. This seemed to warrant an explanation to me, but I couldn't find one with a brief search. In the last 30 years, he's only published 8 novels. How is he putting out 4 in 2 years now? Any Rushdie fans here who've been paying attention?

In other news, still no word of a new John Steinbeck novel... :cry:
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Sorry, I can't help you man. I quite like Rushdie, but don't think I've read anything by him since The Moors Last Sigh and Midnight's Children.

I pick them up as I find them and don't actively follow the schedules or anything like that.

I really enjoyed Haroun and the Sea of Stories I must say.

nuk
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by nuk »

You may want to read The Ground Beneath Her Feet. That's one of his better ones, IMO.
I really don't know why I like Rushdie - he's way too artsy-fartsy for my tastes in general, but I enjoy most of his work nonetheless. Maybe it's because he's a raving atheist.
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Thanks, I'll keep an eye out for it. Yeah, I have to be in the mood to read his stuff.

--A

Return to “General Literature Discussion”