Dark Tower thread (split from Runes forum - SPOILERS!)

The Dark Tower and other works of Stephen King.

Moderator: lucimay

MrKABC
The Gap Into Spam

Dark Tower thread (split from Runes forum - SPOILERS!)

Post by MrKABC »

Spoiler
I hope the story DOESN'T end as it started... Stephen King did this and I am STILL pissed off at him for that....
"This is the grace that has been given to you - to bear what must be borne."
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

MrKABC wrote:
Spoiler
I hope the story DOESN'T end as it started... Stephen King did this and I am STILL pissed off at him for that....
The depth of your vileness is only matched by the utter emptiness which is your soul. May bad names and smears on your character be heaped upon you without bound or surcease, for it will not relieve by one degree your lack of regard for fellow humans. My name for you will forever be unutterable where good people dwell. Creatures which live in slime and filth look upon you with distaste. May the rest of your life be in interesting times. Ach, ptooey.
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Wayfriend wrote:
MrKABC wrote:
Spoiler
The depth of your vileness is only matched by the utter emptiness which is your soul. May bad names and smears on your character be heaped upon you without bound or surcease, for it will not relieve by one degree your lack of regard for fellow humans. My name for you will forever be unutterable where good people dwell. Creatures which live in slime and filth look upon you with distaste. May the rest of your life be in interesting times. Ach, ptooey.
What he said. And Double!

--A
MrKABC
The Gap Into Spam

Post by MrKABC »

Wayfriend wrote:
MrKABC wrote:
Spoiler
What he said. And Double!

--A
Spoiler
I did not list the name of the SK book that committed the vile sin of going full circle... therefore it is not a spoiler.
Therefore, in the soothtell that is the analysis of Stephen King books, I must chain you both within the catafalque of Riders and utilize your blood to assuage the harm that your vile insults have wrought upon myself and my fellow Riders of the Clave.

May a-Jeroth have mercy on your souls as you travel within the Seven Hells.
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Yeah, well, don't do it anymore.
Gadget nee Jemcheeta
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Gadget nee Jemcheeta »

Spoiler
I did not list the name of the SK book that committed the vile sin of going full circle... therefore it is not a spoiler.

GAAAARRGGHGGHHAHATHTHG!!!
I cannot believe... There are no words... GREAHAHGAHTAHTAH!!!
I stopped reading, at the place where stephen king told me to stop, and I was happy with that. I avoided all forums, checked for spoilers, etcetera....
Come on! Which book does that? Ha!!! How many different stephen king book(s) compare to the Covenant stuff in scope. I can only think of one.
GRHEAHAHGAH! *burning pain*
Start where you are,
use what you have,
do what you can.
much2phat
Servant of the Land

Post by much2phat »

Steven pissed me off so much with the DT series. The first 3 books were works of genius, and the last 4 were just dissappointing. There are 2 SK books that rise above all others. #1 is Insomnia. That is an amazing story and possibly my favorite novel of all time, and a close #2 is The Talisman. The Talisman is in production right now, so look for it on the big screen by the end of the year. It will be awesome if it is done right, just like TCOTC.
Getting back to The DT Series though,
Spoiler
I thought the circlular story was just a big fat lazy ass cop out!
"Let's drink till we can't feel feelings anymore."
MrKABC
The Gap Into Spam

Post by MrKABC »

Thanks, Much2Phat, for your support and agreement!

I did not name the book that committed the vile sin!!! JemCheetah, you ASSUME you know which book I am referring to...

"IT" is a rather large tome, a very laborious read, with a dubious payoff at the end... that book comes full circle... I read it once, and immediately wished that I had spent the time picking weeds, digging ditches, etc...

For you to know what lies beyond where SK told you to stop, you had to have peeked!!!

May the Three Corners of Truth have mercy on all of you.
Gadget nee Jemcheeta
The Gap Into Spam

Did you say IT went full circle? I absolutely did not peak. I've just read everything King's ever written as far as fiction novels go, except for of course the last few pages of the last dark tower book.
Listen, if YOU hadn't have read the last bit of The Dark Tower, you would have been able to deduce what you were referring to... but at least I don't know any details.
Spoiler
full circle' is pretty' vague.
Start where you are,
use what you have,
do what you can.
MrKABC
The Gap Into Spam

Post by MrKABC »

<avoids the sneetches being thrown by the Crimson King>

I did not name the book. I did not say what happened in the "secret" pages of DT7. Even SK himself said that some people would not like what was contained therein. I didn't!

I also recommend that you NEVER read those pages either. :P
Gadget nee Jemcheeta
The Gap Into Spam

Spoiler
Don't plan on it. In my mind, Roland has perpetually just entered the Dark Tower. Good times had by all.
Last edited by Gadget nee Jemcheeta on Fri Apr 22, 2005 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Start where you are,
use what you have,
do what you can.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Oh, and now you're the one giving away stuff to people who haven't read any of book 7!

(Kidding! I don't care - I've already read spoilers about the ending)
MrKABC
The Gap Into Spam

Post by MrKABC »

Bwahahahahahaa!!!!

Murrin, you ROCK!

Jem, I think SK should rot in the Seven Hells of a-Jeroth for his cop-out ending of DT7. With a rukh shoved up his a** for good measure.

At least you ended when you did. I read the "secret" pages.... and now I am doomed to a caamora of eternal pain in a fiery lake of lava for my effort. This is not a spoiler, it is an opinion.
Spoiler
THIS is a spoiler! The story goes full circle because it ends as it began, with the phrase, "The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."
Warmark
Lord

Post by Warmark »

probably the wrong place to be talking bout this but anyway...
i think it was certainly an unexpected ending but it fits the story,
Spoiler
ka is a wheel after all.
But if you're all about the destination, then take a fucking flight.
We're going nowhere slowly, but we're seeing all the sights.
And we're definitely going to hell, but we'll have all the best stories to tell.

Full of the heavens and time.
Gadget nee Jemcheeta
The Gap Into Spam

I think King meant it, that section at the beginning of Coda. I really think he meant it, and I've went with him for so long, followed him every step of the way. I felt like he was typing to people like me, like it was an actual appeal... I don't know. I just have so many positive feelings about the characters, I don't want their stories to end in my imagination.
Start where you are,
use what you have,
do what you can.
MrKABC
The Gap Into Spam

Post by MrKABC »

I agree that King meant it as well.

I do believe that DT 1 through 4 (4 being best, IMHO) was truly an inspired and original work, destined for greatness. DT 5 through 7, on the other hand, disappointed. It seemed forced, WAY too much attention was paid to other SK characters, stories, and plotlines, which turned the story into a ditch.

Again, just my HO, but I think I will forever just re-read DT4 and let the others gather dust on my shelves.
Gadget nee Jemcheeta
The Gap Into Spam

I disagree... I loved every inch of the whole series. I was with it every step of the way. But I think King has a forum on here.. hehe...
Start where you are,
use what you have,
do what you can.
MrKABC
The Gap Into Spam

Post by MrKABC »

Uh, yeah, you are right... we sure did go WAYYYY OT, didn't we?

Long days and pleasant nights, I beg ya...

Now, we return to the Master's just retribution, turning the Earth into a jail and gallow-fells for leaguing with a-Jeroth.....
Warmark
Lord

Post by Warmark »

seen as this will probably be split soon anway...
(4 being best, IMHO
absolutly agree i loved it
But if you're all about the destination, then take a fucking flight.
We're going nowhere slowly, but we're seeing all the sights.
And we're definitely going to hell, but we'll have all the best stories to tell.

Full of the heavens and time.
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

I was holding off on splitting this thread, since the original topic was "coming full circle" and naturally examples of that would be given. I also thought the thread itself would come full circle, which it now appears to be doing. But if you guys want me to split this let me know, and I will do so and move the new thread to Steven King forum.

Return to “Stephen King Forum”